Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wanted: Nice Marauder w/ good miles

Wanted: Nice Marauder w/ good miles

I am ready to buy anytime between now and early September. I am looking for a Silver Birch (1st choice) or Black (2nd choice) Marauder with less than 50k on the clock and in excellent condition. Nothing over $14,000. Black interior is preferable. Mild mods OK (cai, headers, etc ... no superchargers or custom interior/paint/wheels). P.S. I am tired of people telling me that their cars are "perfect" or in "showroom condition" only to drive 8 hours and find crappy body work from previous damage, scratches that won't buff out and holes drilled in the console in order to mount a CB. If you have a car for sale that fits this bill, PM me. I know this is a tall order, but I have plenty of time ... and if the right car doesn't come along, it just wasn't meant to be.

Sorry....mine is supercharged and has more miles than you are looking for (190,453 to be exact) but it fits the rest of your criteria!!

These cars are getting enough age on them that you will be hard pressed to find one that is perfect and has low miles for $14K!!??

Good Luck!!

Marauderjack
    No Marauder

I have a low mile DTR, but I don't think it will fit your bill.....

How about a Dark Blue Pearl, there's 1 for sale here.
    "Damned if I do, damned if I don't!"
    Member #8831

MERIDEATH aka "Purrrty Mean" was born on June 20, 2002.
    Production #1685 of 7,838 and is #1685 of 7093 Black Beasts.
    Delivered July 27th 2002, she revealed herself.
    Unable to be tamed by her 1st owner, she was left to roam about & raid in search of plunder.
    Through the pillage she became mine on January 23, 2008 and since then...
    "She's tryin' to make a Devil out of me!"
    -"TaKe 'Em D0wN!" TRILOGY TwinScrew #209 / TS0019-

These cars are getting enough age on them that you will be hard pressed to find one that is perfect and has low miles for $14K!!??
    Nope. They're still out there. I've got time on my side. No need to be in a rush. I know that DBP is rare, but I think it's rare for a reason (not to offend anyone, but it is the ugliest color on a Marauder IMO).

I know of a very nice SB,but it has a light flint interior.4.10 gears installed by Dennis Reinhart and tuned by him with resonator delete tips,probably 20K miles or less right now. But you'd be at least $2500 short of what it's worth. BTW,it was a Florida car until this last winter.
    Last edited by UncleLar; 01-01-2009 at 08:40 PM. Reason: spelling
    Member #462
    2004 DTR II
    2005 H-D E Glide Classic
    2009 Super Glide Custom

"Come See a Fat Old Man Sometime"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlB7bz0TrZM

I would be willing to go a little higher if the car was worth it. But I couldn't afford that right now. Maybe closer to summer. The issue is, my wife's car's lease will mature on Sept. 16. I gave her my Yukon XL and I am driving her leased Volvo. The Marauder will be a replacement for the Volvo and, thus, my daily driver. I would actually be smart to wait until July or August to buy, but if the right deal comes along, I'm prepared to snatch it up.

The more I look at SB, the more I think that's the only color for me. There are two NICE ones on Ebay right now ... one in Pennsylvania for $14,500 and one in Sarasota with a $15,500 reserve. I'm willing to wait, though.

Hope you find what youre looking for.

The KING of BLING!

BOOST GETS YOU IMPERSONATED!

Quote Originally Posted by GOT5.0 View Post
    Be forewarned dont run the one that says DOOM. cause thats just what youll get!
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEDOWN View Post
    It's easy to find D00M, just follow his smoke or his trail of trophies!
    Quote Originally Posted by MMBLUE View Post
    When your good nobody likes ya, everyones jealous.

