Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Retiring

Retiring

Will last Friday I was let go from work. I was a fall guy and I was one of the top paid guy's. So they called me in to HR and said they are letting me go. No warning at all. Been in aviation for 44 years.

So looking to see what to due and jobs around here paying that kind of money there just is none.

So I have made up my mind to retire. I turn 65 next month. I am retired from the Army and with SSN I will be fine. The good thing is I have a good friend that wants me to come work for him on his hotrods and he has two airplanes that need some work. Plus no time clock and no one standing over me.
    03MM 300A Build date 06/03/02 Production #446Tilogy S/C Kit#4 387RWHP 364RWTQ, Addco front and rear sway bars,Factory Spoiler,Auto,Auto Meter Gauges ,Boost,Air/Fuel,Trans. Temp. Oil and Volt. All are real working gauges now.Badgeless Grill,J Mod
    Metco D/S Loop,Boxed Lower Rear Control Arms
    New Made Upper Rear Control Arms
    Boxed Watts Link,Ford Finned Rear End Cover
    Colex Caps: Oil,Water,Enter Cooler,Power Steering,Master Cylinder and Windshield Washer
    Daniels Coil Covers and Buttons,Nitto 255/45 front
    Widen Rear Wheels with 295/45 Nitto's,Zack's Big Brakes, Rear Drilled a slotted rotors,TCE Braided brake lines,Pro Guard Skid Plate,Summit trans pan, New Exhaust.K&N Cold Air Intake,JLT Catch Can,fastblackmerc door seal plates, pedal covers and Mustang dead pedal.

CONGRATULATIONS Bob!!

Same thing happened to me back in 1995......BEST thing that ever happened to me in my career and I ain't looked back!!

Now go have some FUN doin' what YOU wanna do!!
    No Marauder

Congratulations but you should have exhausted your unemployment before retiring. It is the American way!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Mathis View Post
    Will last Friday I was let go from work. I was a fall guy and I was one of the top paid guy's. So they called me in to HR and said they are letting me go. No warning at all. Been in aviation for 44 years.

So looking to see what to due and jobs around here paying that kind of money there just is none.

So I have made up my mind to retire. I turn 65 next month. I am retired from the Army and with SSN I will be fine. The good thing is I have a good friend that wants me to come work for him on his hotrods and he has two airplanes that need some work. Plus no time clock and no one standing over me.
    Congrats!!!!! I'm sure the family will love having you around more.

Build# 1979/3214
    Year 2004
    300B
    Ext. DTR
    Int. Dark Char
    FINALLY BOOSTED!!!

RETIRING?

Congratulations! I retired in 2001 and I had just four hours to make up my mind. Our company took the first 400 and then it became 400 plus after all was said and done.
    I took the "package" and ran.
    Thanks for your Military Service!
    Good Luck!

If you come to Indianapolis, I've got a 64 Fairlane that needs some work.

Good Luck Bob, One Door closes and another one will Open

Every bad situation is a blues song waiting to happen.

The good thing is I have a good friend that wants me to come work for him on his hotrods and he has two airplanes that need some work. Plus no time clock and no one standing over me.

^ That sounds like a great plan. Have fun there and congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Recent new owner of a 2004 SB
    RIP 2003 Black 300A

CONGRATULATIONS BOB!!!!

Know the feeling.... retired last January 2013 after 30 years with IBM... the best thing I've ever done! Consultant work is great! 50% more pay and 75% less work and the benefits are better!
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by martyo View Post
    Congratulations but you should have exhausted your unemployment before retiring. It is the American way!!!
    Absolutely, I think under the current administration you can extend it to as long as your in continuing education, I say go for that 8 year plan.......

But really, sounds like you have a plan in order, and you get to "tinker" AND get paid...... I say good for you, you have worked long enough, now enjoy life a little.
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

Congrats ,33 years with METRO Transit (wmata) Washington DC ,member of Amalgimated transit local 689 .-I love Detroit Diesel , Cummins ,Allison -E drives, powertrain products, but I do not mis them , and in addition to making the. AM line and pre planning maintenance . Enjoy your favorite crafts and welcome to the wonderful world of retirement ...
    Roger that

Assembled 8/25/03. In service 11/5/03.[Safford Lincoln Mercury] . Returned from Service to Dundalk Lincoln Mercury 7/12/11 Adopted and reassigned to Street Duty 7/29/11 .at Car Center [Waldorf Ford] /Waldorf MD. # 27 of 997 silver burch #103 of 3214 Sold Oct 17, 2015. Replaced with 2016 XLT Explorer with 3:66 gear 4WD [ interceptor package] In addition 2015 -V6 Mustang added to the corral April 17,2015 with Roush upgrades .February 2018 upgraded to Explorer Sport , Ford blue ,intake upgrade, intake mod, Unleashed super tune, Governor removed. 1969 Mark III ,Forest Green still in fleet. Carlisle favorite .

Best of luck with plan!

With out a doubt after 44 years you will miss the early AM alarm.....NOT

Enjoy the good life.
    Member # 383.

2003 Marauder Black.

Build 8/13/02

Launched 9/28/02

Sold May 16, 2018

#3,646 of 7,839 black '03

1995 Ford F-150. Mark III 2wd, reg. cab

2011 F-150 Lariat crew cab 4X4 3.5 L twin turbo Ecoboost

Fate rarely call upon us at a monent of our choosing.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/index.html

Sounds like an age related law suit to me. Settle for a couple hundred grand and go fishin'.

With your retirement pay from the military, coupled with your Social Security benefits, plus any money you squirreled away, you should be able to do survive well as a retired man rather than working your butt off!!!

Yes we will be fine just trying to get things worked out.
    03MM 300A Build date 06/03/02 Production #446Tilogy S/C Kit#4 387RWHP 364RWTQ, Addco front and rear sway bars,Factory Spoiler,Auto,Auto Meter Gauges ,Boost,Air/Fuel,Trans. Temp. Oil and Volt. All are real working gauges now.Badgeless Grill,J Mod
    Metco D/S Loop,Boxed Lower Rear Control Arms
    New Made Upper Rear Control Arms
    Boxed Watts Link,Ford Finned Rear End Cover
    Colex Caps: Oil,Water,Enter Cooler,Power Steering,Master Cylinder and Windshield Washer
    Daniels Coil Covers and Buttons,Nitto 255/45 front
    Widen Rear Wheels with 295/45 Nitto's,Zack's Big Brakes, Rear Drilled a slotted rotors,TCE Braided brake lines,Pro Guard Skid Plate,Summit trans pan, New Exhaust.K&N Cold Air Intake,JLT Catch Can,fastblackmerc door seal plates, pedal covers and Mustang dead pedal.

Yes we will be fine just trying to get things worked out.
    If you feel that you were wrongfully discharged, it never hurts to speak to an attorney and most will meet with you for little or no consultation fee.

Also speak with your financial advisor.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information