Thread: Vertical Headlight Adjustment

Vertical Headlight Adjustment

My left headlight is pointing down more than my right, I can especially tell in the bumbers and backs of other vehicles when im behind them. Where is the vertical adjustment for the headlights? I looked in the manual and i cant find those 2 knobs ANYWHERE, I also have the cover held by 3 push screws off. any help?

I believe the adjustment was done away several years ago to save $$. I think the only way to adjust the headlights are with the 3 bolts that actually hold the headlights to the plastic frame. I seen the same description in the owners manual but could not find the adjustment screws even after I took the whole front bumper off and the headlights out. Are we missing something?
    2003 - black w/ dark charcoal 300a. polished full size spare, carpeted lid trunk organizer - 2w7z-54115a00-aa, black rear spoiler - 2w7z-5444210-aab, matte black door edge guards - yw7z-5420910-ba, all weather molded vinyl black floor mats - 1w7z-5413086-ha (front) & 1w4z-5413106-ca (rear), Gorilla spline drive chrome plated locking lug nuts, Kenwood kfc-6808c 6x8 3-way speakers in front & rear, Kenwood kfc-1705 6.75" subwoofer, Clarion Proaudio DXZ-835 CD receiver, Clarion Proaudio DCZ 6-disc CD changer, Clarion SIRCL Sirius satellite radio tuner, Superchips tuner, Borla cat back exhaust, SVO rear girdle (T/A performance) & stud kit, Dynotech MMC racing driveshaft, B&M 3 quart+ aluminum finned tranny pan.

LV and jo...

Mine has the adjusters...I've used them...

They're not knobs...it's a threaded shaft with a 4mm hex head, right behind each headlight bucket...above the lamp (bulb) a$$embly...it sticks straight up...if you can't find them tonight, I'll try and post a close-up picture tomorrow...
    Last edited by RF Overlord; 11-27-2003 at 07:21 PM.
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

Thanks Overlord

It is that threaded shaft, I never really paid anytattention to it before and it did the trick. My manual ( 2003 GM) shows something COMPLETELY different. Does anyone have an actual MARAUDER manual. Thanks Again.

Re: Thanks Overlord

Originally posted by LVMarauder
    My manual ( 2003 GM) shows something COMPLETELY different. Does anyone have an actual MARAUDER manual.
    Cool beans, dude, glad to help...I would have thought the '03 GM and the MM would be the same, but...

Yes, actual MM manuals DO exist, I've got one...I've also heard of others being given a GM manual by the dealer instead of an MM manual...I'd go back to your dealer and ask them to get you the correct one...at their expense...

As an interim solution, I've got it in .pdf format (Adobe)...if you want to PM me your e-mail address, I'll send you a copy...
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    Daily Driver

RF Overlord, Can you send me pics of the adjustment? All I have are the 3 screws that hold each light in but I can NOT find the adjustments.
    2003 - black w/ dark charcoal 300a. polished full size spare, carpeted lid trunk organizer - 2w7z-54115a00-aa, black rear spoiler - 2w7z-5444210-aab, matte black door edge guards - yw7z-5420910-ba, all weather molded vinyl black floor mats - 1w7z-5413086-ha (front) & 1w4z-5413106-ca (rear), Gorilla spline drive chrome plated locking lug nuts, Kenwood kfc-6808c 6x8 3-way speakers in front & rear, Kenwood kfc-1705 6.75" subwoofer, Clarion Proaudio DXZ-835 CD receiver, Clarion Proaudio DCZ 6-disc CD changer, Clarion SIRCL Sirius satellite radio tuner, Superchips tuner, Borla cat back exhaust, SVO rear girdle (T/A performance) & stud kit, Dynotech MMC racing driveshaft, B&M 3 quart+ aluminum finned tranny pan.

Hey there RF Overlord....

Can you send the pics to me too....or post them?

Thanks!
    MARAUDERCHICK
    ~~MARAUDERCHICK~~
    ~~~~~Kathy~~~~~
    2003 Mercury Marauder 300A / Black /25% tint in front and 15% tint in back/ Born : August 16, 2002/ Adopted: December 26, 2002/ 6-disk CD changer/ Trunk organizer/ Diablo chip/ Denso plugs/ 180 degree thermostat/ Addco Rear sway bar/ FMS 4.10 gears/ Steeda Under drive pulleys/ K&N filter/ Royal Purple 5w20 synthetic/ Sylvania Silverstars: headlamps, fogs & turn signals/ hi-flow cats, ported/ceramic coated Cobra manifolds, and X-pipe/ 18" Stainless Steel Magnaflow mufflers/Kenny Brown dead pedal/ Eibach springs/ Polished aluminum "Marauder" pedals by Dyno-Pro/Meziere Electric Waterpump/ Baer Brake System: 14" drilled & slotted front rotors, polished caliper's with red letters/ Enhanced 11" rear rotor drilled & slotted / Kenny Brown Stainless steel braided brake lines / Metco Control Arms
    CHRISTMAS WISH LIST: TRILOGY KIT# ?????

jo and MCHICK:

By the time the Bunny Lady gets home with the car it'll be dark; I'll take a few pix and see if they come out...

If you look down the hole in the radiator support structure behind each headlight, and directly in front of each hood height adjuster/bumper/stop, you'll see a small threaded shaft with a 4mm hex head on it...remember this won't look like an ordinary screw head as it's smaller than the shaft itself. This shaft is about an inch long and is horizontal, with the head facing the rear...turning this shaft CCW will adjust the headlight up...
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    Daily Driver

RF Overlord, found it. Thanks for the helpful descriptive location of the allen key adjuster.

Thread Information