Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kooks vs Stainless Works full exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by Jkmarauder View Post
    Looking for opinions.. I have a N/A marauder and want to put full exhaust system on it with headers my last marauder had cut outs and aero turbines installed. I like the Sw works exhaust system a lot wondering if I should get on road or off road. I live in New York and it is not my daily but I want it to be decently loud and sound mean. Please reply!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Headers and cut-outs make it easy to be loud. Big Joe P didn't have any mufflers on his 4V, just cats and resonators. But loud isnt mean, you have to back it up by really being mean.

The difference in on road and off road is the absence of cats, something I cannot support due to past experience.

Any concern for performance?

What is are aero-turbines? I am not familiar with this technology.

Y'all be safe.

Loud is a relative term, I have full cats and headers and most folks say my car is too loud - which I almost agree with. In reality if you have any emission testing in your state I wouldn't sacrifice a few extra horses for not having cats and possibly messing with your chance to drive a great car. I'm with Mac on this one. Unless you race a car often the difference in 10 - 15hp is so insignificant that it really only matters if you want bragging rights. Any given day, temperature, traction, air density, brains, all affect the performance of the car. 99% of us our NOT tuning the car at the track competing in an NHRA event trying to squeeze the last thousand of a second out of our cars.
    Steven

2004 Marauder Black, loaded
    Vortec S/C
    4.10s
    3500 PI Stall
    Kook's headers
    476.9 rwhp 385 lbs/tq
    KVR's, QA1's, M&Z control arms, rear sway bar
    Lidio tune
    2004 Suburban Dark Charcoal
    1970 W-30 442 convertible twilight Blue

I have SW heads, cats and stock sized exhaust. It had some crappy mufflers that got me a $195 defective equipment ticket.
    I chose to quiet the car down with new mufflers. Street, not race, but sounds very good to anyone that comments.
    sent from my rotary phone using Technicolor

2004 SILVER BIRCH/BLACK PAINT
    DARK CHARCOAL NUDO LEATHER
    #400 of 997 (SOLD)

2004 CV LX SPORT
    ALL BLACK, 6 DISC, TUNED MZT (SOLD)

2004 300A MM BLACK
    1 OWNER CAR, NO OPTIONS
    DAILY DRIVER

2013 DAYTONA R/T
    SUPER TRACK PACK
    DAYTONA BLUE PEARL
    #1763 off ~2100
    NOW WITH A 392 & 3.73 posi!

Quote Originally Posted by stevengerard View Post
    Loud is a relative term, I have full cats and headers and most folks say my car is too loud - which I almost agree with. In reality if you have any emission testing in your state I wouldn't sacrifice a few extra horses for not having cats and possibly messing with your chance to drive a great car. I'm with Mac on this one. Unless you race a car often the difference in 10 - 15hp is so insignificant that it really only matters if you want bragging rights. Any given day, temperature, traction, air density, brains, all affect the performance of the car. 99% of us our NOT tuning the car at the track competing in an NHRA event trying to squeeze the last thousand of a second out of our cars.
    Sounds like stock headers and exhaust are the way to go. The hard requirement for the project has always been Must Pass CA Smog. I can always change behind the cats to change the sound up, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by SergntMac View Post
    Headers and cut-outs make it easy to be loud. Big Joe P didn't have any mufflers on his 4V, just cats and resonators. But loud isnt mean, you have to back it up by really being mean.

The difference in on road and off road is the absence of cats, something I cannot support due to past experience.

Any concern for performance?

What is are aero-turbines? I am not familiar with this technology.

Y'all be safe.
    http://www.aeroexhaust.com/

Quote Originally Posted by martyo View Post
    Thanks guys!

I tried to help but he said he had a local dealer he wanted to use, So (as they say on Shark Tank) for that reason I am out.
    I appreciate the offer. For the almost same price, I have options within a short drive. This makes returns and service easier.

Quote Originally Posted by RubberCtyRauder View Post
    SW does not visit the site everyday or week . Not sure about your email

I emailed (twice) SW via their site and here. No response to either. Summary impression is, none of the products have CA smog certificates.

The Vortech blower has CA smog certificate stamped on it. But nothing for exhaust. Damn.

CARB cost pretty big bucks I hear ,so limited production models prolly wont get it. One of the reasons Trilogy didn't pursue it. Vortech is in Cali so they gotta play their way
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

CARB cost pretty big bucks I hear ,so limited production models prolly wont get it. One of the reasons Trilogy didn't pursue it. Vortech is in Cali so they gotta play their way
    How much for your motor? What a dream you have.

I bought it this way..I only added 31 spine axles, new tires, powder coated cam covers,Borla mufflers, grille, tint, gauges and a freshened tune to a SCT device rather than chip (old school) I got a good deal on it, some would say stole it..last April, before that I had a a Maraduer and put a vortech on it (non intercooled) but it had no other performance upgrades..I sold it last June. for $400 more than I paid for my present one.
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

I bought it this way..I only added 31 spine axles, new tires, powder coated cam covers,Borla mufflers, grille, tint, gauges and a freshened tune to a SCT device rather than chip (old school) I got a good deal on it, some would say stole it..last April, before that I had a a Maraduer and put a vortech on it (non intercooled) but it had no other performance upgrades..I sold it last June. for $400 more than I paid for my present one.
    And you know I hate you for all this....
    sent from my rotary phone using Technicolor

2004 SILVER BIRCH/BLACK PAINT
    DARK CHARCOAL NUDO LEATHER
    #400 of 997 (SOLD)

2004 CV LX SPORT
    ALL BLACK, 6 DISC, TUNED MZT (SOLD)

2004 300A MM BLACK
    1 OWNER CAR, NO OPTIONS
    DAILY DRIVER

2013 DAYTONA R/T
    SUPER TRACK PACK
    DAYTONA BLUE PEARL