Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Changing it up. Again.

Well after a two month hiatus I continued on today with mock up for a couple hours. Not much accomplished, still just not feeling it. Since I will be getting a new radiator I thought it would be clever to ditch yet another item, the trans/P.S. Cooler and just run the P.S. Lines right to the trans ports on the new unit. Most everything still seems to be fitting at least. The condenser lines run right thru the middle of my blower piping so I'm hoping a 98-02 CV one will have better fitment. And also I need to shave some meat off the water pump pulley as its a single hair away from hitting the lower pulley.

I haven't decided a route quite yet from the inter cooler to the TB but it appears it will fit between the battery and the wheel well with some trimming and remain outside the frame rail for better flow. I also have a ProCharger inlet if I decide to go inside the frame to make it easier. All new piping will be welded and clamped just like the rest I am using and I will be welding the motor mounts solid.

What I did find to be the easiest thing all afternoon was putting my tools away and was really impressed on how easy the hood shuts..

Builder Of Badassery
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

I know what you mean. You have to feel it. Much more fun that way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Recent new owner of a 2004 SB
    RIP 2003 Black 300A

Thats cool work Bob, the procharger is gonna make some HP forsure, you maynot like the loud venting of the blow off valve at idle and that Cog system will make that blower alot louder, gonna be a big differnce from the trilogy........
    • 82 GT coyote swap started
    • 03 300a Marauder, stroked,cammed,T/S Trilogy Supercharged # 216,Best Et 10.77@129.72 on slicks, 93 pump gas. driven to the track.
    • 2011 GT 500, 3.4 whipple,93 pump gas,10.47@133,Driven to the track.
    • 2003 azura blue Mach 1, cobra motor,2.9 Whipple,crusher inlet,built 4r70w trans,04 IRS rear.full weight street car, Corn Fed

Nice Bob! Looks similar to Joe's Purple Panther!

11.931 @ 116.33 (MT ET Streets)
    12.073 @ 118.43 (Nitto 555)

I love the smell of Nitromethane and rubber in the morning!
    Drag racers prayer:
    As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen

Thanks to Jordan pushing me and cramping my style to get this done I put in a couple hours last night modifying the incoming pipe and mounting the intercooler. As much as I hate mounting it level instead of the proper sloped angle it was a must to ever gain more than 4 7-8" ground clearance.. I haven't measured now, but it is definitely tucked up and in.

To make him even happier I spent about four hours today wrapping up the piping all the way to the T.B. In the end I had several cut off pieces left over from the original set up on the '96 Cobra it came off of. No pipe purchased = WINNING.

I'll be mounting the battery on the drivers side with the Alky pump mounted where the compressor used to be and the compressor will disappear into trunk where I feel it belongs anyhow as these cars only have rear bags.

Still tons to do but at least progress seems to still be moving forward. I can't wait to get these sent out to the welder and returned to start polishing it all up again!

Builder Of Badassery
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

What battery tray are you using with the redtop?
    2004 Black Marauder: #2237 Born on 4/1/2004

Eaton Swapped and a bunch of other goodies!

My god man

4 miles from insanity and 2ft from broke!
    Just an FYI on pump mounting per Alky control : Nozzle MUST be highest point of system.if not siphoning can occur.

Pump is lowest point of system. this way its always gravity fed.

Tank is mid-point of system

Pump mounting: mount pump with its line connections facing down.

This is from the Alky control manual which is quite detailed , I'm in the process of installing my meth kit also , maybe Julio can fax a copy of the manual if your interested in having it.
    04 MERCURY MARAUDER build date:02/11/04
    ITS ALIVE !!!!!!!!

STAY TUNED!!!!!!!!!!

**WHIPPLE 4.0L CRUSHER!**0000 (FOR NOW) RWHP

VISIT MY GARAGE FOR A FULL LIST OF MODS

Quote Originally Posted by MOTOWN View Post
    Just an FYI on pump mounting per Alky control : Nozzle MUST be highest point of system.if not siphoning can occur.

Pump is lowest point of system. this way its always gravity fed.

Tank is mid-point of system

Pump mounting: mount pump with its line connections facing down.

This is from the Alky control manual which is quite detailed , I'm in the process of installing my meth kit also , maybe Julio can fax a copy of the manual if your interested in having it.

