Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Trilogy supercharger or Vortech supercharger

Trilogy supercharger or Vortech supercharger

Hi guys,
    At last I saved all money, got my new tires done, fixed the aligment issue i think, and did tune up, thanks to all of you in here who helped me out with all my questions. But now that time has come to buy a SUPERCHARGER YES YES YES!!!!!!!

I need all the MM owner opinion. Which one should i get? Trilogy supercharger or Vortech supercharger??
    I know Trilogy is little bit cheaper? but i want to know if i am going install any of the charger do i have to modify my engine? Do i have to put heavy duty gaskets? i know for sure i need tuner & 4.10 gears? but any engine work need to be done before the s/c???????

Thank you guys in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by bawazir View Post
    Hi guys,
    At last I saved all money, got my new tires done, fixed the aligment issue i think, and did tune up, thanks to all of you in here who helped me out with all my questions. But now that time has come to buy a SUPERCHARGER YES YES YES!!!!!!!

I need all the MM owner opinion. Which one should i get? Trilogy supercharger or Vortech supercharger??
    I know Trilogy is little bit cheaper? but i want to know if i am going install any of the charger do i have to modify my engine? Do i have to put heavy duty gaskets? i know for sure i need tuner & 4.10 gears? but any engine work need to be done before the s/c???????

Actually the Trilogy is more expensive than a Vortech. What you also need to look at is the support before, during and after the purchase. The Trilogy support is world-class, bar none.

IMHO... The Trilogy SC actually looks like it belongs on the engine, not an afterthought.

There is slight modifications with any SC install, but no internal modifications if you run the car sensibly.

No you don't need heavy duty gaskets Don't think anyone makes HD gaskets.....

The Trilogy SC comes with a tune and tuner I believe.

As for the 4.10 gears you might want to rethink that one..... you'll end up burning off the rear tires......

You need to do some homework.

You sound just like Motorhead350........
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

[QUOTE=fastblackmerc;836875]Actually the Trilogy is more expensive than a Vortech. What you also need to look at is the support before, during and after the purchase. The Trilogy support is world-class, bar none.

IMHO... The Trilogy SC actually looks like it belongs on the engine, not an afterthought.

There is slight modifications with any SC install, but no internal modifications if you run the car sensibly.

As for the 4.10 gears you might want to rethink that one..... you'll end up burning off the rear tires......

i think your right Trilogy SC would do the work for me...
    Last edited by bawazir; 01-26-2010 at 07:15 PM.

Check sig.

If you don't beat the livin snot out of the car then a Trilogy, Jmod, and Control arms will suit you just fine. Perhaps take a ride in several different members cars before you purchase.
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Go for the trilogy!

You won't need the 4:10 gears with the trilogy but you would with the vortec.

The KING of BLING!

BOOST GETS YOU IMPERSONATED!

Quote Originally Posted by GOT5.0 View Post
    Be forewarned dont run the one that says DOOM. cause thats just what youll get!
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEDOWN View Post
    It's easy to find D00M, just follow his smoke or his trail of trophies!
    Quote Originally Posted by MMBLUE View Post
    When your good nobody likes ya, everyones jealous.

There's a reason why over 200 kits were sold.

The KING of BLING!

BOOST GETS YOU IMPERSONATED!

Quote Originally Posted by GOT5.0 View Post
    Be forewarned dont run the one that says DOOM. cause thats just what youll get!
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEDOWN View Post
    It's easy to find D00M, just follow his smoke or his trail of trophies!
    Quote Originally Posted by MMBLUE View Post
    When your good nobody likes ya, everyones jealous.

I'll make it easy for you. Both. Buy two Marauders and install the Trilogy on one and the Vortech on the other. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy.
    Trilogy supercharger or Vortech supercharger??
    Just another clown on a bike...

As good as any man, better than none.

Former owner of a highly modified and very fast Marauder.

"You CAN fit a square peg into a round hole, all you need is a big enough hammer." -Original

Take the time to drive one of each if you can. I have a trilogy and prefer it personally. I like the fit and finish of the roots style blower and the linear feel of the power curve. The vortech seems to have a more "peaky" power curve but may make more power depending on which blower you get and what supporting modifications are done. It's a personal choice.
    1965 FALCON WAGON
    1967 RANCHERO
    1968 MUSTANG GT FASTBACK
    2004 300B MARAUDER TRILOGY #127
    Retired 2003 300A MARAUDER
    NEW ADDITION! 1968 Shelby GT 350

Quote Originally Posted by DOOM View Post
    There's a reason why over 200 kits were sold.

+1! Its a no brainer...
    trilogy TS#164
    kooks, meth injection, 4.10s, CAI
    11.81 @117
    519rwhp 485tq
    93 octane

kits are for losers
    2010 fusion se

Quote Originally Posted by frdwrnch View Post
    Take the time to drive one of each if you can. I have a trilogy and prefer it personally. I like the fit and finish of the roots style blower and the linear feel of the power curve. The vortech seems to have a more "peaky" power curve but may make more power depending on which blower you get and what supporting modifications are done. It's a personal choice.

+1 on this. I have the paxton novi air to air. A few weeks ago I drove a Gen 1 and a second Gen trilogy. Both cars are awesome. I really like the air to air. Mine made 389 w supercharger then I added headers and it went to 461 on 9.5 lbs of boost. I am not going to persuade you either way. I would say drive each and get a feel for what you like. Plus I am still running the 3:55 gears. I wish you the best. If you go air to air I definitely recommend headers as well. Really opens up the motor.

Search the site!

Then get a tall glass of Kool Aid.

Drink it.

Call Jerry Barnes at Trilogy and place your order.

11.98 @ 115 mph
    "Comfort, Class and Hair on Fire Performance."

Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post
    Actually the Trilogy is more expensive than a Vortech. What you also need to look at is the support before, during and after the purchase. The Trilogy support is world-class, bar none.

You sound just like Motorhead350........

i called them multiple times and left messages with no return call. yeah there awesome
    2010 fusion se

Sorry for double post there. Was doing from my phone.

Hi guys,

Why do I get the feeling that Aren Jay is back and having a little fun with us?
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328
    Dark Blue Pearl with Light Flint interior(1 of 215)

Black Pearl "Aarrrrr Type"
    '12 Taurus SHO 3.5 L Ecoboost V6 24V DOHC DI Twin Turbo
    (365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478
    Tuxedo Black Metallic with Charcoal Black Leather interior (1 of 415)

Member Capital Area Marauders (CAM)
    since April '04

Bluerauder's Garage -- Pics and Other Info

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information