Thread: Windshield question for 1964 Mercury Monterey Marauder

Cool Windshield question for 1964 Mercury Monterey Marauder

Hello Guys,

Ya'll have helped in the past and I definetly need it now. Does anyone know what windshields are inter-changeable for the 1964 Mercury Monterey Hardtop marauder?

Also, can anyone help with information on what was considered a marauder? I have a 1964 Mercury "Monterey" Marauder with a 390 4v. I have seen a 1964 Mercury "Montclair" with the "marauder" flags that looked the same. I guess what I'm looking for is a little clarification on the models and designations. It has been hard to find info and or parts because it seems everyone is only interested in the S-55's and cars that came with the 427's. I would like to restore this dream to its former beauty and sneak up and eat a vette if possible. Im not far off but need a windshield.

Thanks
    Last edited by swaybar1; 01-18-2012 at 01:25 PM.

I'd look real close at 63/64 Galaxies.

From the beltline up, these cars are very similar to the Merc. Beltline down, very different sheet metal.

Except for gauges, dashes look very similar, so interior width and (potentially) the windshield might be identical.

Quote Originally Posted by swaybar1 View Post
    Hello Guys,

Ya'll have helped in the past and I definetly need it now. Does anyone know what windshields are inter-changeable for the 1964 Mercury Monterey Hardtop marauder?

Also, can anyone help with information on what was considered a marauder? I have a 1964 Mercury "Monterey" Marauder with a 390 4v. I have seen a 1964 Mercury "Montclair" with the "marauder" flags that looked the same. I guess what I'm looking for is a little clarification on the models and designations. It has been hard to find info and or parts because it seems everyone is only interested in the S-55's and cars that came with the 427's. I would like to restore this dream to its former beauty and sneak up and eat a vette if possible. Im not far off but need a windshield.

Thanks
    You didn't say, so I have to assume it's a 2-door.

You should be able to use any 1963-4 Ford/Merc convertible or fastback 2-dr. The 4-dr might fit, but I'm not sure. The box top and breezeway cars used a windshield with less rake and more height.

For a breakdown on models look here http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forum...t=59139&page=2
    1963 Marauder S-55, Super Marauder 406
    Only factory 406 powered Marauder, and earliest built Marauder documented to still exist.
    https://sites.google.com/a/wmich.edu/supermarauder/
    ______________________________ _____________

First retailed 2003 Marauder
    Bought 6 June 2002

My 64 is a 4 door. Thanks

Red face

I was looking at a windshield from a 4 64 Mercury Park Lane 4dr Sdn breezeway and just wanted to know if anyone knew a way to determine if it was compatible.

Thanks

I was looking at a windshield from a 4 64 Mercury Park Lane 4dr Sdn breezeway and just wanted to know if anyone knew a way to determine if it was compatible.

Thanks
    I think the 2 and 4-dr used the same, but can't say for sure. I'm pretty sure a breezeway windshield won't work.
    1963 Marauder S-55, Super Marauder 406
    Only factory 406 powered Marauder, and earliest built Marauder documented to still exist.
    https://sites.google.com/a/wmich.edu/supermarauder/
    ______________________________ _____________

First retailed 2003 Marauder
    Bought 6 June 2002

I believe that any glass company can help you here.
    (#6178 in black per FPIC)
    Call 1-800-FORD-788 and press "1". Have the last 6 of your VIN handy. You will get the numbers for FREE. You'll pay $$$ for the certificate.

MM traded in 8/9/13 @ 128909 miles. It was fun for almost 8 years. I met airmercpun on 1/17/14. He was the new owner of my former ride. -Now gone.

Update: back in the game with a late build 03 GMGS with some MM add ons like Escape audiophile radio w/Sirius sat radio, rear sway bar, catback exhaust, and header panel.

Rest In Peace:
    Alex "Marauderboi" Vachon 3/2/92-8/13/10
    Paula Babineau 1/9/67-8/2/11
    Rex Weinbender
    Peter

See my garage file for part numbers and whatnot.

IMHO, this site- the members that I chat with- and the ones that I now Hang with- are like my 2nd family. There is such an ongoing welcome feeling here that even members who don't or no longer own the MM can feel.

Oh yeah, I know that. Its just I came across an OEM windshield for a good price. I was doing some other things w/the motor and something hit my windshield and shattered it. So now instead of being able to do some engine upgrades/improvements ill have to fork 5 large for a windshield.

Does anyone. Know of a manufacturer that remakes the seats?

Thanks again!

Oh yeah, I know that. Its just I came across an OEM windshield for a good price. I was doing some other things w/the motor and something hit my windshield and shattered it. So now instead of being able to do some engine upgrades/improvements ill have to fork 5 large for a windshield.

Does anyone. Know of a manufacturer that remakes the seats?

Thanks again!
    Are you taking about just the upholstry, or the entire seat?

A number of dealers make upholstry for the Galaxies, but I'm not sure about Mercs.

You may have to go to a local upholstry shop for a custom interior.

I'm trying to get my ride on the road asap while on a tight buget. I had a 66 gt prior to marriage and I know they had whole seat kits for those. Just the tops dry rotted but I would like to make things clean and fast again.

Thanks

Thread Information