Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4R70W Buzzing + Hot After Re-Installing Accumulator Springs

I will try it, but I didn't have any trouble with the many other filters I put on there out of this batch. I will also put in my junkyard spare pressure sender from the oil cooler version. I had re-used sender that was in my car, in the replacement oil filter adapter.

Also, more troubling is the 230' transmission fluid temperature when I was in Chicago a few weeks ago. Apparently un-related, but it still happened.

A few too many coincidences between the buzzing and the accumulator spring re-installation, and then the fluid temperature issue as well.

PS, I also use these Prime Guard oil filters on a 2005 Mercury Montego with 3.0 Duratec. No strange buzzing noises with that car. I have used many filters and much of the batch of filters is depleted.

Since you don't seem to have a problem tearing things apart have you just tried taking the springs back out to see if the buzz stops?

No I did not, but at this point, I have found it to be engine related and not transmission related.

I do have some Motorcraft filters on order, but for the time being I swapped in another Prime Guard filter. I haven't had any buzzing in two days.

Strange how two back-to-back filters produced the same issue.

Regardless, the transmission shifts perfectly. Very well balanced and comfortable, yet quick and precise.

As for the heat that it experienced on that one evening, I may look into an auxiliary cooler, but this car already has an original auxiliary cooler with the thermostat, in front of the radiator.

Prime Guard is a "jobber" filter used by quick-lube places. For a lousy $3.97 at Wally World, there's no reason not to use the factory-recommended Motorcraft filter. It has a silicone ADBV and a thread-end bypass valve, which is the configuration preferred by Ford.
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

Here is how the car shifts with the 2004 valve body, Sonnax main valve, Superior SuperTuff separator plate, and re-built NTC 11.25" torque converter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btod...iibAfF3QAdzSbg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information