Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: questions on mustang shelby gt

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    A Shelby GT is quite possibly the biggest joke ever to leave the production line in American carmaker history.
    The quality of the 'modifications' is shameful and the performance is laughable.

I would be embarrassed to own one
    I agree. Unless I am willing to put out for a GT500, a regular Mustang GT is what I would buy. That is up to you though. YEARS AGO, you could buy a Saleen Foxbody Mustang, but all you got was a few exterior, interior and suspension upgrades. All in all, it didn't amount to much. But, now, 20+ years later, there is a bit of a market bump due to it being a Saleen. So, unless you plan on holding it for awhile, there isn't alot of value there IMHO.

"RescuRauder", Born on 09/02/2003 & rescued on 04/05/2013. #236 of 3214 and #62 of 1237 in Black. CAI, Some kind of tune, Kooks Headers, X-pipe w/Hi-Flow cats, Magnaflow mufflers, Resonators removed, 4.10's, Metco U&L CA and Watts link, Drilled & slotted rotors, now BOOSTED!! Eaton Swapped 12/29/19!!
    Sold! 1986 Mustang GT Vert, Black, 5spd, new short block, Powerheads, Crower 15511, gears, exhaust etc.

1968 Ford (Galaxie) XL fastback, 390, factory buckets & auto on floor
    2011 Shelby GT500, Kona Blue with SVT Performance Pkg & Navigation, VMP tuned ~550rwhp/550rwtq. Finally Blown!

Quote Originally Posted by SergntMac View Post
    Howdy, Gents. Hope y'all are well.

FYI on this Shelby GT, 2007 MY, white with auto tranny.

Records reflect this GT is one of 2260 Shelby GTs built and sold in 2007. No data on how many with auto tranny or Tremec 3650 5spd. Manual. If it is genuine, you should see a dash plaque and under hood VIN tag with the serial number reading 07SGTXXXX. Only a Shelby GT gets a Shelby VIN, the GT500, also premiering in 2007, does not. That "Shelby" is built by Auto Aliance in Flat Rock, MI.

The Shelby GT came to be, because the 2006-2007 GT-Hertz was not for sale to the public, rather it was contracted between Hertz and Shelby as a 40th. Anniversary edition for rental only. You could rent one, but not own one. Thus, the 2007-2008 Shebly was born, identical construction to the Hertz, but with 5 speed/auto option, and silver stripes.

This GT is a pre-title manufacture, meaning it was built by Shelby (SAI), in Vegas, then released to the public. You could order one from any Ford dealer, who was also a Ford Racing distributor. All 2007 builds were identical, choice of white or black, 5spd or auto. Blue, orange and 'verts were added to pre-title builds in 2008. Total builds for 2007 are recorded as 5632, with the balance of 3372 built in black. I am proud to own two of them. Total builds for the 1st generation 2007-2008 Shelby GTs is recorded as 8132. This is a rare automobile.

IMHO, this is a choice selection if one likes to own a special automobile with an impressive history. Truth be known, if you can get this car for 18K, do it. They can be worth much more to an interested collector. I cannot establish a market value for THIS car, but read this VERY CAREFULLY. Present value for a pre-title SGT is closer to 30K, than it is to 20K.

I have read Zack's comments about this car, and while I respect the man's viewpoint, I cannot agree with him, and I will not banter with him, our history is long and deep. However, I am entitled to my opinion too, and mine is based on actual performance in the market, not a emotional wisecrack.

I studied the racing market, and I invite y'all to do likewise. The 2007-2008 Shelby GT has earned its stripes. Commentary on its performance is well documented, I counted over 50 magazine articles before I gave up. Do your own googling/wiki search, any combination search string you care to imagine, but, magazine articles can be bought, or bartered for. Records cannot.

The SCCA alone, recorded first place wins in National and World racing events in 2007-2008. How many? Ummm...All of them? Well, it was easier to count the places and shows, and there are only 3. Only 3 titles not brought home by the 1st generation SGT. That means, roughly, 15-16 title wins. No wonder the magazines went wild.

Last note...Anyone could have bought their own Mustang GT, and sent it to SAI for conversion. They paid the same for the conversation, but could have struck a better deal on the base automobile. They got everything the pre-title SGTs, but the base car was their choice, thus, Shelby could not underwrite performance. Such a car could have more bells and whistles Shelby did not include, so beware of some options, and always beware of copies and "tribute" builds. These cars would be thought of as a 2nd generation, and not holding any collector value above that of the 1st generation. All Shelby VINs can be traced by SAI, and there is a World-wide registry against fraud. Any doubt can be addressed, give them a call.

