Thread: Tuner HP/TQ Numbers

Tuner HP/TQ Numbers

I've had my '04 Marauder for just over a month now and I'm seriously considering getting a tuner. At first I was looking at the Diablosports, but now I'm leaning towards the SCT X3. My question is this...The SCT website quotes RWHP/TQ gains in the neighborhood of 26/29. I've searched into this mysterious "Lidio Tune" and the best that I could come up with is a website for innovativeinterceptors.com. They quote Lidio alot on their site, but only list their X3 tune RWHP/TQ gains as 20/20.

Are SCT's numbers inflated or am I missing something?

http://www.alternativeauto.com/
    this is lidio's web site
    2003 300A
    #4916 of 7839
    N/A Bolt on's
    4:10 Gear's
    Steeda Underdrive Pulleys
    Stewart EMP Waterpump
    K&N CAI
    Sparta Control Arms
    Zack Tune
    TCE SS brakelines
    [LEFT]SS Insert's[/LEFT

Quote Originally Posted by JohnPPD View Post
    RWHP/TQ gains in the neighborhood of 26/29. I've searched into this mysterious "Lidio Tune" and the best that I could come up with is a website for innovativeinterceptors.com. They quote Lidio alot on their site, but only list their X3 tune RWHP/TQ gains as 20/20.

I pulled almost SCT's claims with a dyno tune. I had a CAI, intake spacer and pulleys at the time of the dyno run. On a base car I seen 23 RWHP and almost 28 RWTQ increase. The tune makes a huge difference.

MERCURY MARAUDER 300A

Build Date
    5/31/02
    Sequence#
    #363 of 7839 Black Marauders
    Dyno tested power
    450 RWHP & 405 RWTQ on 93 octane
    Best 1/4 mile time to date
    12.456@109mph
    Visit my Garage
    Blackened300a's Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Blackened300a View Post
    I pulled almost SCT's claims with a dyno tune. I had a CAI, intake spacer and pulleys at the time of the dyno run. On a base car I seen 23 RWHP and almost 28 RWTQ increase. The tune makes a huge difference.
    +1

May be the best "first mod" anyone could make on a MM.

2003 300B DBP
    Build date: 6/19/03
    Number 7,792 of 7,838 - 326 of 328
    Proud member of the MM "BLUES" Bros.
    Purchased: 11/10/05
    Eaton swap by ImpalaSlayer 11-09-10

Semper et in Aeternum, Mercurius.

In Memory:
    2004 DTR
    Build Date 01/27/04
    Purchased 04/04/04
    Wrecked 10/19/05, R.I.P.

Thanks for the speedy replies, guys. Keeps 'em coming. I'm partly asking to see if I can pick up a used (unlocked/unmarried) one rather than spending upwards of $400 for a Lidio, DR, etc tuned new one. Maybe I could use the savings for a JLT?

Thanks for the speedy replies, guys. Keeps 'em coming. I'm partly asking to see if I can pick up a used (unlocked/unmarried) one rather than spending upwards of $400 for a Lidio, DR, etc tuned new one. Maybe I could use the savings for a JLT?
    That's exactly what I did. Enjoy your ride.
    If I gave a crap about gas mileage I would own a bicycle. With my luck I may have to go bike shopping tomorrow.
    Black '03 300a SOLD. 1993 Crown Victoria LX. 5.4L Supercharged/6speed. SOLD. New ride:

tune =

The KING of BLING!

BOOST GETS YOU IMPERSONATED!

Quote Originally Posted by GOT5.0 View Post
    Be forewarned dont run the one that says DOOM. cause thats just what youll get!
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEDOWN View Post
    It's easy to find D00M, just follow his smoke or his trail of trophies!
    Quote Originally Posted by MMBLUE View Post
    When your good nobody likes ya, everyones jealous.

Don't worry so much about the specific numbers. I've got Lidio's tune, and it does make better numbers, I'm sure. I've not had it dyno'd, but the thing to concern yourself with is the feel. The tune completely transforms the way that the car feels to drive. It's much more responsive and stronger feeling.

Just do it, you won't regret it.

I've had my '04 Marauder for just over a month now and I'm seriously considering getting a tuner. At first I was looking at the Diablosports, but now I'm leaning towards the SCT X3. My question is this...The SCT website quotes RWHP/TQ gains in the neighborhood of 26/29. I've searched into this mysterious "Lidio Tune" and the best that I could come up with is a website for innovativeinterceptors.com. They quote Lidio alot on their site, but only list their X3 tune RWHP/TQ gains as 20/20.

I got my first mod, a SCT X3 with lido tune from Innovativeinterceptors ( it had all user end adjustabilitys enabled which was great).
    But don't get you hopes up to much when it comes to the power gain from just a tune.
    ( I was actually a little disappointed in the power gain after reading all the posts on how it "transforms the car")
    The transformation is mainly due to the much improved gear shifting and converter lock-up you get from the tune, not so much the power gain.

I would suggest, if possible, ride in two MMs, one with a Lidio and one with a DR tune to see which you like best. Then take the car to good dyno place and have it dialed in. That is what I did and it really made a world of difference. The out of box tune I had was making no extra power, confirmed by dyno. I went from 242RWHP to 273RWHP after the dyno tune. I picked up 50 hp in the mid range. I will qualify this as the tuner said he rarely sees a tune make that dramatic a difference. My tuner also completely changed the tranny tune as I did not like the out of box schedule.
    2004 DTR Marauder, Built 26 February 2004, Inservice: 02 July 2004 Retired from DD 17 July 2008. Survived the cut, 28 April 2012. Back as a DD as of 18 November 2012.

Thread Information