Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Return Fuel System Noob Question

Quote Originally Posted by mad1stgen View Post
    Here's another option that worked for me on several setups up to 500rwhp with stock supply and return sized lines (5/16). I'd imagine that with an upgraded fuel pressure regulator and a -8 feed line it might work for your goals as well.

KB makes that adapter piece for certain year GTs, but it works great on the 99-04 Cobra rails. Provided there is enough room on the marauder, it's something to consider. Yes, it adapts a standard Ford style regulator to returnless style rail.
    I have pics of your setup from years and years ago, I never knew who made that piece. Thanks for sharing that KB makes it!
    Ex Panther Owner

Here's another option that worked for me on several setups up to 500rwhp with stock supply and return sized lines (5/16). I'd imagine that with an upgraded fuel pressure regulator and a -8 feed line it might work for your goals as well.

KB makes that adapter piece for certain year GTs, but it works great on the 99-04 Cobra rails. Provided there is enough room on the marauder, it's something to consider. Yes, it adapts a standard Ford style regulator to returnless style rail.

Certainly a good suggestion. I called KB. They said their adaptor is for stock size fuel regulators only.

I may give the "dead head" return system a try. I can always change it down the road. Thanks everyone for their input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Recent new owner of a 2004 SB
    RIP 2003 Black 300A

^^^ Definitely let us know how this works out for you, it might save me some plumbing some day! lol
    Ex Panther Owner

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    I would rather my regulator make fuel pressure adjustments after the fuel injectors are consuming fuel, not before it.
    that is a key to high volume fuel demands. regulate after the engine is fed.
    feed the engine, set and monitor pressure after injectors, when set pressure is reached, the regulator opens the return line to relieve/maintain.
    sent from my rotary phone using Technicolor

2004 SILVER BIRCH/BLACK PAINT
    DARK CHARCOAL NUDO LEATHER
    #400 of 997 (SOLD)

2004 CV LX SPORT
    ALL BLACK, 6 DISC, TUNED MZT (SOLD)

2004 300A MM BLACK
    1 OWNER CAR, NO OPTIONS
    DAILY DRIVER

2013 DAYTONA R/T
    SUPER TRACK PACK
    DAYTONA BLUE PEARL
    #1763 off ~2100
    NOW WITH A 392 & 3.73 posi!

Return Fuel System Noob Question

For whatever is worth. I spoke with Aeromotive (see post #3). They indicated in the setup they illustrate ("dead head") the pressure in the feed line upstream of the regulator is the 'same' as the pressure downstream of the regulator. The key is rather sufficient pump flow. I would say 'same' is relative considering a dynamic system. They also indicated 600 hp should be no problem with that setup and stock rails. We'll see. Stay tuned.

Last edited by Jeronimojc; 11-24-2014 at 10:03 PM.
    RIP 2003 Black 300A

Quote Originally Posted by chief455 View Post
    that is a key to high volume fuel demands. regulate after the engine is fed.
    feed the engine, set and monitor pressure after injectors, when set pressure is reached, the regulator opens the return line to relieve/maintain.
    This is how I prefer to run my regulators ^^^
    But everyone is different, no shame in that
    Ex Panther Owner

There has been STUPID H.P. made with deadhead systems. Like I said before, the ones I've read up on were done for heated fuel reasons, something I am all too familiar with... By placing the regulator in a place that gets decent air flow and not returning fuel through hot ass rails, and across a hot engine, it's that much less heated the fuel gets and how much more run time you have on a hot day before your fuel pump overheats and fails.

This is probably what I will be plumbing up on mine even though I have custom made rails originally off Triple Threats car.

I haven't chosen a pump(s) yet. I was hooked on running a external for the cool plumbing look out back but the more I think about it, simplistic is best in the long haul.

Self proclaimed Builder Of Badassery.

Buy it, Break it, Build it BETTER.
    "Since 2004"
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeronimojc View Post
    Certainly a good suggestion. I called KB. They said their adaptor is for stock size fuel regulators only. ...
    You can always run one of these with that adapter.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ae...FQQSMwodbxMAFQ

97 M8 5.0 6Speed

Stock ? - yeah right ...

Quote Originally Posted by massacre View Post
    I simply modified a B-head OEM return-style fuel rail to fit the C head intake by cutting off the B head tabs and welding them in the proper locations. Then I had them chromed.

I do want to try an aftermarket FPR so I might have some neat fuel rails for sale!

Very nice!! Maybe you can keep your good looking rails if you do as mad1steng pointed out below. The KB adaptor is $65. The inlets and outlets are -6 AN though.

EDIT: Actually, you wouldn't even need the adaptor. Correct?

You can always run one of these with that adapter.

Last edited by Jeronimojc; 11-25-2014 at 09:12 AM.
    RIP 2003 Black 300A

Correct, even better news I wouldn't need the adapter!
    Ex Panther Owner

Yet another option if you guys want to run a stand alone regulator with a -8 line between the rail and the regulator ... http://www.foreinnovations.com/product_p/22-904.htm
    97 M8 5.0 6Speed

Stock ? - yeah right ...

Fore makes great stuff, I know a dude who used to design stuff for them.
    Ex Panther Owner

Yet another option if you guys want to run a stand alone regulator with a -8 line between the rail and the regulator ... http://www.foreinnovations.com/product_p/22-904.htm

Nice find. It looks like it mounts to a stock fuel rail. There are probably many different possible configurations. These two come to mind, but someone else should confirm. I like the one on the right (less rail mods). Will need to cap fuel rail stock feed tube. What do I know.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417031029.823038.jpg

RIP 2003 Black 300A

4 miles from insanity and 2ft from broke!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeronimojc View Post
    Motown, I appreciate your advice. Please don't take offense to this; I get what you are saying, but I am the type of person that likes to understand how things work.

My question is is there a major flaw in setting up a return system the way I sketched it up and if so, where is the flaw?

I know it isn't ideal considering the small stock fuel rails; I know it isn't customary; I know no racer would be doing something like this... I am simply inquiring about the logic.

Thanks!

A little late to the party with my response check out this link scroll down to figure 1-2 is exactly how my fuel system is plumbed and the best way to do it.
    http://aeromotiveinc.com/wp-content/...3101-09-14.pdf
    04 MERCURY MARAUDER build date:02/11/04
    ITS ALIVE !!!!!!!!

STAY TUNED!!!!!!!!!!

**WHIPPLE 4.0L CRUSHER!**0000 (FOR NOW) RWHP

VISIT MY GARAGE FOR A FULL LIST OF MODS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information