Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lincoln MK S

Lincoln MK S

Just wondering if anyone has an opinion of these new cars? Are they based on the 500 (er, I mean "Taurus") platform? On the Lincoln site there is no mention of the Towncar anymore. I really like the MK-S (I sat in it, front and back and it actually has head room, even with the sun roof - amazing), the engine, fit, finish, even the look, but it sure doesn't have the room of a TownCar "L".
    Thoughts? Comments? I didn't know the Towncar was finished to start with. This surely means the demise of all Ford RWD full size cars. What will the cops do?

It is a completely new platform...No 500/Taurus refresh...and yes the Towncar is done. We have a couple on the lot and they do get alot of attention. the interior is like a living room sofa... Love that S$%T!!! So far...good reviews, and recieved very well by the public.

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has an opinion of these new cars? Are they based on the 500 (er, I mean "Taurus") platform? On the Lincoln site there is no mention of the Towncar anymore. I really like the MK-S (I sat in it, front and back and it actually has head room, even with the sun roof - amazing), the engine, fit, finish, even the look, but it sure doesn't have the room of a TownCar "L".
    Thoughts? Comments? I didn't know the Towncar was finished to start with. This surely means the demise of all Ford RWD full size cars. What will the cops do?
    Nice car. Can be well optioned. I think it will do well.
    The MKS is based off the D3 platform as is the Taurus, Sable and Tarus X. It's built right along side the Taurus, Sable and Tarus X. Ford made sure that the MKS had enough body panels that were different so it didn't look like a badge engineered Ford/Mercury.

As for the it Town Car isn't dead, yet. It has to be ordered through the dealer. It was moved to ST. thomas Assembly when Wixom was closed down. Will continue with the rest of the Panthers till at least 2010.
    '04 MARAUDER
    Born on 4/20/04 -- Foster Care on 5/11/04 -- Adopted on 01/27/05
    Heated Seats 6 Disc CD Changer Moonroof
    JLT CAI--Silverstars Heads/Fogs--SCT-9100
    SB IX - SB X - SB XIII - SB XIV - SB XL - SB XLIII
    Trilogy S/C In Due Time

Actually, it is off the same platform (CD if I recall) that the Taurus is on. It actually came from the Volvo S80/XC90 originally. Sit in a Taurus and you'll find the same roominess, just not the upscale quality as on the Lincoln. Softest leather you'll find, great dynamics for a Lincoln and surefootedness with the all-wheel drive. One of the quietest cars I've been in. Town Car is still around although only in livery edition (i.e. fleet purchase, limo, rentals, etc) and the Crown Vic is still around for our boys (and girls) in blue, again only for fleet (in Canada here anyway). Same for the Grand Marquis (fleet only).

Thanks for all of the info. Very informative. I've built about 3 of them on the website now. Crawled all over it at the dealership. Even though I shouldn't I think I'll take one for a drive. Hoever: Someone with an MM should NOT be thinking seriously about another car. However, in two years when they've depriciated but still have warranty...

it uses one of the volvo platforms, when i test drove one at work, it wasnt anything special to me, just another mk z was more like it, but im sure when they release the AWD and different engine in it, it will be sick

The 2009 TC & 2009 GMQ LS are not dead yet.
    The MKS is a very nice ride, the slap stick is a blast too!
    That car with TT v-6 ECO boost ?
    Hot Rod Lincoln he he
    2004 Trilogy #93P 12.2@113 Built and stalled

Put the CVT or Manual gearbox on it. Autos with a "Jeez look at me - I can drive a standard" stick are a waste of time, space and money. The dumbest thing ever invented.

Its a shame its a puller and not a pusher!! Thats the only reason I would not buy that car no matter how much it depreciates!
    SILVER 04 BLACK INTERIOR
    JLT TRU COLD AIR
    FLOWMASTER 40SERIES
    MOONROOF
    HEATED SEATS
    6 DISC CHANGER
    4.10 rear
    Ford racing Cobra trac-loc
    Lidio tune
    31 spline axles

It won't have Eco-boost until late '09. I did test drive a new one and they are quite nice, a bit on the high side though $ wise.
    '03 A #1801 - Tuned By Outlaw Dyno
    445rwhp/408rwtq - 12.6/110mph
    DR Vortech NOIC #5
    Sold
    '88 Mustang LX - Built 306ci, built AOD, built 8.8"
    '11 F250 Powerstroke - 476hp/1208tq

When you compare the MKS to its' competition, it is actually less $ (at least here in Canada). Lexus ES330, Acura RL, C-Class (although size is E-Class). I do agree that while most sport-sedans are RWD, some of the premium brands are still FWD or have the option of AWD (Acura, Lexus). Remember, MKS is a LUXURY Sedan first and foremost, not a SPORT Sedan. Take it this way and the MKS is a VERY FINE automobile. Add the AWD option and it is an ALL-WEATHER LUXURY Sedan - especially important for those people living in the snow-belt areas (and pretty well most of civilized Canada for that matter!)

We saw/examined an MKS in black at our dealer's when we turned the Aviator in for the Navigator. In my opinion the MKS, especially in Black, is drop dead gorgeous. It's roomy comfortable and nicely appointed. I think it's gonna be a hit.

We gave it =

Yeah, I really did like it. Q'est que c'est "EcoBoost"?

Its based on the same car as my 05 Montego and I have to say my car has been pretty good so far. I think the Lincoln does away with the glass in the C pillar which I think is an improvement. Actually coming out with a v6 luxury car is pretty smart right now considering the price of gas, Lincoln may accidently have a hit.
    2005 Dodge 1500 Hemi Quadcab
    2020 Chevrolet Tahoe LS

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Yeah, I really did like it. Q'est que c'est "EcoBoost"?
    EcoBoost is the formal name for Ford's new family of highly-efficient engines. The first will be the 3.7 Ecoboost for the Lincoln MKS, a twin-turbo with an estimated 340hp. It will then go to the Flex. Different engine sizes are in the works to go eventually in almost every Ford vehicle, including a different 6-cyl. for the new F-series in '10 or '11. Rumour has the Mustang getting it in place of the 4L, which should propel the V8 into the high 300/low400hp range to provide a power gap. I haven't yet, but I'm sure if you google'd EcoBoost you'd find a ton more info than what can go here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information