Thread: Blower Belt Mis-Alignment?!?!

Blower Belt Mis-Alignment?!?!

Had some squeaking develop from the blower belt so I took the belt off and found with a pair of calipers that the upper pulley sits 4.1mm further back (towards the windshield) then the lower crank pulley.

The upper pulley hub I believe is in correct position with the blower shaft even with the front edge of the hub, here's a pic:

I ordered this lower pulley hub from Metco:
    http://www.metcomotorsports.com/prod...p?prod=MCH3000

And am hoping I didn't accidently get the trilogy specific hub by mistake.

Does anyone know if it's alright to move the upper pulley hub out the 4mm from it's current position?

I know the front of the blower shaft won't be flush with the front edge of the hub, but not sure if there's adjustment allowed there or not?

Also, anyone know the difference in snout length between a Trilogy blower and a Cobra issued Eaton M-112?

Metco is closed until Tuesday and it's driving me nuts!

Thanks in advance for any help!
    2004 Black Marauder: #2237 Born on 4/1/2004

Eaton Swapped and a bunch of other goodies!

That's a hair over an 1/8". Verify the lower hasn't loosened up and that the balancer is fully seated.

Self proclaimed Builder Of Badassery.

Buy it, Break it, Build it BETTER.
    "Since 2004"
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

UPDATE

Took the lower off and lightly sanded the rust off the balancer. Put it all back together with loctite and torqued to spec, and the alignment still looked off...

Called Metco and found that the issue was too much tension on the blower belt!

Was directed to this short but sweet article on belt tension from their website and thought it was informative and wanted to share:

http://www.metcomotorsports.com/prop...tensioning.asp

New belt and smaller 76mm (OEM size) pulley installed and now its at proper tension. Had a 90mm Metco idler on there and the bearing was also worn out along with the belt.

One thing I noted is I tried a couple different belt lengths and when I put them on the cold car, the tensioner's indicator read "proper tension". After a 20min ride and goosing the boost a little here and there, re-checked the tensioner reading and it was then reading "too loose."

Put the next size smaller belt on a few hours later and it read a little tight, but after another 20min ride, checked the tensioner reading and it ended up reading "perfect".

Apparently belts or at least blower belts have a little break-in?

This was all new to me and just wanted to share my findings, maybe help someone else.

SOOOO GOOD to drive the car again!
    2004 Black Marauder: #2237 Born on 4/1/2004

Eaton Swapped and a bunch of other goodies!

Thread Information