Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 4.10 Gear Install Question

Here are some P/N's:

M-4700-C - Carbon fibre clutch kit
    M-4033-G2 - Ford differential cover with drain and load bolts (you can find this cheaper). Replacing the cover increases the fluid capacity, makes oil draining and refilling easier, better cooling and the load bolts helps prevent side bearing load deflection.

I'd also recommend the bearing cap stud kit (replace the bearing cap bolts with studs), cheap investment, making the rear stronger.

You can check Rock Auto, Late Model Restoration, East Coast Gear Supply, Currie Enterprises, Summit, Strange Engineering, CJ Pony Parts, American Muscle, Amazon, eBay, etc.

Any Ford 8.8 rear end parts will fit.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post
    Here are some P/N's:

M-4700-C - Carbon fibre clutch kit
    M-4033-G2 - Ford differential cover with drain and load bolts (you can find this cheaper). Replacing the cover increases the fluid capacity, makes oil draining and refilling easier, better cooling and the load bolts helps prevent side bearing load deflection.

I'd also recommend the bearing cap stud kit (replace the bearing cap bolts with studs), cheap investment, making the rear stronger.

You can check Rock Auto, Late Model Restoration, East Coast Gear Supply, Currie Enterprises, Summit, Strange Engineering, CJ Pony Parts, American Muscle, Amazon, eBay, etc.

Any Ford 8.8 rear end parts will fit.
    Thanks!

2004 DTR
    Born 9/25/2003 Adopted Aug 11, 2010
    #175 of 980 DTR, #537 of 3,214 2004

Lidio Tune, K&N CAI, 4.10s, FlowMaster40s, SS Braided brake lines, SS Bumper Inserts, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler, Lip Spoiler, Grill & Trunk Badges by Daniel, Audiophile 6L8T18C815FD.

Quote Originally Posted by NavySeabee View Post
    Any site vendors to recommend?
    ALL of the site's supporting vendors are recommended.
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

Mobil 1 synthetic has failed me 2 out of 2 times regarding "friction modifier included".. Yeah, no..

Builder Of Badassery
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Red Line FTW!!
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Is Royal Purple the way to go? I believe it has the friction modifier?
    2004 DTR

Lidio Tune, K&N CAI, 4.10s, FlowMaster40s, SS Braided brake lines, SS Bumper Inserts, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler, Lip Spoiler, Grill & Trunk Badges by Daniel, Audiophile 6L8T18C815FD.

I use Red Line.
    Ronald Regan

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

General James Mattis

One step that can help is to soak any new pads for 24 hours before installation. Pads could be in the carrier or not. I believe this will provide a better success rate with included friction modifier. Also not sure about what is necessary for carbon fiber or "extra clutch"/tighter fit setups.
    03 MM, DBP, Charcoal, 6disk, HS, organizer, spoiler Mods: Z&M arms, Beamtech Led headlight bulbs, LED turns, ditch, tails, reverse & interior(blue), oil deflector, U-Hall Tranny pan. running stock size Cooper Zeon RS3-G1

02 SL500 Silver Arrow - first aid kit delete, maybe for sale

08 Town Car Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17

Reason I ask is I got a deal on the Royal Purple. Three quarts for $20. Is that enough? Not sure if I need to buy another quart or not.
    2004 DTR

Reason I ask is I got a deal on the Royal Purple. Three quarts for $20. Is that enough? Not sure if I need to buy another quart or not.
    I would say yes as this is only their website:

"Formulated for limited-slip differential use"
    Ronald Regan

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

General James Mattis

It'll take just over 2 quarts, and Royal Purple has been in the diff in Mary's car for a couple of years now and it's been fine, including a round trip from MA to GA and a high-speed run around Atlanta Motor Speedway.
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

Ronald Regan

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

General James Mattis

Done shopping. Free shipping.

Thanks for all the help & info!

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...oogle-shopping
    2004 DTR

Done shopping. Free shipping.

Thanks for all the help & info!

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...oogle-shopping
    Good Deal!

And it includes Ford Racing gears!!! FTW!!!!!!!!
    Ronald Regan

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

General James Mattis

You shouldn't need the gasket as the factory used silicone gasket ...
    Ronald Regan

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

General James Mattis

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information