Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Issues after eaton swap

Issues after eaton swap

Ok just competed my the eaton swap but having some issues. Codes P0113 & P0108 showed up. I'm using the mafia and iat2 cobra sensor. When the maf connector is plugged in the idle is irregular after a min or 2 shuts off. Also wideband reads lean. Then when I unglued the connector on the maf the idle goes up to 1k rpm and everything smoothes out but wide band reads rich(10)
    I'm guess I screwed up the wiring from the mafia-iat. Any suggestions is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    'Just Live'

Wish I could help so all I got is

Send mo's money
    Those were the days.........

DANG THEY'RE CUTE!!!!!!
    Smile and Nod
    I love THIS bar

Quote Originally Posted by silversnake View Post
    Ok just competed my the eaton swap but having some issues. Codes P0113 & P0108 showed up. I'm using the mafia and iat2 cobra sensor. When the maf connector is plugged in the idle is irregular after a min or 2 shuts off. Also wideband reads lean. Then when I unglued the connector on the maf the idle goes up to 1k rpm and everything smoothes out but wide band reads rich(10)
    I'm guess I screwed up the wiring from the mafia-iat. Any suggestions is appreciated.

did you just start it or are you using someone's tune?
    2003 Black - sold, back again, and sold
    2003 DBP/DC - #153 Whipple 3.4 (permanent garage art)
    2003 DBP/LF - # 36 (sold)
    2003 DBP/LF - # 205 (sold)
    2004 Black - Trilogy #43
    2003 Black - shitbox (sold)
    2004 DTR - shitbox #2

The tune is from Marty.

'Just Live'

Call Marty
    He'll hook you up
    Those were the days.........

DANG THEY'RE CUTE!!!!!!
    Smile and Nod
    I love THIS bar

Just take the time to retrace your wiring (ohming both ends is the quickest) and see if all is good.

My car won't idle with Marty's emailed start up tune, but it is far away from an Eaton swap that's been tuned a hundred times over..

I'm sure it's something simple.

Builder Of Badassery
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Quote Originally Posted by lji372 View Post
    Call Marty
    He'll hook you up

Marty's been a great help.

'Just Live'

Ok I think I might know where my wiring went wrong. Looking back at the eaton swap thread mm-cobra maf wiring instructions. I extended my maf to to passenger side and cut both end wires. Im using the mafia and have those end wires going to the iat2 sensor so if the end wires on the marauder maf connector are not there then there is no signal going to the iat2 sensor. DOES THJS MAKE SENSE? Please correct me if I'm wrong

'Just Live'

Vac is at 18 on idle

'Just Live'

Issues after eaton swap

Ok I think I might know where my wiring went wrong. Looking back at the eaton swap thread mm-cobra maf wiring instructions. I extended my maf to to passenger side and cut both end wires. Im using the mafia and have those end wires going to the iat2 sensor so if the end wires on the marauder maf connector are not there then there is no signal going to the iat2 sensor. DOES THJS MAKE SENSE? Please correct me if I'm wrong

I think I understand what your saying. But the outer wires shouldn't matter if it's off the Marauder pigtail or the MAFia as long as they are coming front the PCM to the IAT2 sensor.

So you truly only have four wires extended to the MAFia, then the same four from the MAFia to the MAF, AND the two outers heading to the IAT2 correct? Stop there and simply extend the two outers over and connect them to the MAFia and your good to go.

Builder Of Badassery
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Vac is at 18 on idle

18-21 is common. It won't be an accurate reading until you get your idle dialed in.

Builder Of Badassery
    SOLD 12/31/2021

IAT wires go to pin 3&4 of the cobra IAT sensor P0108 is the map sensor code which will be shut off at the dyno

We spoke last night and I believe he has this squared away now.

There was a wiring issue (causes the codes) and a vacuum leak causing some of the idle issues.

Once he gets this stuff squared away we will be able to dial in the tune but he should be in decent shape with the file we sent him. As Captain Bob points out his car was an F1A away from bing an Eaton swap. LOL

Marty's been a great help.
    Stop flirting with me. That is Bob's job!

Seems to running right now. Combination of bad wiring and vaccum leak

'Just Live'

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information