Thread: Looking For Stock Trilogy Tune.

Looking For Stock Trilogy Tune.

Hey all, I'm looking to see if anyone has a stock trilogy tune (91 or 93 octane, pref 93) for PCM code CRD1 for a SCT2? I originally had a chip but the chip went bad. Some one from Trilogy had sent me 2 tunes awhile ago and I just finally got around installing them but I think there setup wrong due to the fact that as soon as I loaded either of the tunes all the OBD2 monitors are cleared on the first startup. I'm also getting engine ping on slight accel with both 91 and 93 octane tunes (only use 93 octane fuel). There are also some other issues I noticed while data logging that have me suspect that the tune is off. Only mod I have is headers and high flow exhaust and the IAT has NOT been relocated. Any help would be appreciated.

Ok, just so we know you did remove the chip from you PCM? I've had this happen on other customer cars.
    The Trilogy tune is designed for a stock car, so modifications such as Cold air intakes, bigger exhaust or other performance upgrades will require custom tuning above and beyond the Trilogy base tune.
    2003 Marauder, 300A, Black/Dark Charcoal
    Adopted August 8, 2007. Retired August 8 2014. Trilogy #234 installed May 2011, SS Inserts, Factory spoiler, widened rims, Nittos, Permachrome rims, 3.2 blower pulley.

2004 DTR/Dark Charcoal,
    Adopted: April 2004 Retired: February 2006
    Trilogy #34 Supercharger,SS Inserts,Factory spoiler,K&N AirCharger,Moonroof,Heated seats,6 disc

2003 300A, Black,
    Adopted: June 2002 Retired: April 2004
    Rienhart stage one.

DO you have an AF gauge on your car?

No AF gauge on car. The chip is removed. When the chip was working had no issues. All the OBD2 monitors worked properly. Another reason why I believe its a tune issue is due to the fact that long trim fuel tables show no change and stay at 0% no matter how far driven. Short trim fuel does change +/- 17% depending on speed and load. Long trim fuel table should adapt over time but it is not. That is why I just wanted to eliminate a bad tune file.

I have one somewhere.
    Would have to look very hard to find it

Quote Originally Posted by KilledKenny View Post
    No AF gauge on car. The chip is removed. When the chip was working had no issues. All the OBD2 monitors worked properly. Another reason why I believe its a tune issue is due to the fact that long trim fuel tables show no change and stay at 0% no matter how far driven. Short trim fuel does change +/- 17% depending on speed and load. Long trim fuel table should adapt over time but it is not. That is why I just wanted to eliminate a bad tune file.

Most aftermarket tuners shut off long term fuel trims to avoid the check engine light coming on. Get a wideband. If your adding 17% fuel under normal driving you are definitely under fueled at WOT or higher engine loads would be my guess, this would lead to a lean condition and spark knock present. Also some OBD monitors are shut off with a trilogy tune. I do not think the tune is bad. I think you just need a custom tune due to your modifications. The original trilogy tune does not account for headers or other modifications. The O2 lag time would be off by up to 30% with headers over stock manifolds.

Get a custom tune.
    I have 5 Marauders...

ask LJI372 about that HEHEHE

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    I have one somewhere.
    If you find one I would gladly compensate you for it.
    I believe that a stock trilogy tune has nothing turned off unless its modified. The Tunes that I have all the monitors are off, Evap, O2 heaters, Cats, everything. If there was a reputable tuner within 200 miles that used SCT I would have gone.

I have one somewhere.
    Can't wait for you to announce that SCT delivered a Cease & Desist letter to your front door

OH SNAP!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by martyo View Post
    OH SNAP!!!!
    Already had that letter delivered to me.
    I never discuss what software was used to create files anymore.
    WINNING.

I seen to remember all my monitors were off on my old Trilogy chip.

Self proclaimed Builder Of Badassery.

Buy it, Break it, Build it BETTER.
    "Since 2004"
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    I seen to remember all my monitors were off on my old Trilogy chip.

Self proclaimed Builder Of Badassery.

Buy it, Break it, Build it BETTER.
    "Since 2004"
    I've got the "cop chip" works good with my Trilogy..........
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spectragod View Post
    I've got the "cop chip" works good with my Trilogy..........
    Need a "Like" buttone to click on.

Sent from The White House on taxpayers dimes.

DTR + 4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom

Great quotes!!
    Quote Originally Posted by CBT View Post
    you were too busy getting your ass kicked by cool people because you suck and are a worthless excuse for a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by CBT View Post
    I'm going to punch you so hard between the legs your going to need a GYNA BO to fix it!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
    Eat poo poo and die heathen.

Quote Originally Posted by KilledKenny View Post
    I believe that a stock trilogy tune has nothing turned off unless its modified.
    I have the stock Trilogy tune, which Lidio slightly tweaked on his dyno, and all the I/M monitors are turned on... which is lucky for me since Taxachusetts figured out a few years ago that having them all turned off is not the same thing as having them all ready.
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

Guess I'll hafta try and call Lidio to see if he still has a stock Trilogy tune for my PCM code since no one has one available. Then invest in a wide band o2 sensor and SCT Advantage III Ford Pro Racer Software to adjust it.

Thread Information