Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Factory Ford Escape in dash 6-CD changer installed

Quote Originally Posted by offroadking208 View Post
    installed it today and it's freakin awesome! I've got RDS now, 6 slots for CD's, and better sound! much recommended
    whats RDS?
    2010 fusion se

Quote Originally Posted by ImpalaSlayer View Post
    whats RDS?
    Radio Data System.

Quote Originally Posted by megaforcer View Post
    Radio Data System.
    and that does..........?
    2010 fusion se

Are you kidding or what?

RDS allows small packets of into to be sent on FM stations. It displays song titles and station names on the screen.

Are you kidding or what?

RDS allows small packets of into to be sent on FM stations. It displays song titles and station names on the screen.
    uhh no i wasnt kidding, i know almost nothing about audio.
    2010 fusion se

It's nothing new, I think it was invented in the 80s. It is much better utilized in Europe as you can view traffic info and such on there. FLM started using it in select models in 1998.

It's nothing new, I think it was invented in the 70s. It is much better utilized in Europe as you can view traffic info and such on there. FLM started using it in select models in 1998.
    im sorry i wasnt around in the 70s
    2010 fusion se

Our stock radios have that function.
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    Our stock radios have that function.
    Correct. Check the owners manual for activation.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Heya - put in the Audiophile ("FC" in the part number) this weekend and the PIE ipod adapter and I swear I lost my sub. In fact, I know I lost my sub - just don't hear it anymore. Has this happened to anyone else?? I swear I thought I saw it in one of these threads....

Steering wheel controls are working, unit is all loaded up w/ 6 CD's and I've got my Sirius tuner on the PIE unit right now.

I removed the foam from the top of the Sub too but I can't see how that would take all the sound from it....

Just scratching my head here...

Best,
    Jonathan

IMO put the foam back. Back to topic. Did you get the correct PIE adapter for that headunit? They have a different chip from the stockers. On the stockers they take power from the 6 disc, on the Audiophile they take power from the SAT feature. Have you tried a hook up without the PIE?
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

All this talk about pie... Now I want some pie...

i still need to find one of these....
    2010 fusion se

I got an audiophile -FD radio for about 90 bucks from a junkyard, and for some reason it won't fit all the way into the dash, its as if the cables are too short and won't let the radio sit all the way back.

And to answer smoke, my sub works but I don't use an adapter, maybe that's the problem.
    2003 Black w/Charcoal int. #1301 of the 7839

Current Mods: Lidio 93 3.55 Tune, JLT Intake, Steeda under drive pulleys, Stewart water pump, 180 T-stat, Progard, REAL oil pressure gauge w/ stock face

Current Features:
    6 CD changer, trunk organizer, McGard Wheel locks, domed silver inserts

Coming soon: 4.10s? (maybe)

My baby's theme song?
    Heavy Metal (takin' a ride) 1981 (Don Felder)

Was thinking about going back and running the Audiophile without the PIE one more time. I did a sanity check before running the wiring w/ the adapter just to make sure the head unit worked but didn't really crank it up or anything....mostly looking for lights and buttons and FM reception.

Will have to do a double check on the PIE P/N. Watched this thread very closely a couple or so pages back and got what I thought was right. Kept the packaging so it won't be too hard to retrace my steps. (still have the foam too LOL)

I know I have 1 pigtail hanging loose and was assuming it was for the 6-disk - may in fact be dealing w/ the "chip" issue justbob so thanks for the direction.

@J D: when I put in my FC and needed room for the PIE I pretty much lopped off the entire back end the "tray" the head unit sits in inside dash. I knew I had to drop the wiring off the back of the opening and down into the dash because there is tons of room behind the HVAC and between the glove box and instrument pod (for this wiring anyway). I started with a little snip-snip (more like a cut-cut with a hobby saw) and opened up a little room and pretty much resolved to whack the whole back lip of the "tray" and when I push the head unit in now the factory wiring/PIE wiring all slides back and out of the way no problem. For me anything short of clearing out the whole back side of this opening wouldn't even let me have a hope of locking in the unit to the dash.

Thanks all!

Best,
    Jonathan

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread Information