Page 1 of 9 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Drilled/Slotted Rotors & Ceramic Pads Installed

Drilled/Slotted Rotors & Ceramic Pads Installed

I knew when I bought the car back in October, that it needed new brakes. The old rotors were badly warped. I looked around and eventually settled on a front and rear setup from eBay seller Brakemotive76. Before I made my decision, I made sure to do research on the stuff they sell all the while thoughts of "don't skimp on brakes, you'll not only endanger your life, but the lives of everyone else on the road" floated around in my brain. I read reviews of the parts on C6 Vette and LS forums, even one site where they are a site vendor. I thought it was too good to be true for $199.48 with free shipping and no sales tax. 90% of the reviews I read were positive and with over 90,000 (yes ninety thousand) positive feedback posts on eBay, I pulled the trigger. I've had them installed for almost two weeks now, and they are incredible. It stops on a dime and gives change back.
    Anyhow, here are some pictures.
    Passenger rear rotor, they all look the same so only one pic before installation

Looks like I'm in for a serious case of heating and beating these puppies to come off. That didn't do the trick so I had to use that trick in the youtube video that requires the 1/2"x3" bolt and 2 nuts. It popped right off

Here's the youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtsTJCRljAs

It almost looks like the old rotor was glued on!

You can see the rust flakes on the ground due to so much work from the 8 lb sledge and the rust breaking from doing the bolt trick.

Pads are on!

Driver side all back together

Got the wheels back on!

Close up of rotor, ignore my horrendously dirty wheels, they've since been cleaned and polished

Thanks for looking! The rear rotors proved to be a little more troublesome. I soaked them in PB Blaster and let it soak overnight. Went out in the morning to check, and a missed swing with the sledge resulted in dislodging a wheel stud. WHOOPS! Sprayed it some more and let it sit while I went to work. Got home 8 hours later and they practically fell off. When it warms up enough to ride the bike to work, I'll be painting the calipers as well. Can't decide between the old standby of red or go with something a little more unique.
    Last edited by License2Bill; 09-03-2013 at 10:44 AM.

Who are they made by?

The pads are PowerStop, the rotors I am unsure of. They are Zinc Plated though.

looking good man. you should have picked up a can of G2 caliper paint while your wheels & rotors were off! good job & thanks for posting!

Sent from my handheld Zack Morris iShoe 4S.
    2003 Trilogy Supercharged Marauder

4 miles from insanity and 2ft from broke!
    Looks good! I love the d/s rotors
    04 MERCURY MARAUDER build date:02/11/04
    ITS ALIVE !!!!!!!!

STAY TUNED!!!!!!!!!!

**WHIPPLE 4.0L CRUSHER!**0000 (FOR NOW) RWHP

VISIT MY GARAGE FOR A FULL LIST OF MODS

Thanks! I would've painted the calipers at this point but didn't plan to have 24 hours to let the car sit while paint dried. I actually had to borrow my brother's car to get to work while I let the rears soak in penetrating spray.

Deffinitely get the calipers painted or powder coated, then they will really look good. I painted mine with POR-15 RED paint then their clear coat over it.

you can paint them in the spring

Sent from my handheld Zack Morris iShoe 4S.
    2003 Trilogy Supercharged Marauder

Thanks everyone! I am planning to paint the calipers in the spring, all the while slowly picking up parts 1 at a time for an Eaton build. I've sourced but have yet to buy the intercooler, coolant crossover piece, inlet elbow, the intake tube and a K&N filter. That leaves me with a couple big ticket items left.

I have the same rotors and I looked as much as you did. I've had them on for 8months now and still doing well. I also added ss lines and hawk pads red cailiper paint at the same time. Now when I go hard on the brakes the front end plows into the ground. Since the wheels wher off I used a wheel polish Buff ball for the inner wheel
    03 300a. black #1695 of 7839 born 6/20/02.
    Adopted 3/31/11. Sold

03 300a black #1199
    TERMINATOR SWAP
    430rwhp. Done by mo's

pics or it didn't happen

Great write-up, and thanks for sharing!

This is an affordable alternative to better stopping power for these land yachts, based upon your review/experience.

Please provide more detail on exactly what you purchased.

Mike.

This is the exact item I ordered. Looks like he bumped his price up a couple bucks. http://www.ebay.com/itm/FRONT-REAR-K...077f9e&vxp=mtr

I don't really know much about them besides what is stated in the auction/Buy it now jamboree. They look awesome, fit perfect, and work better than I could have imagined.

A buddy of mine runs the Power stop rotors on his 88 LX Mustang convertible and has for the past several years. He races 1/4 and auto x and has never had a problem. This was one of the reasons I decided on this package

Quote Originally Posted by slickster View Post
    I have the same rotors and I looked as much as you did. I've had them on for 8months now and still doing well. I also added ss lines and hawk pads red cailiper paint at the same time. Now when I go hard on the brakes the front end plows into the ground. Since the wheels wher off I used a wheel polish Buff ball for the inner wheel
    Quote Originally Posted by License2Bil View Post
    This is the exact item I ordered. Looks like he bumped his price up a couple bucks. http://www.ebay.com/itm/FRONT-REAR-K...077f9e&vxp=mtr

I don't really know much about them besides what is stated in the auction/Buy it now jamboree. They look awesome, fit perfect, and work better than I could have imagined.

A buddy of mine runs the Power stop rotors on his 88 LX Mustang convertible and has for the past several years. He races 1/4 and auto x and has never had a problem. This was one of the reasons I decided on this package
    Man, I am SOOOO wanting to buy these...is the diameter the same as stock rotors? (Didn't see that info in listing)

Slickster, how do they look now compared to the day you put them on? Any rust issues?

GREAT find, License2Bil!!!
    In Memoriam....11-14-13

Rex Weinbender

The best friend a person could have

In Memoriam...05-26-14
    Lillian Kostac

I love you grandma!!!

These are a direct replacement for the stock rotors and pads. No modification needed.

Page 1 of 9 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information