Thread: Stacy's 04 Pro charged 04

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Stacy's 04 Pro charged 04

Well I met this man last year and up graded his Pro Charger kit with a air box and a PCV system, he lives out of State, he had some issues with the car several months back, he took the car in to a shop in his area, and he was told the car was running out of fuel and Maf, he was sold a Mafia and a KB BAP, and by his dyno sheet the car was running lean at WOT above 5000 RPM, but the car was making less than 330 RWHP, so to me the 90 MMLM was not the issue the car had a GT pump supposedly installed, by the previous owner and this shop verified it was a GT pump, but he was told he needed a entire fuel system, he could not afford it, and when I was told of this three weeks ago, I called him, I stopped and gave him my car to drive, we brought his car back here yesterday, today I found the BAP turned all the way up. I took the pump out and it was the worst mess I have ever seen, it was a GT pump but the pump wiring was chafed and bare in many spots in had splices and the wrong connectors on the pump. Not only that they never even removed the GT pump from the plastic GT housing, and used a hose clamp at the bottom. No rubber inserts to cut down vibration it was a complete mess.

Before

I took no chances I found a used assembly at a local yard and I installed a Focus pump.

After

I then strapped the car down did one pull FP was 39 PSI or higher at WOT and the FP duty cycle was 60%, I will Post dyno sheets and the video tomorrow. The IAT was a bit high but that is because of the inner cooler and piping but over all the car came out well. Considering the car is all stock except for the S/C.

Hey Dennis,
    Here are the numbers from the other shop.
    RWHP----337
    RWTQ----346

The car made 378/380 at 8 PSI
    Last edited by Dennis Reinhart; 04-16-2010 at 04:02 PM. Reason: typos and pictures

Thread Information