Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Homecoming Defyant Marauder: 10 years later

Happy Homecoming Defyant Marauder: 10 years later

Hard to believe it has been 10 years to the day since I bought my Marauder new. I remember buying this car because of my familiarity with the CVPI and Ford performance. At the time, my first wife had a 2001 Mercury Villager mini van that was acceptable, but boring. I also had a 98 Cobra Mustang. That car was sweet, named, you guessed it, Defyant Cobra. The plan was to dump the mini van, keep the Cobra and the Marauder. All was on track until I explored the hidden recesses of this web site.

I discovered just how rare these cars were. I did not know Ford cancelled production when I took ownership. Damn, I had a modern classic in my driveway! At the time, this community was much more dynamic. Oil wars, supercharger wars, drag racing wars, bling wars, you name it wars were in full swing. What ever side or products you aligned with, Logan was the man with the buttons and didn't hesitate to show you the door. Eaton swaps were only a theory. THIS was the only place to be for these cars.

My Marauder had a paper tag and was bone stock. Smelled new and had tits on the tires. The very first mod was to take out the extra piece of insulation over the OEM sub on the rear deck. It has been a slippery slope of mods ever since. Lisa kept the Villager, I sold the Cobra, Defyant Marauder was born and then the modding got serious.

I'll spare the details, most of you know the car or you can click the link in the signature. With in 5000 miles, most of the main go fast goodies were done. I wanted to do it right (IMO) and enjoy this car the way I envisioned it should be. Over the last ten years, Defyant Marauder has taken me all over the country for various get togthers. From Michigan to Florida to countless trips to Long Island, NY and everywhere in between, this car has done her job well! Despite the abuse of drag racing! I've only had on major failure - the transmission. And that is totally my fault thanks to that huge burnout at SSHS7, November 2007. Even still, She got me home safe and quit 2000 miles later!

Above all, this car has connected me with people and new life long friends across the country. I am eternally grateful for that. I dont get to the meets as often as I used too. In those days, I'd take off work to hang out. These days, I work on my days off for extra cash! Being a single Dad, I need what I can get! I'm lucky in that I really enjoy my work.

Today, Defyant Marauder is "track retired". She's not going to go any faster with the current mods. I think 12.0x all day and a dip into the 11.9's is respectable enough for this car. She is resting in the garage with 85872 miles on the clock. Ready to go on another adventure. She has a few "marks of character" here and there. Like tattoos, there is a story for each. She may not smell as new, and the tires have been swapped out so many times, I've lost count! But she has nicer tire tits on those Nittos!

So here is a to ole reliable Defyant Marauder; You have truly lived up to your motto of "Comfort, Class and Hair on Fire Performance."

11.98 @ 115 mph
    "Comfort, Class and Hair on Fire Performance."

Quote Originally Posted by DEFYANT View Post
    Above all, this car has connected me with people and new life long friends across the country. I am eternally grateful for that. I dont get to the meets as often as I used too. In those days, I'd take off work to hang out.
    Congrats on 10 years, Charlie !! The DEFYANT Marauder is legendary among the beginnings here. I certainly am glad to call you a friend. Even remember your first outing in MarauderLand with the CAM members at Big Bat's on the Eastern Shore of MD. Here's to 10 more years of fun !!
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328
    Dark Blue Pearl with Light Flint interior(1 of 215)

Black Pearl "Aarrrrr Type"
    '12 Taurus SHO 3.5 L Ecoboost V6 24V DOHC DI Twin Turbo
    (365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478
    Tuxedo Black Metallic with Charcoal Black Leather interior (1 of 415)

Member Capital Area Marauders (CAM)
    since April '04

Bluerauder's Garage -- Pics and Other Info

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

Quote Originally Posted by Bluerauder View Post
    Congrats on 10 years, Charlie !! The DEFYANT Marauder is legendary among the beginnings here. I certainly am glad to call you a friend. Even remember your first outing in MarauderLand with the CAM members at Big Bat's on the Eastern Shore of MD. Here's to 10 more years of fun !!
    Thanks Charlie. MarauderMark took a pic of me following him there where we met. We hooked up with BigDogJim along the way. I'll have to dig it up and post it.

