Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brake Up Grade

Brake Up Grade

Will I thought I would start a new thread. Here is a picture of both front and rear brake upgrades. The cost was right at $818.90 but remember that is for the front and rear.

Starting with the Zack front brake items,
    Brackets by Jerry $155.00
    Lines by Todd TCE $166.00 front and rear
    Calipers from Rock Auto $210.00
    Pads local parts house $93.00
    Rotors E-bay Brake Motive front and rear $129.59 front and $65.31 rear.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    03MM 300A Build date 06/03/02 Production #446Tilogy S/C Kit#4 387RWHP 364RWTQ, Addco front and rear sway bars,Factory Spoiler,Auto,Auto Meter Gauges ,Boost,Air/Fuel,Trans. Temp. Oil and Volt. All are real working gauges now.Badgeless Grill,J Mod
    Metco D/S Loop,Boxed Lower Rear Control Arms
    New Made Upper Rear Control Arms
    Boxed Watts Link,Ford Finned Rear End Cover
    Colex Caps: Oil,Water,Enter Cooler,Power Steering,Master Cylinder and Windshield Washer
    Daniels Coil Covers and Buttons,Nitto 255/45 front
    Widen Rear Wheels with 295/45 Nitto's,Zack's Big Brakes, Rear Drilled a slotted rotors,TCE Braided brake lines,Pro Guard Skid Plate,Summit trans pan, New Exhaust.K&N Cold Air Intake,JLT Catch Can,fastblackmerc door seal plates, pedal covers and Mustang dead pedal.

Bob
    Is that how your calipers came? Or did you have to grind off the corvette logo?
    2003 MM 300A
    #734 of 7,093 BLK
    Build date: 6/6/2002
    Adopted: 10/27/2014

K&N CIA, J-Mod, 4.10s 31 spline, Lowered
    Mo's tune & Stainless Works Headers Flomaster 40's

They come blank from rockauto
    2003 Black/Light Flint MM, PROCHARGER D1SC#30, 4.10 GEARS, REAR COOLING MOD, ZACK BIG BRAKE KIT, 3500 STALL, WIDENED REAR WHEELS.

1993 MUSTANG LX HATCH, 347 STROKER, 3.73 GEARS, TUBULAR K MEMBER, TKO 3550 TRANNY, AEROSPACE DUAL PISTON BREAKS.

I got one that said Corvette and one that did not. I had to grind off and clean it up. I got mine from Rock Auto so do not think they will come blank. I called and talk to them it is how they pull them off the shelf. Even when I ordered the ones with out corvette on them.
    03MM 300A Build date 06/03/02 Production #446Tilogy S/C Kit#4 387RWHP 364RWTQ, Addco front and rear sway bars,Factory Spoiler,Auto,Auto Meter Gauges ,Boost,Air/Fuel,Trans. Temp. Oil and Volt. All are real working gauges now.Badgeless Grill,J Mod
    Colex Caps: Oil,Water,Enter Cooler,Power Steering,Master Cylinder and Windshield Washer
    Widen Rear Wheels with 295/45 Nitto's,Zack's Big Brakes, Rear Drilled a slotted rotors,TCE Braided brake lines,Pro Guard Skid Plate,Summit trans pan, New Exhaust.K&N Cold Air Intake,JLT Catch Can,fastblackmerc door seal plates, pedal covers and Mustang dead pedal.

Interesting. Must be luck of the draw because both of mine came blank.
    -Mike

"A common mistake people make when designing something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Unknown

'03 Black Canadian 300A -Born 11/14/02, Adopted 04/05/05
    #6018 of 11,052

Trilogy #196 - Self-installed
    Stuff done to it. See here.

Front Brakes done

All I can say is "WOW". Great up grade. Zack,Jerry and Todd great job. Every part fit like advertised. No trouble installing it. Stops so much better and a very firm pedal.

Now to drink some beer. And no I am not driving.

Good job, are those chalk marks i see on the frame? Your coils, shocks arms are very clean. How many miles?
    2021 F150 XLT Super Crew short bed - no chrome! - 3.5 Ecoboost 400hp/500tq - 36 Gal tank (600 miles) - 4x4 FX4 Offroad + Max Tow - 3.55 Locker - 10 Speed - Pro Power 2kva - 24mpg @ 80 Ford is still the best.
    03 300A - Number 1727
    - Super Touring - 10k in the best upgrades - 13.8@99 N/A - SOLD
    - STAP was so much fun, loved meeting you all and racing.

Thanks,Yes and it has 21,223 miles. It stays in the shop and I am starting to drive it a little more.
    Now to due the rear.

Rear brakes

Will I am done with the brakes all away around. Just got the rear's done. Sure am glade I did all the brakes. New drilled and slotted rear with Braided lines. Pedal is hard as a rock now.

How does the braking performance compare to stock?
    2003 p71, 4.6L iron block, custom Manley Pistons, Manley i beam rods, forged crankshaft, revised 04 cobra 4v heads, VMP TVS Supercharger, t56 magnum, return style fuel system, blah blah blah.

Like night and day. Have not had a change to stand on them yet. To much rain but have drove it some and it stops so much better. No soft pedal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Mathis View Post
    Like night and day. Have not had a change to stand on them yet. To much rain but have drove it some and it stops so much better. No soft pedal.
    Much of the soft pedal went away when you installed the SS lines. Upgrade #1
    I can't wait to install my Zack brakes too!
    sent from my rotary phone using Technicolor

2004 SILVER BIRCH/BLACK PAINT
    DARK CHARCOAL NUDO LEATHER
    #400 of 997 (SOLD)

2004 CV LX SPORT
    ALL BLACK, 6 DISC, TUNED MZT (SOLD)

2004 300A MM BLACK
    1 OWNER CAR, NO OPTIONS
    DAILY DRIVER

2013 DAYTONA R/T
    SUPER TRACK PACK
    DAYTONA BLUE PEARL
    #1763 off ~2100
    NOW WITH A 392 & 3.73 posi!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Mathis View Post
    Will I thought I would start a new thread. Here is a picture of both front and rear brake upgrades. The cost was right at $818.90 but remember that is for the front and rear.

Starting with the Zack front brake items,
    Brackets by Jerry $155.00
    Lines by Todd TCE $166.00 front and rear
    Calipers from Rock Auto $210.00
    Pads local parts house $93.00
    Rotors E-bay Brake Motive front and rear $129.59 front and $65.31 rear.
    Those are nice looking rotors can you provide a link for the front that cost $129.59 on eBay?

Brake Motive is the site.

Great pictures thanks for the thread I also got Brake Motive backage but still didn't install it Good luck with it.
    EATON SWAP ONGOING LIST !!!!!!!!!

Eaton M112 Supercharger
    Intercooler
    Lower intake plenum
    Coolant Intake Manifold
    TB Intake Plenum
    Throttle Body
    Cobra air intake tube
    Accelerator cable bracket
    Fuel rails
    39lb. injectors
    Cobra heat exchanger