Hope this helps y'all.

Take care Zack.

Be safe.
    Good to see you back Mac.

03 Marauder 300A, 6 CD Changer, tint, SS Inserts, McGard wheel locks, Full Stainless Works 3 inch exaust and long tube headers, DynoTech MMX driveshaft, Spoiler, Full godshead treatment, Mack & Marty fender badges, Mac & Zack Control arms, KB dead pedal, Adco rear sway bar, 4.10's, FIT/ProCharger Racing Team Member #019(Mine)
    04 DTR Cd Changer, moon roof, heated seats, trunk organizor, McGard wheel locks,
    SS Inserts, Spoiler, tint, godshead stearing wheel badge, Badgless Grill & trunk, Densos & 180 t-stat, Megs Resonator Delete Tips, Flowmaster 40's, Mac & Zack Control arms, KB dead pedal, Adco rear sway bar, Superchips 9100 SCT tuner, JTL CAI, and 4.10's. (hers)
    67 Galaxie 500
    96 F250 EXT Cab 4X4 Pwerstroke
    2013 Lowe SS210
    98 Mustang convertible
    2005 Sportcoach Cross Country 376DS

More wanted...

Quote Originally Posted by svtrichie View Post
    I picked it up today. Could not pass it up

Awesome!

After all above and below... I want more! I want to see more photos AND I want more of your thoughts and perception after buying and driving it.

How much did you snag it for???

2003 300A Black, #4918 of 7838, 17,400 Miles
    Tune, KYB's, JLT, FlowMaster 42441, Res Delete, New BFG's, 8 coats of zymoil Titanium

2003 300B Silver Birch, #21 of 419, 29,800 miles
    Tune, JLT, FlowMaster 42441 Res Delete, New Nitto 235/255 Bigcarsforever dead peddle & custom SRP peddles, 5 coats Zymoil Titanium, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYBs, 1/2 inch coil cut, Sparta Watts link and Control Arms, Carfixer alignment.

2003 CV Sport Matador Red, 19,280 Miles, DD, Curless Full Service Royal flush, Marto Tune, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires, NEW OEM Sport Springs -1 coil & Monroe Severe Duty (front) shocks, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYB rear Shocks, Carfixer Alignment.

2004 CV HPP Silver Birch, 93,000 miles. Son's DD, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires (thank you Lowndex!)

. Have only put about 100 miles on it, very tight all around nice driver. Not too fast but quick enough, exhaust sounds good when you get on it but quiet at cruising speeds. I didn't think I would like the auto but shifts pretty firm. Pretty clean car, wanting to repaint the front bumper and maybe restripe it since there are a couple or small scratches. But I am pretty picky. Probably keep it for a year or so and upgrade to gt500 or new 5.0 car. Who knows, everything is for sale so it could be gone on a week!!
    94 Supercharged Miata
    92 5.0 Vert
    92 5.0 vert summer edition
    93 5.0 vert yellow feature car
    05 GT vert
    81 Fairmont, Vortech, 302, T-56
    03 Rubi

Quote Originally Posted by svtrichie View Post
    . Have only put about 100 miles on it, very tight all around nice driver. Not too fast but quick enough, exhaust sounds good when you get on it but quiet at cruising speeds. I didn't think I would like the auto but shifts pretty firm. Pretty clean car, wanting to repaint the front bumper and maybe restripe it since there are a couple or small scratches. But I am pretty picky. Probably keep it for a year or so and upgrade to gt500 or new 5.0 car. Who knows, everything is for sale so it could be gone on a week!!
    feedback on the svt site is the cars respond very well to handheld tunes, especially the trans shifting. Enjoy!
    sent from my rotary phone using Technicolor

2004 SILVER BIRCH/BLACK PAINT
    DARK CHARCOAL NUDO LEATHER
    #400 of 997 (SOLD)

2004 CV LX SPORT
    ALL BLACK, 6 DISC, TUNED MZT (SOLD)

2004 300A MM BLACK
    1 OWNER CAR, NO OPTIONS
    DAILY DRIVER

2013 DAYTONA R/T
    SUPER TRACK PACK
    DAYTONA BLUE PEARL
    #1763 off ~2100
    NOW WITH A 392 & 3.73 posi!

The Shelby stripes are only available from Shelby. You will need to document car ownership before they will sell them to you. To keep the authenticity and value of the car, don't put any other stripes on it. They are not cheap but they're the real deal.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information