Thread: Intro from Orlando

Intro from Orlando

Hello,

The name is Franco and I live in Orlando but work in the armpit of America (Midland TX) I have a mainly stock 2003 Marauder that i have owned since 2013. Only mods to date are drilled and slotted brakes and a complete sound system. Repairs have been 2 window regulators, all window switches, axle bearings, and oil filter adapter gasket. upcoming repairs include one more window regulator, AC through defrost issue, upper ball joints.

I just recently ordered underdrive pulleys and looking into pulling the trigger on 4.10's, Stainless works full exhaust, CAI, and tuner in the near future.

I used to have a 2000 police interceptor back in 07-08 and traded that for a Miata. Just remembering how awesome that interceptor was got me thinking about the Marauders when i started looking for a more clean and fun car to daily. list of vehicles owned today are 03 Marauder, 90 Miata, 91 Volvo 780 Bertone, Nissan harbody mudtruck w/350 1ton axles, 86 towncar (dead drift missle project)

Thanks for the add looking forward to gaining more knowledge with the Marauders.
    Attached Images Attached Images

i would skip the underdrives personally as they dont do much. youll need a tune ready to go if you do gears zwap and or SWLongtubes.

Welcome to the site! !!!
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Quote Originally Posted by RubberCtyRauder View Post
    i would skip the underdrives personally as they dont do much. youll need a tune ready to go if you do gears zwap and or SWLongtubes.

Welcome to the site! !!!
    thank you! I was thinking of having everything ready to go so i can install it all at once while i had the car on the lift. I already purchased the pulleys and they came in. Should i just send them back and save the money?

Welcome to the site Franco. Your MM looks sharp, congrats!
    I also had UD pulleys and I did not like them. Performance increase was not noticed. All I saw is that all my accessories slowed down. I was looking to remove them at the time I sold my car.
    I will strongly recommend a tuner. By far, the best "mod" I made when I had my MM. It's like driving a different car.
    Best of luck with your ride!

'03 Marauder - "The Backup" -----> SOLD! Now Marauderless
    Adopted June '09
    K&N FIPK, Magnaflows, SCT Tune, Steeda Underdrive pulley, EMP/Stewart high volume water pump, intake spacer, Autolite XP104's
    4/9/11 Remanufactured Marauder engine installed @ 64,400 miles by GNB Auto Repair, Astoria, NY
    Learn from my ignorance....CHECK YOUR OIL!!!

'72 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme - "The Hulk"...gone to the great junkyard in the sky
    '70 Oldsmobile 442 - "The Keeper"...now alive and kicking

Welcome! That sub in your trunk is probably costing you .5sec on your 1320!!!
    If you’re in control, you’re not going fast enough. – Parnelli Jones

If your wife's having a good time and you're not, you're still having a better time than if you're having a good time and she's not. - Red Green

2004 Marauder 300A - Garage Queen

1025 of 3213. It is one of 1237 in black and one of 2000 w/o the moonroof option.

Performance
    4:10's, rear Adco, front Eibachs w/ KYB shocks, Working oil pressure gauge, JLT CA Kit, Fumoto Oil Drain Valve, TCE SS Brake Lines, Zack big brake kit.
    Dress
    Power by Ford coil covers, Maruder sill plates, God's head steering wheel emblem, spoiler, front and rear splash gaurds, Custom dead pedal, LED lights for engine bay, interior and gauges. 64' Marauder Sail Panel for rear badge, custom God's head badge in grill.

LOC: Clermont Florida

Car ramrod?
    The twins2.3 whipple/aluminatorVortech V-2 lots of goodies

Current marauders
    04 DTR totaled JUST NOW starting to part out 7-21-2021 https://youtu.be/REUxjP1BVpg

04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop Whipple Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop V2 Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Converted
    03 DBP Light Flint #122
    03 DBP Dark Charcoal #232
    03 Silver Birch 300b Light Flint Going to fix er up
    03 Black 300a
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal moonroof in the works

04 Heaton Swapped DTR
    Joe's Wrecked DTR rebuild thread

I am quite aware of that lol I really dont like having more trunk space in my Miata than i currently do in the Marauder. this is what happens when a buddy of mine said he will build me the loudest sound system iv ever heard for the money. I had pictured in my mind a nice clean setup and once i was done welding in some frames for the amp rack i turn around and see this massive box he had assembled. I said F*&# it he already had it half built. its loud but not worth the limited trunk space

Hey welcome !! I'm right up the street in Clermont

I have a Steeda underdrive pulley. The company states its "an innovative design that provides proper torsional vibration dampening characteristics". I'm not sure what that means, but it sounds good for my engine.

Welcome, but don't bad mouth Midland, Texas. My cherished family lives there.
    Don't bother with the U/D pulleys, get an SCT tuner and tune from Mo's. Put in 4:10's and exhaust. Then come back for Supercharger recommendations.

Welcome to the collective.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post
    Welcome, but don't bad mouth Midland, Texas. My cherished family lives there.
    Don't bother with the U/D pulleys, get an SCT tuner and tune from Mo's. Put in 4:10's and exhaust. Then come back for Supercharger recommendations.

Welcome to the collective.
    Not badmouthing Midland. When i spent 14 months in Afghanistan i was convinced theirs no place worse... This place almost makes me want to go back there is all lol and as for Supercharger i have been dreaming of getting a kit from the moment i got my hands on this car. Reinhart kit was the first i had my eyes on but now i cant seem to find it. now im not sure which ways the best to go for blowing
    Last edited by RamRaud; 08-24-2016 at 06:56 PM.

i would skip the underdrives and email MartyO about tuning, marty@mosspeedshop.com. he will steer you in what to do and get about upgrades for tuning
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Welcome to the site!!
    FRPP dealer owner of SpartaPerformance.com
    We are an authorized independent AMSOIL dealer.

Like others have posted the best first mod is a tuner. As far as power adders go there have been a few turbo charge theirs. I think there is only one place that you can purchase a supercharger kit from now and that is ADTR. If you are not in a hurry you can sometimes pick one up on this site for sale but you better have the money ready to spend cause they can go quick. I can speak from experience on this. Good luck with the new ride. Plan on coming to one of the Marauder get togethers you will enjoy it.
    2004 DTR Marauder, #423 of 9806
    2004 SB Marauder, SOLD
    2003 Black Marauder, #3029 of 7093
    2003 Black Supercharged Marauder, #1940 of 7093
    2003 DBP Marauder, #225 of 328, SOLD
    2007 Black Shelby GT Terlingua
    2017 Grabber Blue Mustang GT 5.0
    2018 Platinum White King Ranch F150 FX4

Thread Information