Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Las Vegas Marauder Meet-Up 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Island Cruiser View Post
    I am in for Vegas, I have never been there.

I want to set the record for longest distance traveled to attend a Maraudervile, it would be 3400 miles for me to get there as I am 12 hours north of Boston in Canada.

EPIC road trip with my silver birch
    If you could manage to pull that off, I would have to tip my hat to you for sure.

Sounds good to me!

It is in driving range for me. Without stating the obvious that there are a lot of things to do in LV. For example, Shelby American has tours of their shop and museum. When I went a few years ago, it was free. Plus there are lots of hilly roads that would be fun and free. Lastly, they have races on the dragstrip at LVMS that aren't free, but aren't very expensive.
    If you are really optimistic and think you can get a lot of attendees, you could probably rent the road course at LVMS for a day. I know that the TEAM SHELBY club has done this. But that would require big bucks.
    Redster (aka Rodster)
    04 MM DTR
    ONeill equipped
    96 Audi A4 (ONeill equipped)
    2007 Shelby GT (ONeill equipped)(SAAC equipped)
    2002 Sable

Dos marauders

Quote Originally Posted by teamrope View Post
    MV II was a 3 day drive For me, MV III was 4. This close me & the Mrs might even bring both cars.
    I was thinking the same thing... Only my son or a smoking hot girlfriend would be driving the other....HA!

2003 300A Black, #4918 of 7838, 17,400 Miles
    Tune, KYB's, JLT, FlowMaster 42441, Res Delete, New BFG's, 8 coats of zymoil Titanium

2003 300B Silver Birch, #21 of 419, 29,800 miles
    Tune, JLT, FlowMaster 42441 Res Delete, New Nitto 235/255 Bigcarsforever dead peddle & custom SRP peddles, 5 coats Zymoil Titanium, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYBs, 1/2 inch coil cut, Sparta Watts link and Control Arms, Carfixer alignment.

2003 CV Sport Matador Red, 19,280 Miles, DD, Curless Full Service Royal flush, Marto Tune, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires, NEW OEM Sport Springs -1 coil & Monroe Severe Duty (front) shocks, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYB rear Shocks, Carfixer Alignment.

2004 CV HPP Silver Birch, 93,000 miles. Son's DD, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires (thank you Lowndex!)

It's about time for a western USA Marauder get together! I'll go.
    Lifespeed

2004 Silver Birch Marauder 130K miles
    Wilwood Aero6 F, NMDP R brakes, Penske 7500DA shocks, Hypercoil 600lbs F and Grand Marquis R air springs, Addco tubular sway bars, Metco control & Watts, 31 sp axles, Stainless Works cat-back exhaust, Lidio tune, American Racing AR883 9.3" 50mm F 10" 59mm R 20" wheels, Pirelli P-Zero 265/35-20, 275/40-20 tires

Coming soon: Livernois 5.0L stroker, ADTR/Vortech V2 intercooled SC, Silverfox trans and Circle D converter

Sounds like a good plan!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bigrocks85 View Post
    Sounds like a good plan!!!!!
    Great Idea , Back in my Ski Days ,your Major clubs had Eastern Regionals and Western Regionals every year 'The Crew from DMV tried to do both' The Western Regionals were the best- [Plus west coast snow was the most fun, Powder vs snow and Ice] and the People were friendlier and more down to earth. Whistler/ in Canada - Alta, Sno bird, Deer Valley , Vail , Copper mountain ,Arapaho Basin, Steamboat, to name a few west coast spots.
    Last edited by 71cyclone; 10-27-2014 at 05:46 AM.
    Roger that

Assembled 8/25/03. In service 11/5/03.[Safford Lincoln Mercury] . Returned from Service to Dundalk Lincoln Mercury 7/12/11 Adopted and reassigned to Street Duty 7/29/11 .at Car Center [Waldorf Ford] /Waldorf MD. # 27 of 997 silver burch #103 of 3214 Sold Oct 17, 2015. Replaced with 2016 XLT Explorer with 3:66 gear 4WD [ interceptor package] In addition 2015 -V6 Mustang added to the corral April 17,2015 with Roush upgrades .February 2018 upgraded to Explorer Sport , Ford blue ,intake upgrade, intake mod, Unleashed super tune, Governor removed. 1969 Mark III ,Forest Green still in fleet. Carlisle favorite .

I'm in!

Whatever it takes. Lets figure it out.

While proposing a MV in vegas, I think that we should plan to have this meet go down regardless of having MV there or not so that we can get and hold allot of support for this.
    I eat apples until my stomach feels much more full than its normal.

If anyone else, (and we know there is), has organized an event, let me know the basic steps, and I will follow those recommendations here in Vegas. I will contact some Hotels and ask about special room rates, ask about special parking. Once a month there is a Cruise Night, it would be cool to show up with a bunch of Marauders. The more participants, the better our chances with the Hotels, however all that aside, any Member, or Members that would want to come to Vegas, would be welcomed by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Logizyme View Post
    While proposing a MV in vegas, I think that we should plan to have this meet go down regardless of having MV there or not so that we can get and hold allot of support for this.
    Correct. That was the intention in my initial post lol
    2003 Trilogy Supercharged Marauder

Quote Originally Posted by 03blackvegas View Post
    If anyone else, (and we know there is), has organized an event, let me know the basic steps, and I will follow those recommendations here in Vegas. I will contact some Hotels and ask about special room rates, ask about special parking. Once a month there is a Cruise Night, it would be cool to show up with a bunch of Marauders. The more participants, the better our chances with the Hotels, however all that aside, any Member, or Members that would want to come to Vegas, would be welcomed by me.
    Hey 03blackvegas,

I'll send you a PM. there should be an announcement from the owners soon that will include everything needed to organize a Marauderville. You can search previous years' for info. But this is a good blueprint/template to with.

I have not organized a large regional meet like Louisville or Marauderville, but I have organized smaller meets in the CAM area (Captain Dan's meet where we've had as large as 20 Marauders), and I have helped co-organize the Autumn Brewery Tour last year.

I have great relationships with the folks who helped plan and organize MV5 in DC as well as Carlisle and Louisville. We have tremendous resources available to make this a success. Like I said, I will do whatever I can to help.

Glad to see a lot of support already! This is terrific

Also from the responses in the other Vegas thread (see the link in post #1) there is a ton of stuff to see & do in and around Vegas

So further to my point and Logizyme's post above, even if this isn't a Marauderville, we have the beginnings of a west coast regional annual meet here. After so many years of the regional Louisville meet, a lot of the events have become redundant and/or stagnant (this doesn't make Louisville any less fun and Louisville is more about hanging out and having a good time but I digress...). Point is we can make Vegas a fun exciting event year after year and not have the same itinerary twice. It's actually quite exhilarating

I'm there. Just say when...

I will HAVE to drive LVMS's road coarse.

I'm turning into a track chaser
    I eat apples until my stomach feels much more full than its normal.

A good friend of mine is in the SCCA, if we have something here, I'll try to set something up with the SCCA. Just another thing to do here in Vegas.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information