Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tired of Ford Discountinued MM Parts

I tried getting my part through one of those "original Ford parts" sites. They said they had it. When I called them and spoke to a customer rep, they didn't have it.

Hope you have better luck.

I had to get my part out of Mexico from the mfg. Fifteen units were scheduled for trash. Took all summer to get clearance.

One big PITA.

Estamos comprende y maramos Marauder.Net- Senor's y Senoras ,es Verdad [ THE TRUTH ]
    Roger that

Assembled 8/25/03. In service 11/5/03.[Safford Lincoln Mercury] . Returned from Service to Dundalk Lincoln Mercury 7/12/11 Adopted and reassigned to Street Duty 7/29/11 .at Car Center [Waldorf Ford] /Waldorf MD. # 27 of 997 silver burch #103 of 3214 Sold Oct 17, 2015. Replaced with 2016 XLT Explorer with 3:66 gear 4WD [ interceptor package] In addition 2015 -V6 Mustang added to the corral April 17,2015 with Roush upgrades .February 2018 upgraded to Explorer Sport , Ford blue ,intake upgrade, intake mod, Unleashed super tune, Governor removed. 1969 Mark III ,Forest Green still in fleet. Carlisle favorite .

Quote Originally Posted by Chi Stallion View Post
    Ive really had enough of Ford and their bs. I cant get a MM specific Rack and pinion 3W1Z-3504-GARM. No parts warehouses in the whole country has one and it looks like i have to wait to see if Ford is ever gona get off their ass and build one for me as we speak.

Everybody wants to sit here and talk about Marauder this Marauder that but nobody wants to talk about getting in Fords ass and building MM specific parts again. Nobody wants to talk about getting Ford to build the OEM front and rear bumpers again or the dot matrix panel, seat covers, etc. Bottom line is parts for these cars are really getting extinct. Even if you do luckily find a discontinued MM specific part sitting in the warehouses, its gona be nearly 4 times the price it was originally. It doesnt make no sense. I REALLY HATE FORD. If somebody with a 1993 Honda can get a part for their car and i cant get a part for my 2003 Mecury Marauder, something is definitely wrong here.

Ford can go suck big ones cause im not gona be sitting here making Ford rich anymore. Il drive my Marauder into Ford headquarters in Dearborn Mi and cash out. I just might have to get that S63 AMG Benz ive been dreaming all my life for.

Let's see ... 1993 Honda Accord sales (US only) 362,207 (single year production). Mercury Marauder sales for 2003-2004: 11,052. Total Gen 5 Honda Accord Sales: 1,854,817.

We have a relatively low production car from an orphan brand (Mercury). The economies of scale simply do not exist for Ford to provide specialty parts for a car that small of a production run. If you want a car that every part is available for ... drive a Mustang ... you can just about build a mustang from scratch from parts.

My father has an 84 Avanti Touring Coupe ... they made 13. Try finding parts for that.

I'm just saying that having a car that you don't pass by every five seconds on the road also means that you can't walk into an Autozone and buy parts off the shelf.

Lidio Tune - Ford Racing 4.10 Gears - JLT CAI

Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
    Let's see ... 1993 Honda Accord sales (US only) 362,207 (single year production). Mercury Marauder sales for 2003-2004: 11,052. Total Gen 5 Honda Accord Sales: 1,854,817.

We have a relatively low production car from an orphan brand (Mercury). The economies of scale simply do not exist for Ford to provide specialty parts for a car that small of a production run. If you want a car that every part is available for ... drive a Mustang ... you can just about build a mustang from scratch from parts.

My father has an 84 Avanti Touring Coupe ... they made 13. Try finding parts for that.

I'm just saying that having a car that you don't pass by every five seconds on the road also means that you can't walk into an Autozone and buy parts off the shelf.
    Had to chuckle when I read that then I thought 'Haven't they been building the same Avanti for 40 years'?

Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post

Yepp , my buddy got a 4 door version out of Jersey 5 years ago , GM powertrain though ,everything else, who knows ??
    Roger that

Assembled 8/25/03. In service 11/5/03.[Safford Lincoln Mercury] . Returned from Service to Dundalk Lincoln Mercury 7/12/11 Adopted and reassigned to Street Duty 7/29/11 .at Car Center [Waldorf Ford] /Waldorf MD. # 27 of 997 silver burch #103 of 3214 Sold Oct 17, 2015. Replaced with 2016 XLT Explorer with 3:66 gear 4WD [ interceptor package] In addition 2015 -V6 Mustang added to the corral April 17,2015 with Roush upgrades .February 2018 upgraded to Explorer Sport , Ford blue ,intake upgrade, intake mod, Unleashed super tune, Governor removed. 1969 Mark III ,Forest Green still in fleet. Carlisle favorite .

So what parts that are still available hold the highest chance of being out of production in the next few years? Maybe a part that fails commonly but is getting scarce.

If a million people believe a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing.
    ~ Anatole France

2004 DTR 54k, Dark Charcoal, heated seats, moonroof, trunk organizer.
    Mods: K and N intake, Lido tune, Pro Guard rear bumper, stainless bumper inserts, res delete tips, misc
    UncleLar's first DTR

2004 Ford Crown Victoria Sport 100k, black, Dark Charcoal, stock and a zero option car.

If something isn't available, invent something better.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information