Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Marauder overheating

Quote Originally Posted by 88LTDCV351 View Post
    Everything is closing right now so I took it to a place that is open on Sunday. I asked them to put another thermostat in there but they said they have to diagnose it first. I'll hear back from them tomorrow.
    Sounds like you may be paying for " $Sunday Labor$" also. Good luck.
    2004 DTR
    Born 9/25/2003 Adopted Aug 11, 2010
    #175 of 980 DTR, #537 of 3,214 2004

Lidio Tune, K&N CAI, 4.10s, FlowMaster40s, SS Braided brake lines, SS Bumper Inserts, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler, Lip Spoiler, Grill & Trunk Badges by Daniel, Audiophile 6L8T18C815FD.

Quote Originally Posted by babbage View Post
    Step 1 - get correct t-stat. Scroll up! I'll bet dollars to donuts that the shop puts in a wrong t-stat yet again. I'm loosing count is this the 3rd or 4th time you brought to shop?
    I looked the t-stat at work, went and grabbed it off the shelf, its not the right one. its looks right and fits right, but does not have a by-pass passage.

someone posted the right part number before, the thermostat needs to have a vent hole in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Badass_forever View Post
    I looked the t-stat at work, went and grabbed it off the shelf, its not the right one. its looks right and fits right, but does not have a by-pass passage.

someone posted the right part number before, the thermostat needs to have a vent hole in it.

When I look at Rock Auto and thier photos for the Mustang Mach 1 and the Marauder, same thermostat part numbers in almost all cases but Mach 1 has more thermostat options listed. Looking at the photos, some have the vent holes and some not.
    2003 Mercury Marauder 300B (Daily Driver)
    1988 LTD Crown Victoria S

Just buy this one and be done with it.

http://www.lethalperformance.com/rei...hermostat.html

I installed mine and it works great!
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post

I like it. I'm going to get me one of these.

Quote Originally Posted by NavySeabee View Post
    They wouldn't install my provided Motorcraft part. They insisted on doing the diagnostic and block test, etc. and they would only use thier own parts. They couldn't find anything wrong with it and couldn't get the car to overheat so they didn't charge me anything.

However, just tonight the car's temp gauge started to go up again on my way back from Walmart. And then it went down as I watched it. These Motorad thermostats are junk. Looks like it doesn't open and close all the time properly. The closer stealership only does oil changes on Saturday so I'll have to figure out how to take it there during the week but I work a far distance away so its hard to drop off and get the car back when they finish.

I think Reische Performance website description might hit on it here: http://www.lethalperformance.com/rei...hermostat.html

"Beware of aftermarket companies who sell the same thermostat for all Ford modular engines. Those units are designed for the 2V SOHC engine and, if installed in the improper housing, will be unable to shut off the bypass- allowing hot coolant to recirculate back into the engine at all times, reducing the efficiency of your cooling system.
    Our thermostats are custom made with the same size diaphragm and bypass control as the OEM units. "

Replacing the thermostat is dead simple...just do it yourself.
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

“When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Have you done any of the things we asked you to do? I cannot believe you are still having this problem. My car is still in storage or I would make you a video on how to trouble shoot all these problems. Maybe I'll head out to the barn tomorrow.

this is your best friend when you have these issues, $20 at your local parts store.

Quote Originally Posted by Badass_forever View Post
    Have you done any of the things we asked you to do? I cannot believe you are still having this problem. My car is still in storage or I would make you a video on how to trouble shoot all these problems. Maybe I'll head out to the barn tomorrow.
    I can't do the work myself since I live in an apartment complex. They frown on any auto work on the property.

My sister stopped letting me do oil changes in front of her house after the cops told me the neighbors didn't like us doing it in public view and the cop was afraid we would just dump the used oil down the sewer. My sister is afraid I'll dirty up her garage also. I did manage to put a new radiator in my 88 Crown Vic before anyone said anything but that was several years ago. Now new houses have sprung up there everywhere so not sure where I could do it without cars and people all around staring and pointing.

I have no experience burping these closed systems but I would try it if I had a garage.

And I've been busy working so I haven't had much time to take the car for repair. I have to leave home early to be in traffic for about an hour and then by the time I get back the shops are all closed. So its difficult to drop off and pick my car up when they are done repairing it. We are also very busy at work right now preparing for our company split (we are becoming two companies so we have to create processes and policies, etc. for both companies in addition to our regular job). And my girlfriend has kept me busy on the weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by NavySeabee View Post
    They pretty much wasted everyone's time because they didn't put a new thermostat in there for me or anything. I just did a bunch of tests and couldn't get the car to overheat. They were actually pretty rude when I tried to explain everything to them (like they know better than me) so I felt weird about leaving it there. Well, at least they were nice about not charging me anything but more of my time was wasted. My girlfriend was not happy about me having to leave her birthday activities to take care of this car and they didn't even do anything to it, at the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post

I ordered one of these. Hopefully it will arrive soon so I'm not too much longer without a car.

Quote Originally Posted by 88LTDCV351 View Post
    I can't do the work myself since I live in an apartment complex. They frown on any auto work on the property.

My sister stopped letting me do oil changes in front of her house after the cops told me the neighbors didn't like us doing it in public view and the cop was afraid we would just dump the used oil down the sewer. My sister is afraid I'll dirty up her garage also. I did manage to put a new radiator in my 88 Crown Vic before anyone said anything but that was several years ago. Now new houses have sprung up there everywhere so not sure where I could do it without cars and people all around staring and pointing.

I have no experience burping these closed systems but I would try it if I had a garage.

And I've been busy working so I haven't had much time to take the car for repair. I have to leave home early to be in traffic for about an hour and then by the time I get back the shops are all closed. So its difficult to drop off and pick my car up when they are done repairing it. We are also very busy at work right now preparing for our company split (we are becoming two companies so we have to create processes and policies, etc. for both companies in addition to our regular job). And my girlfriend has kept me busy on the weekends.
    I just cant believe a garage is not able to fix this. unless you have an under lying problem "i cant seeing that being possible" everything that needs to be done can be done in under an hour.

Dropped the car off at Big O Tires this morning. They are going to put the Motorcraft thermostat in today.

The Lethal Performance T-stat hasn't even shipped yet but I wanted to get my car back on the road so maybe that will be for another time.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information