Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problems! Problems! Problems!

Problems! Problems! Problems!

I let my W borrow my car for two weeks and it's falling apart! I don't blame her. It's just a funny coincidence, right? Anyway, I found one of my problems related to a dead tail light bulb. For the record, we DO have two bulbs in there. Now my newest problem: The fan for the climat control does not work. When I actuate the wheel adjuster, I can hear a click. Fuse for climate control is good. What is the easiest way to get to the fan?

Previous owner of...

BLACK '03 300A "Bagheera"
    Ford Racing 4:10's
    Denso Iridium plugs
    JLT Cold Air Intake
    Valentine One Radar Locator w/ remote
    Gods Head Steering wheel badge
    Sylvania Silverstars
    Hitch

The blower is under the hood, passenger side, by the firewall.
    Good luck on the fix
    2004 Trilogy #93P 12.2@113 Built and stalled

I knew about the 2 brake bulbs per assembly because I test drove a low mile 300A that had one burned out in the back.
    (#6178 in black per FPIC)
    Call 1-800-FORD-788 and press "1". Have the last 6 of your VIN handy. You will get the numbers for FREE. You'll pay $$$ for the certificate.

MM traded in 8/9/13 @ 128909 miles. It was fun for almost 8 years. I met airmercpun on 1/17/14. He was the new owner of my former ride. -Now gone.

Update: back in the game with a late build 03 GMGS with some MM add ons like Escape audiophile radio w/Sirius sat radio, rear sway bar, catback exhaust, and header panel.

Rest In Peace:
    Alex "Marauderboi" Vachon 3/2/92-8/13/10
    Paula Babineau 1/9/67-8/2/11
    Rex Weinbender
    Peter

See my garage file for part numbers and whatnot.

IMHO, this site- the members that I chat with- and the ones that I now Hang with- are like my 2nd family. There is such an ongoing welcome feeling here that even members who don't or no longer own the MM can feel.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyLPita
    I knew about the 2 brake bulbs per assembly because I test drove a low mile 300A that had one burned out in the back.
    Yup, That's what it was. From the outside it looked like one.
    Now I only have the fan and rear wheel clicking issues. Any ideas on the fan?

Previous owner of...

Denso Iridium plugs
    JLT Cold Air Intake
    Sylvania Silverstars
    Hitch

if the fan works on the highest speed only..it
    coul be the resistor pack??!!

Quote Originally Posted by grampaws
    if the fan works on the highest speed only..it
    coul be the resistor pack??!!
    The fan doesn't work at all. This will be a BIG problem with the outside temperature dropping.
    I didn't get a chance last night to really get into it but I'll be bringing my meter home from work to at least find out if the problem is with the circuit or the motor.

Previous owner of...

Denso Iridium plugs
    JLT Cold Air Intake
    Sylvania Silverstars
    Hitch

MARAUDERVOL Guest

Considering buying a Marauder

Hey everybody I'm new to the thread and I'm considering purchasing a used low mileage Marauder. I just wanted some feedback on the car i.e. has everybody been satisfied with their car and are there any problems that I need to be aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by grampaws
    it coul be the resistor pack??!!
    With EATC, there is no resistor pack. The motor speed is PWM (pulse-width modulation) controlled.

According to the service manual, it could be:

1) An open or short in the wiring
    2) The blower motor relay
    3) The blower motor itself
    4) The blower motor speed control

There's an 11-point test procedure that (fortunately) involves checking for voltage or resistance at various points. Mike, when you're ready to check, send me a PM and I'll walk you through it...
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

Quote Originally Posted by MARAUDERVOL
    Hey everybody I'm new to the thread and I'm considering purchasing a used low mileage Marauder. I just wanted some feedback on the car i.e. has everybody been satisfied with their car and are there any problems that I need to be aware of.
    MarauderVOL. Please spend some time reading the volumes we've written over the last three+ years and you'll find lots of insight into the Marauder. You'll find that for the most part, we're happy with our Marauders. When issues come up, we're very supportive of each other, brainstorming ideas and seeking solutions. Feel free to start a new thread if you have specific questions so that this thread can stay on topic. Also, let us know where you're from. One of the best ways to do your research is to meet other owners! Again, welcome aboard!
    MOK

|Administrator, MM.Net | International Director of Membership|

--------------------------

I don't brake for curves!

