Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bye Bye 4r70w!

Update: resolved the blinky O/D light issue. It can't blink at me without a bulb! Thanks justbob for the advice on that, nice and easy. Now I'm hunting for a good tuning shop in my area.
    2003 Crown Victoria LX Sport - Stormin' Norman
    5 speed manual swap (TKO500), Naake QA1 Coilovers, single adjustable all around, PI grille with paint matched surround,
    "Bullitt style" headlights, Black vinyl wrapped trunk panels, Black vinyl wrapped B pillars

I PRINT STUFF!
    Proud to be a manager at Big T Printing in St. Petersburg FL.
    T-Shirts, Embroidery, Signs & Banners, Promo Products and pretty much everything else...

Found one! A friend of a friend at All American Streetcar Performance will be helping me out with a street tune to get the car behaving again.

On a side note, a friend of mine recently picked up a GoPro (at the same time as he picked up a '15 Mustang GT, but that's a whole other thing) and I should be able to get some video of it driving.
    5 speed manual swap (TKO500), Naake QA1 Coilovers, single adjustable all around, PI grille with paint matched surround,
    "Bullitt style" headlights, Black vinyl wrapped trunk panels, Black vinyl wrapped B pillars

I PRINT STUFF!
    T-Shirts, Embroidery, Signs & Banners, Promo Products and pretty much everything else...

Just got the car back from AASCP and they did a killer job! Car has all of its power back, the fan is behaving, speedo reads right, check engine lights are gone, etc.

Very, VERY pleased with the service I got. If you're looking for a shop in the Tampa Bay area I would highly recommend them!

Shifter boot is being sewn up this week so I can finally close up my console and have it looking like a stock car again!

Still need to address the slight driveshaft vibration, but after that its all just cosmetic goodies!

I PRINT STUFF!

Two words. Driveshaft Shop

There is now two of us (plus you) that had vibrations and they took awesome care of us.

I tried two local shops and one out of state before I finally bit the bullet and ordered a constant velocity style shaft. The vibrations that always led to a bent shaft and one exploding into two at the track in third are now GONE. Smooth sailing well into the triples.

My biggest hurdle was the fact that both the front and back are the same bolt pattern and no more slip yoke. The elevation of my trans was dead on to stock so I never thought it would be an issue. Sure enough every time I hit 80-90 I got a permanent vibration..

Builder Of Badassery
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Jerry found this. Pretty awesome

Interesting!!

So the U-Joints on our shafts are permanently "phased" since the yokes are welded on each end??
    No Marauder

Thanks for the video, ,interesting.
    Excess in Moderation.

Sprinkles are for winners.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information