Page 1 of 9 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Non Intercooled Supercharger Kit

Non Intercooled Supercharger Kit

Would any members be interested in a kit that would add 100 RWHP for 3499.99. This would use a Procharger Blower but would not use an Intercooler.It will still whine!

It would be a low boost low RWHP kit. It could be upgraded down the road.

I am just thinking out loud at the present moment.

Let me know you thoughts.

Home of the FIT/Procharger Racing Team
    There Ain't no Kool Aid or Stooges here!

Sounds like a great start on building power, Greg, I presume an intercooler can be added at a later time?

What comes with the kit?

Greg and I were kicking around a low-boost ProCharger application before I went whole hog on the intercooled version when he came out with his opening day special. I'm glad I did, but this is a great way for someone to start with and grow into one heck of a fast car.
    Currently Marauderless but looking

Blog Entries
    Sounds like a great way for those a little short on cash to get a nice start. They can always add on as time goes by.

Quote Originally Posted by maraudernkc
    ... ...
    Let me know you thoughts.
    Greg,

IMO, a really great idea for an entry kit. As the 2-3 years Marauders will start to change hands, the seconds hands buyers might want, from a limited budget, to win the bang for the buck contest.

Also, they could upgrade later on, as $$$ permit, with an intercooler or go like some Lidio's customer, from Alternative, by using a methanol injection kit to do the cooling task.

Edit: The Procharger kit could be made very "modular" in nature, in par with the engine philosophy !

hitchhiker Guest
    IMHO, I can't see spending $1,500 less than the Trilogy kit and still wanting the Trilogy kit. There simply is no substitute.

Regards,

Dave

I would definately be interested in such a kit, especially if it was upgradeable. Keep us posted.
    Constitution State Marauders

2003 Mercury Marauder 300A

K&N Aircharger CAI
    SCT Xcalibrator w/ Lidio tune courtesy of Innovative Interceptors
    Accufab twin 60mm throttle body
    FR 500 heads w/ Stage 2 cams
    Kooks full length headers
    Random Technology high flow cats
    custom welded 2.5 in. exhaust w/ Flowmaster Super 40's
    Drilled and slotted rotors from iRotors
    God's head locking valve caps
    god's head and S55 badges
    20% tint all around
    coming soon: S55 painted tail lights, and eventually, a Trilogy!

Quote Originally Posted by hitchhiker
    IMHO, I can't see spending $1,500 less than the Trilogy kit and still wanting the Trilogy kit. There simply is no substitute.

Regards,

Dave

Zzzzzing! Nice one.

Greg, you are risking your business by offering a non-intercooled kit.
    Do what you want, but stick to what works best.

True, But thinking out loud...What does a top notch Snow Performance Methanol injection system run???

I would run an intercooler AND a Snow Performance kit, but if you HAD to have a S/C kit cheap...this would be a viable option until the funds were available for an intercooler...
    2020 Ford Ranger STX DFI Turbo 2.3L 10 speed Auto
    2017 Ford Fusion Sport DFI Twin Turbo 2.7L V6 6 speed Auto (14.000 ET bone stock in 82 degree heat)
    1985 Mustang GT 5.0 Hatchback 4bbl 5 speed manual (525 HP 363 Dart block/AFR heads with Magnum 6 speed in the works)
    1984 Mustang GT 2.3 Turbo Convertible FI. 5 speed manual
    1966 427 Cobra (ERA) 468 all Aluminum FE 2x4bbl 5 speed manual

SOLD : 2003 Mercury Marauder FI. 4 speed Auto
    w/Crower Cams & Springs, +1mm SS valves, mild port job on the cylinder heads.
    Extrude honed intake w/PHP spacer.
    Kooks Headers w/2.5" High Flow Cats & X-Pipe, Magnaflow mufflers, OEM tailpipes w/Megs Tips
    B&M Trans cooler w/fan, Level 10 Shift Kit, Art Carr Hughes Deep Sump Trans Pan,
    SVO Rearend Girdle, Redline Gear lube; OEM 3.55s
    'Real Gauges' + matching Trans Temp, Oil Temp, Water Temp, Fuel Pressure, Vacuum/Boost Gauge
    Built: 10/15/02 Bought: 12/16/02 Sold: 10/15/18

MI2QWK4U Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Walsh
    True, But thinking out loud...What does a top notch Snow Performance Methanol injection system run???

I would run an intercooler AND a Snow Performance kit, but if you HAD to have a S/C kit cheap...this would be a viable option until the funds were available for an intercooler...

Thats actually not a bad idea. However when I priced out a methanol kit I was looking at about $1200-$1300. That would include the Kit, Installation, and most importantly the tuning to go with it. The tuning is most important since you are dependant on the methanol to avoid detonation. Not worth it in my opinion.

I say DO IT! I can't tell you how many times I kicked it at a light and when it was all done I only went about 5psi positive. Sure I had more headroom, but it was over by then.

At 5psi, the intercooler isn't really needed to be safe either. For every supercharged marauder there are at lease 20 vortec powered 5.0 mustangs running no more than 5psi and they don't have intercoolers either.

The cool thing is that you can upgrade to more boost and an intercooler at a later date.

Good thing I got $4K for my used kit before you offered this! <grin!>

Now if you could just get us a GB on those Shiny Hineys for my differential install next week.

Cheers!

John

You would definately have run lower boost without an intercooler. I imagine you could probably run a 4.0" pulley, maxing out at 5 psi or so, without an intercooler to keep the inlet air temperature within reason at full boost.

Looking at some charts on the web, that's about 75 degrees F above ambient outside air temperature at full boost (compression heat + supercharger heat + engine compartment soak heat). According to the ProCharger site they don't recommend exceeding 5 psi of boost for non-intercooled centrifugal blower on a 10:1 compression engine anyway.

http://www.procharger.com/intercooled.shtml

Still, 5 psi would be a nice kick in the pants. The tune would just have to be set up to pull more timing out as the inlet air temperature started to get up there on hotter days, but this might be a budget option in milder climates. I'm sure the intercooler upgrade would soon follow though. Boost is just too addicting.

Dave, this kit would be $2500.00 cheaper than a Trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by hitchhiker

Regards,

Dave

That will be comming very soon!

Quote Originally Posted by TooManyFords
    I say DO IT! I can't tell you how many times I kicked it at a light and when it was all done I only went about 5psi positive. Sure I had more headroom, but it was over by then.

At 5psi, the intercooler isn't really needed to be safe either. For every supercharged marauder there are at lease 20 vortec powered 5.0 mustangs running no more than 5psi and they don't have intercoolers either.

The cool thing is that you can upgrade to more boost and an intercooler at a later date.

Good thing I got $4K for my used kit before you offered this! <grin!>

Now if you could just get us a GB on those Shiny Hineys for my differential install next week.

Cheers!

John

Page 1 of 9 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information