The eyes may be the doorway to the soul,

but the voice is the chariot to the heavens

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by MARAUDERVOL
    Welcome aboard. Enjoy the site.
    (#6178 in black per FPIC)
    Call 1-800-FORD-788 and press "1". Have the last 6 of your VIN handy. You will get the numbers for FREE. You'll pay $$$ for the certificate.

MM traded in 8/9/13 @ 128909 miles. It was fun for almost 8 years. I met airmercpun on 1/17/14. He was the new owner of my former ride. -Now gone.

Update: back in the game with a late build 03 GMGS with some MM add ons like Escape audiophile radio w/Sirius sat radio, rear sway bar, catback exhaust, and header panel.

Rest In Peace:
    Alex "Marauderboi" Vachon 3/2/92-8/13/10
    Paula Babineau 1/9/67-8/2/11
    Rex Weinbender
    Peter

See my garage file for part numbers and whatnot.

IMHO, this site- the members that I chat with- and the ones that I now Hang with- are like my 2nd family. There is such an ongoing welcome feeling here that even members who don't or no longer own the MM can feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Mifuni
    I let my W borrow my car for two weeks and it's falling apart! I don't blame her. It's just a funny coincidence, right? Anyway, I found one of my problems related to a dead tail light bulb. For the record, we DO have two bulbs in there. Now my newest problem: The fan for the climat control does not work. When I actuate the wheel adjuster, I can hear a click. Fuse for climate control is good. What is the easiest way to get to the fan?
    Wow, what are the chances. Yesterday, when I left work the blower gave up on me. My whole A/C system has always worked perfectly and never showed any sign that it was going to stop working. In fact, even that very morning, the A/C was working good as usual. Anyway, the dealer was on the way to my house so I dropped it off since I have ESP. Will let you know what they say the problem and fix was as soon as they call me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shora
    Wow, what are the chances. Yesterday, when I left work the blower gave up on me. My whole A/C system has always worked perfectly and never showed any sign that it was going to stop working. In fact, even that very morning, the A/C was working good as usual. Anyway, the dealer was on the way to my house so I dropped it off since I have ESP. Will let you know what they say the problem and fix was as soon as they call me.
    Cool. Thanks

Previous owner of...

Denso Iridium plugs
    JLT Cold Air Intake
    Sylvania Silverstars
    Hitch

Quote Originally Posted by Go Mifuni
    Cool. Thanks
    Just got the car back today. Yup, the Blower Motor-Speed Control was replaced and all is well now.

Good luck fixing your and feel free to PM if I can help you in any way.

mtnh Guest
    Blower motor speed controller runs between $55 and $75, I replaced mine on a '96 grand marquis, an easy job. It mounts in the duct under the hood at the firewall. As RF says, it's a pulse width modulator controller, so when it fails, you get nothing out of your air moving device...aka the blower. I also saw a kit for the controller plus more stuff, what that stuff was is unclear to me, and the kit ran from $123 to $167, depending on how you buy it (who you buy it from). You most likely only need the controller itself for the low price of under $80. Ray could probably get you one in a hurry for the best price. I got my pricing from fordparts.com, which is one of those sites that lets you explore the online parts catalog. Their sell to you price is usually as low a price as you can get, but you may pay more for shipping through them.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnh
    Blower motor speed controller runs between $55 and $75, I replaced mine on a '96 grand marquis, an easy job. It mounts in the duct under the hood at the firewall. As RF says, it's a pulse width modulator controller, so when it fails, you get nothing out of your air moving device...aka the blower. I got my pricing from fordparts.com, which is one of those sites that lets you explore the online parts catalog.
    Good luck.
    I couldn't find it on their site. What is the exact name of this thing, or better yet, how about a pic and/or a part number?

Previous owner of...

Denso Iridium plugs
    JLT Cold Air Intake
    Sylvania Silverstars
    Hitch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information