Thread: Any idea how to fix these two issues? (Rust and Leather Issues) Pics Inside!

Exclamation Any idea how to fix these two issues? (Rust and Leather Issues) Pics Inside!

Hey guys, any idea what I can do about these two issues?

1. Rust (The door/frame are rusted slightly from years of the door being slightly offset - I think the idiots at the port assembled it improperly...but it took my years to figure it out lol) I also have a bit of rust on the roof...no idea how that happened.

2. Leather on the console being damaged from resting my elbow there lol.

Please see the pics below and let me know if you guys have any solutions for these:

Thanks guys!

Sand, bondo, prime and spray paint the rust until you can have it profeesionally done.
    Replace the lid. You have to get the whole assembly. About $150 I think. I suppose you could have a shop cover it, but it won't match perfectly.

Console Lid

I found a Charcoal Vinyl (looks like leather) on E-Bay and my brother in law recovered it for me. It is a Perfect Match! The yard only cost me $10 shipped to my home and now I have a bunch extra if needed.

I also bought a new console which did cost me $150ish if the other way didn't work.

We started putting a heavy fleece towel on top of the console when we are wearing no sleeves. Got the idea from BigDogJims car.

As for the rust on the door, I would guess your lock strike needs adjusting. Looks like the door is closing to much.

thanks for the replies gents,

any idea what the ballpark pricing would be on getting that rust professionally taken care of? (also adjusting the lock-strike).

I'll be calling the local ford dealer on monday, but until then if you guys have any pricing insight I'd appreciate it.

Lastly, any leather recovery places in the South FL area that anyone knows of? Would like to avoid the $150 cover, but I'll buy it if I have to.

Find a good body shop to fix the rust.

Get a piece of matching leather and recover the center console lid yourself. It's not that hard.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

I don't think the console lid is leather. Only the "Seating surfaces" are. The seat backs are vinyl on my 04
    2004 Mercury Marauder 300A Black
    Build date: 9/26/03 552 of 3214 2004's
    105K miles Second Owner. Charcoal interior Heated Seats All stock with Lidio 91/93 Octane tune 14.85@95.63 with 93 tune only. 96 cobra intake cams in the cellar, pondering TR6060 swap.

Pictures

2004 Crown Vic LX 150K Silver Birch with Light flint leather. Auto dim mirror, EATC and steering wheel radio controls. 21mm marauder rear sway bar and wood steering wheel. MM head unit , MM subwoofer coming (really) 04 P-71 80 mm MAF/ airbox 04 p71 zip tube 04 P-71 PCM swap. Heated mirrors with silver birch endcaps coming!!

Pictures

1996 Lincoln Town Car Signature
    Touring Edition 250K 2004 PI 2V swap complete! Sold

Pictures

74 Laguna S-3 Project car Original 400 Small block

Thread Information