11.98 @ 115 mph

Congrats on the ten year anniversary ! I would of loved to been here in the earlier days,,lots of Dedicated Members and info and glad a they are still around.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thumbs up Happy Homecoming

Great post!
    2004 Trilogy #93P 12.2@113 Built and stalled

Here is the earliest pic that I could find. CAM Meet at Big Bat's, 20 Feb 2005. Recognize any of these guys ?? No car pics .... weather must not have cooperated that day.

Turnout for that meet was a little thin .... Haggis, Ladyhawke, Mike Poore, Merc, DEFYANT, MyTMerc and Bluerauder. I think that the March 2005 "Super Rod" magazine was the one that profiled "NAVCHAP's" car. I had him sign that edition when we were in Detroit for MV III/Woodward Dream Cruise.

Here are the first pics of your car that I could find from the CAM Meet at Big Bat's, 9 April 2005 ...

Last edited by Bluerauder; 10-28-2014 at 12:22 PM.
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328
    Dark Blue Pearl with Light Flint interior(1 of 215)

Black Pearl "Aarrrrr Type"
    '12 Taurus SHO 3.5 L Ecoboost V6 24V DOHC DI Twin Turbo
    (365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478
    Tuxedo Black Metallic with Charcoal Black Leather interior (1 of 415)

Member Capital Area Marauders (CAM)
    since April '04

Bluerauder's Garage -- Pics and Other Info

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

This is the pic MarauderMark took en route to that first meet.

11.98 @ 115 mph

Still having those night terrors of comparing our time slips from Cecil, Capital, Atlanta...?

Fun times with you Bro and a bunch of great memories!!!
    Last edited by Cheeseheadbob; 10-29-2014 at 02:19 PM.
    Just another clown on a bike...

As good as any man, better than none.

Former owner of a highly modified and very fast Marauder.

"You CAN fit a square peg into a round hole, all you need is a big enough hammer." -Original

Tits is not in the filter!

Nice write up!

Enjoy another ten years.
    "Bye Bye, Johnny B. Goode."

Great post on a legendary ride and your MM.net experience!
    03 Black MM: Trilogy #19, Build Date 04/02/03 #7113
    03 SB MM: Lidio Tune/JLT CAI DD Build Date 04/02/03 #7114

Kewl read! Cheers to another ten!
    04 twin turbo Marauder custom made by myself 😁
    3800stall freddy Brown 4stbe trans 31 spline rear
    601rwhp 592rwtq @19psi

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseheadbob View Post
    Still having those night terrors of comparing our time slips from Cecil, Capital, Atlanta...

Fun times with you Bro and a bunch of great memories!!!
    It was the best of times, and the worst of times! Haha! Bro, the stories of us at the track are my favorite! Even when I won, I somehow lost! LOL

11.98 @ 115 mph

Getting in the time machine on our run back from Detriot...
    Quote Originally Posted by DEFYANT View Post
    It was the best of times, and the worst of times! Haha! Bro, the stories of us at the track are my favorite! Even when I won, I somehow lost! LOL
    Just another clown on a bike...

As good as any man, better than none.

Former owner of a highly modified and very fast Marauder.

"You CAN fit a square peg into a round hole, all you need is a big enough hammer." -Original

I give this thread three thumbs up!

Quote Originally Posted by martyo View Post
    I give this thread three thumbs up!
    Looking back , I wish I bought a MM in 07 as opposed to 11
    Roger that

Assembled 8/25/03. In service 11/5/03.[Safford Lincoln Mercury] . Returned from Service to Dundalk Lincoln Mercury 7/12/11 Adopted and reassigned to Street Duty 7/29/11 .at Car Center [Waldorf Ford] /Waldorf MD. # 27 of 997 silver burch #103 of 3214 Sold Oct 17, 2015. Replaced with 2016 XLT Explorer with 3:66 gear 4WD [ interceptor package] In addition 2015 -V6 Mustang added to the corral April 17,2015 with Roush upgrades .February 2018 upgraded to Explorer Sport , Ford blue ,intake upgrade, intake mod, Unleashed super tune, Governor removed. 1969 Mark III ,Forest Green still in fleet. Carlisle favorite .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information