Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Custom Hood

Custom Hood

Quote Originally Posted by tbone View Post

We're both very lucky the hood lasted as long as it did. When you blend mount a fiberglass or plastic anything to a metal anything it is not if but when will this crack. Do you really want to try it again? That's the question..

Builder Of Badassery
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

No, not really. I will not go down that road again. Bolt on universal scoop maybe, that's it.

I've really been thinking of getting this scoop http://www.amazon.com/Rumble-Dimensi.../dp/B00IGFZ0UQand putting it on my car. I've seen pictures of it on an older crown Vic and liked it. I'm going to need to cut a whole if I would like to keep the stock hood because of the height of an eaton on top of a 5.4L. Can be drilled down from what I have read

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If it's cheap and reliable it isn't fast
    If it's cheap and fast it isn't reliable
    If it's fast and reliable it isn't cheap

Quote Originally Posted by whitey View Post
    Ill give you $225, plus free Wendys meals everytime you come to my Wendy's restaurant I work at. The new salads are amazing.
    Deal is off the table...

Seriously though, that sucks that it kept screwing up on you.

twix is the only candy with the cookie crunch.

I think the polyester filler over the fiberglass filler was the dagger in this project. The fiberglass filler was in perfect condition. It doesn't sand well, so that's why I put polyester over it. The polyester was garbage. It bubbled and peeled off like an orange when I sliced it and pulled it back when it was baking at about 175 degrees. Now I know.
    Last edited by tbone; 07-26-2015 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blkZooM View Post
    I've really been thinking of getting this scoop http://www.amazon.com/Rumble-Dimensi.../dp/B00IGFZ0UQand putting it on my car. I've seen pictures of it on an older crown Vic and liked it. I'm going to need to cut a whole if I would like to keep the stock hood because of the height of an eaton on top of a 5.4L. Can be drilled down from what I have read

I had a similar one on my Ram. I liked it a lot.

Me too, I just hope that it raises the ceiling of the hood high enough so I could throw a bigger supercharger under it later on

If it's cheap and reliable it isn't fast
    If it's cheap and fast it isn't reliable
    If it's fast and reliable it isn't cheap

Quote Originally Posted by yjmud View Post
    You will NEVER get a perfect body part shipped to you! !!!!!

I did on the first hood Motown had them make for us. But I've always been lucky at Russian Roulette!

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus

The second hood they sent has damage to the skin from a forklift. You can see the marks on the cardboard box. It would take a lot of man hours and bondo skimming to make it right. I asked them to inspect it for damage before they sent it. The box was never opened.

It is completely unusable. I won't be a dumping ground for this company's damaged goods.

Keep firing off emails! And tell them to send garbage stickers with the next..

Builder Of Badassery
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

I opened a case with ebay. They are not responding to my emails.

I only paid $170 shipped for this hood. My suspicion is that they bought damaged ones and try to pass them along and make $20 or $30 in profit after shipping. Seriously, I can't use either of these. I will order from another vendor once I get a refund and dump these on the curb for the scrappers.

2 hoods sent. 2 piles of garbage on the curb.
    Last edited by tbone; 09-08-2015 at 07:54 AM.

Custom Hood

The thing I don't understand is you said $170 shipped. Since shipping isn't "free" let's assume the hood is really $130. Now take off the profit of at minimum two companies involved, just throwing out numbers here, leaving us at $70-$80??? Arrived in perfect health how long would it even last? One small hail storm? Cheap sealer so rust in two years?

Tom I would wash your hands with this mess and get a refund. You could do soooo much better with a good used OE one, especially off a newer model! I'd take that and pay double any day over something like this.

Might even get lucky and find a black!

Here's a listing right in Elgin with a black listed as perfect. Same price! 🏻

First one on the list.

Builder Of Badassery
    SOLD 12/31/2021

I got the refund.

I have an oem blue hood on the car now that I am considering getting refinished.

Nice find on the black! I may just look into buying that hood! Thanks!

Went and looked at it. Chipped and scratched and dented from hood stacked next to it. A condition? I would give it a D+. Especially for $165. I paid $65 for my blue hood. Thanks anyway Bob. It was worth a look.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread Information