Thread: People who have changed their registration., get in here.

Exclamation People who have changed their registration., get in here.

I might have to do this as plan b. Multiple sources have given me multiple answers.

1. It must be done at a DMV. New address must be active for 6 months.... that doesn't make sense to me because a lot of people move and change the plate within a week.

2. A currency exchange can do it all as simply as buying a new plate sticker.

There is one part on the car I WILL change before resulting to this, but for those who have simply moved, what did you have to do? I cannot get a solid answer even from official government sites. All they do is say how to register a car, not change the registration.

No, I have never lived in another city in my entire life, this is why I ask.

Thank you.
    "Bye Bye, Johnny B. Goode."

Quote Originally Posted by Motorhead350 View Post
    I might have to do this as plan b. Multiple sources have given me multiple answers.

1. It must be done at a DMV. New address must be active for 6 months.... that doesn't make sense to me because a lot of people move and change the plate within a week.

There is one part on the car I WILL change before resulting to this, but for those who have simply moved, what did you have to do? I cannot get a solid answer even from official government sites. All they do is say how to register a car, not change the registration.

Thank you.
    How about stopping by a DMV office and asking?
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

what are you trying to change on your registration? I changed mine online when my plates were due ( not marauder though) beacuase I had a new address etc...Here in ohio,,one is supposed to notify the DMV when you move within 10 days...why not look at Illinois DMV site..it';s usually better than the workers
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post
    How about stopping by a DMV office and asking?
    That takes time. It's worth a quick post here from home.

Quote Originally Posted by RubberCtyRauder View Post
    what are you trying to change on your registration? I changed mine online when my plates were due ( not marauder though) beacuase I had a new address etc...Here in ohio,,one is supposed to notify the DMV when you move within 10 days...why not look at Illinois DMV site..it';s usually better than the workers
    Chicago is not fond of modified exhaust. A part that needs to be changed will be changed first, but if this doesn't work a new plan is needed.

so you need to register it in a non emission test area?
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

The DMV/MVA probably has a web site to check. Basically, you move and make the changes at the DMV.

Thats been my experience.

11.98 @ 115 mph
    "Comfort, Class and Hair on Fire Performance."

Thank you Charlie.

Here is the Illinois website for title and registration actions. There is also an FAQ section >>>>>> http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/de...tion/home.html
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328
    Dark Blue Pearl with Light Flint interior(1 of 215)

Black Pearl "Aarrrrr Type"
    '12 Taurus SHO 3.5 L Ecoboost V6 24V DOHC DI Twin Turbo
    (365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478
    Tuxedo Black Metallic with Charcoal Black Leather interior (1 of 415)

Member Capital Area Marauders (CAM)
    since April '04

Bluerauder's Garage -- Pics and Other Info

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

instead of going in, just call 'em, GA and NC and Hi dmv have always been helpful to me

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Motorhead350 View Post

Thank you.
    You are probably asking either a Chicago-specific or Illinois-specific question on a national forum. Most people here don't have city stickers and most people here don't do their vehicle registration at a Currency Exchange.

Where are you moving to? Elsewhere in the city limits? Same county? Same state?

Don't rely on hearsay and rumor when you are doing paperwork with the City of Chicago or the State of Illinois. Spend some time on their official website, on the phone with them, or in their office.

Also be aware that if you are moving into a numbered parking zone, then proof of residential property purchase or a residential rental agreement will be required for your new city sticker.
    03 300A Black 1719/7839
    Current mods: FRP 4.10s, DR 93 Octane & shift tune, 8-clutch stock diff rebuild, bald tires
    Wish list: Eaton M112 kit and/or get bored and stroke it to a 5.0L

Don't let friends drive stockers:

I agree, just go into the DMV. It will only take you 3 hours in line but they'll have the answers.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'04 Marauder #357 of 3213 - Built and Eaton swapped - "MERCD"
    '21 F150 XLT 5.0 Sport
    '18 Chevy Malibu Redline
    '15 Mustang GT, performance package
    '01 BMW 740i M-Sport, manual swapped
    '97 Lincoln Town Car (black on black)
    '10 Harley Ultra Limited
    '08 Kawasaki ZX6R
    '03 Grand Marquis(sold)

Just change the registration during the next renewal. No reason to pay ahead of time. If anyone questions, just tell them that you are visiting. They can't prove it otherwise.

People who have changed their registration., get in here.

Omg. It takes like 5 minutes tops and a buck or two on the DMV website and DONE...

Doesn't solve anything about a city sticker however. That's Chicago's bulshit for ya.
    Builder Of Badassery
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    Omg. It takes like 5 minutes tops and a buck or two on the DMV website and DONE...

Doesn't solve anything about a city sticker however. That's Chicago's bulshit for ya.
    Builder Of Badassery
    Awesome. Thank you.

You can avoid the city sticker if not registered it Chicago. I have that with the van.

Thread Information