If I could do it all over again I think I would buy a Silver Birch MM with a sun roof and black interior. I love my black MM but its such a PIA to keep clean!
    2003 300A
    #4916 of 7839
    N/A Bolt on's
    4:10 Gear's
    Steeda Underdrive Pulleys
    Stewart EMP Waterpump
    K&N CAI
    Sparta Control Arms
    Zack Tune
    TCE SS brakelines
    [LEFT]SS Insert's[/LEFT

.............................. ..
    Last edited by Aren Jay; 01-27-2009 at 01:54 PM.

Mine is a SB with sunroof. 39K miles and some bolt-on goodies. The stereo system will take it out of your price league since it retailed for what you want to spend for just the car. Yes, mine is perfect and garaged with laminated window sticker, complete service manual, dealer brochures and videos and all dealer-included periodicals. You can have it for $35,000. That's the insured value.
    '04 Silver Marauder w/ sunroof - HID lighting, JL Audio / Eclipse DVD/NAV/iPod/camera, 4.10's, 2" drop, Progard Bumper Baffle, Delete tips, Billet Pedals, BC4E dead pedal, Lidio Tune, Mach1 chin spoiler, K&N CAI, TCE lines, Super40's, tinted tails, SS Inserts, Heinous Control Arms, Real oil gauge, lighted door handles. Currently installing Eaton M112.

2004 Mercury Marauder
    Born March 2004, adopted October 2005. Sold January 2012, adopted AGAIN January 2016
    2,187 of 3,214
    997 in Silver Birch
    448 with light flint interior
    304 with heated seats
    336 with sunroof

BAD MERC, I'm not even going to comment on that. You know that's not what I'm looking for ... was it just an opportunity for you to brag? Sounds like a nice ride, but car audio isn't my priority at all.

Aren Jay ... thanks and I'm going to check that link when I get a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by gcgarner View Post
    BAD MERC, I'm not even going to comment on that. You know that's not what I'm looking for ... was it just an opportunity for you to brag? Sounds like a nice ride, but car audio isn't my priority at all.

Aren Jay ... thanks and I'm going to check that link when I get a chance.

I was trying to differentiate the difference between a "nice" one and one obsessed over by a seriously anal owner. I don't have to brag - I have 2 dozen car show trophies and plaques to do that for me. Be patient and look for exactly what you want - it took me 11 months and I got it. I never regretted what I paid.
    '04 Silver Marauder w/ sunroof - HID lighting, JL Audio / Eclipse DVD/NAV/iPod/camera, 4.10's, 2" drop, Progard Bumper Baffle, Delete tips, Billet Pedals, BC4E dead pedal, Lidio Tune, Mach1 chin spoiler, K&N CAI, TCE lines, Super40's, tinted tails, SS Inserts, Heinous Control Arms, Real oil gauge, lighted door handles. Currently installing Eaton M112.

2004 Mercury Marauder
    Born March 2004, adopted October 2005. Sold January 2012, adopted AGAIN January 2016
    2,187 of 3,214
    997 in Silver Birch
    448 with light flint interior
    304 with heated seats
    336 with sunroof

Quote Originally Posted by gcgarner View Post
    Nope. They're still out there. I've got time on my side. No need to be in a rush. I know that DBP is rare, but I think it's rare for a reason (not to offend anyone, but it is the ugliest color on a Marauder IMO).
    Have you seen one up close, clean and waxed?

You're right, you don't want a DPB, one of those "unique" black models sounds like the ticket for you.

2003 300B DBP
    Build date: 6/19/03
    Number 7,792 of 7,838 - 326 of 328
    Proud member of the MM "BLUES" Bros.
    Purchased: 11/10/05
    Eaton swap by ImpalaSlayer 11-09-10

Semper et in Aeternum, Mercurius.

In Memory:
    2004 DTR
    Build Date 01/27/04
    Purchased 04/04/04
    Wrecked 10/19/05, R.I.P.

I don't have to brag - I have 2 dozen car show trophies and plaques to do that for me.
    Nice! I am going to have to check out your pics.

I also commend you for being patient and getting exactly what you want. Hopefully I can find the self-restraint to do the same.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information