Thread: car starter

car starter

What's the best car starter out there? I don't really trust them unless they are stock. I've heard of them catching fire and causing electrical problems, especially when circuit city and best buy install them. I plan on getting it for my winter car that I don't care that much about but I'd still like to see a good product in there. I don't want to be taking the bus while my new car is off the road

I have been an installer for 19 years. I have a Viper responder in mine. DEI products offer a nationwide customer support toll-free number and incredible flexibility and reliability. Going to a 'big box' store chain like Best Buy or Circuit City will get you an expedited install and a lot of cut corners. These stores have a lot of overhead and pay their high-school age installers a commission. You get a three-hour install with all scotch locks and usually the module is easily found under the knee bolster. Big no-no!
    '04 Silver Marauder w/ sunroof - HID lighting, JL Audio / Eclipse DVD/NAV/iPod/camera, 4.10's, 2" drop, Progard Bumper Baffle, Delete tips, Billet Pedals, BC4E dead pedal, Lidio Tune, Mach1 chin spoiler, K&N CAI, TCE lines, Super40's, tinted tails, SS Inserts, Heinous Control Arms, Real oil gauge, lighted door handles. Currently installing Eaton M112.

2004 Mercury Marauder
    Born March 2004, adopted October 2005. Sold January 2012, adopted AGAIN January 2016
    2,187 of 3,214
    997 in Silver Birch
    448 with light flint interior
    304 with heated seats
    336 with sunroof

Thanks, the winter car isn't something im attached to but I still want a quality starter. I'm glad the marauder already has one so I don't need to worry about that. Any suggestions for car covers??

www.calcarcover.com that who I got the noah cover, had it for 2 years now before I got a garage Car was fine under it for 3-4 months.

Get one with good range and adjustable run time as a minimum requirement. Secondary requirement would be 2 way remote with status for a couple extra $.

I've got a Bulldog 1-way installed & working 40' range (actual 20' due to antenna routing I did). It sucks walking half way to car outside in the winter to start it and get 15minutes of run time, but happier than without it).

I have a Bulldog 2 way Deluxe 500 (1/2 mile range per some sites) haven't installed in wife's Contour yet. I'm sure this will work great.

http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/

They have "T-Harnesses" (interface between igition connector) which ease installation tremendously. There's no T-Harness for the Contour, so I'm not looking forward to install. A properly done job with a T-harness takes about a full day. I solder and heat shrink tubing my connections for reliability. A side note, you may need some relays and sockets handy just in case, due to polarity issues. See http://www.mcminone.com/ or http://www.partsexpress.com/ for decent deals on tubing, fuses, relays, sockets etc.
    Last edited by pantheroc; 12-29-2006 at 12:20 PM.
    ______________________________ _______________
    2003 BLACK 300A 06/19/2002 Build 1665 of 7839

I got mine from here: http://www.designtech-intl.com/
    These are available from most FLAPS. You will also need the Univeral Alarm Bypass module and a MM key that is configured to start your car.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Thread Information