Good info! Thanks Roger!

Builder Of Badassery
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Quote Originally Posted by loud2004marquis View Post
    What battery tray are you using with the redtop?

Probably home made like most else LOL

Builder Of Badassery
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Excellent! Julio makes the best progressive kit, period.
    I don't know your meth pumps history, but he HIGHLY suggested I refresh mine after it sat all winter. Said it will not pump to max capacity or consistently without fresh seals etc. Tuning a used pump, then rebuilding it, requires a retune - he said.
    I miss my Procharger blow off whistle...
    sent from my rotary phone using Technicolor

2004 SILVER BIRCH/BLACK PAINT
    DARK CHARCOAL NUDO LEATHER
    #400 of 997 (SOLD)

2004 CV LX SPORT
    ALL BLACK, 6 DISC, TUNED MZT (SOLD)

2004 300A MM BLACK
    1 OWNER CAR, NO OPTIONS
    DAILY DRIVER

2013 DAYTONA R/T
    SUPER TRACK PACK
    DAYTONA BLUE PEARL
    #1763 off ~2100
    NOW WITH A 392 & 3.73 posi!

Changing it up. Again.

Tonight I removed all the brackets off the A/C condenser, tweaked the lines down, and fabbed up new brackets to mount it to the frame and core support an inch forward than stock. Never understood why the factory had not only these two things but the trans/P.S. cooler all bundled into one gigantic cluster ****? This will be soooo much easier to service when I'm done with it.

I actually got the radiator to fit with the bottom kicked out towards the engine a couple inches. Probably still get a new aluminum one though as I don't intend to use the fill tank plus it would look a lot cleaner.

Builder Of Badassery
    SOLD 12/31/2021

this was a nice idea. Had mine blow off during testing too many times to count, until I perma mounted the elbow to tb coupler hose in a similar way.
    Last edited by chief455; 02-02-2015 at 11:32 AM.
    sent from my rotary phone using Technicolor

2004 SILVER BIRCH/BLACK PAINT
    DARK CHARCOAL NUDO LEATHER
    #400 of 997 (SOLD)

2004 CV LX SPORT
    ALL BLACK, 6 DISC, TUNED MZT (SOLD)

2004 300A MM BLACK
    1 OWNER CAR, NO OPTIONS
    DAILY DRIVER

2013 DAYTONA R/T
    SUPER TRACK PACK
    DAYTONA BLUE PEARL
    #1763 off ~2100
    NOW WITH A 392 & 3.73 posi!

agreed his kits are the best, I had two of the pumps fail,he recommends that they be replaced every year, I just dumped the kit and went E85 and never looked back.

Quote Originally Posted by chief455 View Post
    Excellent! Julio makes the best progressive kit, period.
    I don't know your meth pumps history, but he HIGHLY suggested I refresh mine after it sat all winter. Said it will not pump to max capacity or consistently without fresh seals etc. Tuning a used pump, then rebuilding it, requires a retune - he said.
    I miss my Procharger blow off whistle...
    • 82 GT coyote swap started
    • 03 300a Marauder, stroked,cammed,T/S Trilogy Supercharged # 216,Best Et 10.77@129.72 on slicks, 93 pump gas. driven to the track.
    • 2011 GT 500, 3.4 whipple,93 pump gas,10.47@133,Driven to the track.
    • 2003 azura blue Mach 1, cobra motor,2.9 Whipple,crusher inlet,built 4r70w trans,04 IRS rear.full weight street car, Corn Fed

That time of the month?

Working on it has been somewhere between slow and nonexistent between working out of the area and mysteriously loosing my boots the second I return.. Every time.

While mounting the very last screw I nicked one of the condenser tubes in the old road battered stocker.. Good time to see if I can mod a 98-02 one to fit! Yup, it fit and the lines now clear the blower outlet. One less hurdle.

Next up is to gut the upper intake

To accept this purty little gem that came in today.

Think I've decided on this radiator as its only 16" tall and with the available space being a concern plus not wanting to inject hot air directly into the air filter. It has dual 1" oval tubes and 100% customizable for outlets and filler neck delete.

And optional upgrade is this shroud and fan kit. (Sized to the specific one I order)

That's it for now.

Builder Of Badassery
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information