Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Euro Marauderville 2016

The majority of people could only confirm their attendence 1 month prior to the meet because of how their employers give out their work schedules so by the time they were ready to make a hotel reservation the official hotel was already booked out.

Therefore we now have a second official hotel where most people will be staying at for the event.

Overnight Tagungshotel
    Humboldstrasse 30-36
    DE-50171 Kerpen
    Germany

2003 Black 300A Dark Charcoal, #499 of 6978 built 06/04/02
    3.88 gears, dual fuel propane conversion.
    2003 Silver 300B Light Flint, #166 of 417 built 04/22/03
    TCE/Wilwood big brake kit, SW headers and cats, Flowmaster mufflers
    1999 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series Touring Sedan
    Dual exhaust, dual fuel propane conversion
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT Sport Package
    Holden HSV GTS body kit, dual fuel propane conversion
    Previously: 2003 Audi A6 Avant | 1999 Ford Fairlane AU

Sorry for the last minute update. Things took a turn for the marauder so can't afford to make it this year. For sure next year though. Can't wait to see pictures though

Don't forget to tell your American cousins the times on Friday when you will be at dinner. Are you still on for Miss Peppers American Grill.

Our plan is to Skype call you at 2:00 USA-Cleveland time, which is 8:00 PM Germany time.

Hi Guys

Well it's looking a bit grim for me at the moment, I can only hope the protests are over by Friday but I am not holding my breath

Prostests in Calais

For the record I am in full agreement with the protesters, the sooner our spineless politicians send all these *****ing immigrants back to wherever they come from the better.

Regards

Dereck

I am"The Pondside Pain In Your Posterior"

I'm sorry to hear that Dereck.

Have you got any other possibilities to reach the continent? I've used the DFDS ferry service to Dunkerque a few times, it'll add some time to your journey but the Dunkerque ferry is not so busy which makes it for a much more relaxed crossing than going via Calais.

If nothing else there's also the Harwich - Rotterdam ferry which however is an overnight crossing, I've done it once and wasn't a fan of it but if all others routes are shut it might be worth looking into.

Just throwing out some ideas, hope to see you on Friday!

Hi MG Driver

We will be making every effort to get onto the continent.

At the moment all the trains and ferries are running normally the problem will be if they reduce the channel crossings and it starts to back up on my side.

Regards

Dereck

I am"The Pondside Pain In Your Posterior"

Euro Marauderville 2016 - Pictures

Okay folks, it's almost been two months since Euro-Marauderville. I have been busy moving house into another city so I didn't have much time for anything else lately. Just this week did I get around to sort the pictures on my girlfriends camera that we took and here they are.

Euro-Marauderville was quite chaotic. We started our convoy on Friday afternoon, met up with Esilar in his 04' SB from Berlin and MEC_MAR in his 03' BLK from Münster at an Autobahn rest area near Dortmund where we set off to Cologne together... right into the weekend rush hour.

Eventually traffic started to clear and we had a relatively good run down to Cologne able to get our speed up to 120 mph at times before...

... traffic started to back up again in the Cologne area. On our way we learned that MaRauder2 who was working his way up from Switzerland in his 04' BLK blew his air suspension and was stuck at a rest area near Kaiserslautern about 100 miles south of Cologne. He was running larger rear tyres and his rear being all the way down was rubbing on the tyres so he couldn't continue. Some of your guys who are active on Facebook may have seen his struggle being posted up at the time.

To be continued in the following post...

In the mean time we finally arrived at our hotel in a Cologne suburb, whole two hours behind schedule!

We continued on to Miss Peppers American restaurant where Dereck, his wife and his 03' BLK from England were already waiting for us for over 4 hours. We also had a local guy, Peter and his wife with their 10' Grand Marquis joining us who heard about our meeting online.

Whilst having dinner we tried to assist our Swiss friend who was still stuck with a blown air suspension on the phone. We eventually discovered that, having a 2004 with a small spare, it might just give him enough clearance to move on. He was able to crawl up to Cologne on his small spare and arrived in the early morning hours, having no suspension at the rear whatsoever his back was aching so all he wanted upon arrival was a cold beer and a warm bed.

On the next morning our first stop was a tire shop to get a set of smaller tires for our Swiss friend so at least he could drive normally again although still looking like a rowrider.

Last edited by MGDriver; 10-27-2016 at 05:03 AM.

Back on the Autobahn we had to part ways. MaRauder2 was called in for work the next day so he had to head back to Switzerland and, still having no suspension at the rear, he had to take it slowly. MEC_MAR received an emergency call from home, apparently his mother was rushed into hospital not being well so he also had to go home. Dereck, Esilar and myself made our way down to the Nürburgring where we were supposed to meet Merchil and his 03' SB who drove up from Ingolstadt that day.

There is no direct Autobahn route to the Nürburgring, our way led us on twisty country roads and through tiny little villages which made it for a nice relaxing cruise.

We met up with Merchill at the world famous Motorsport Paddock at the Nürburgring and it was time for a group photo together with the "Rebel With A Cause" banner that the site administration sent us!

Unfortunately having beautiful weather out there the Nürdburgring Nordschleife was rampacked full and they wouldn't let us on for a lap so all we could do was to take some more pictures with our cars.

A bit disappointed we were heading back to Cologne but we had some fun on the way back. Esilar and Merchil were racing their Silver Birches, forming a rolling Marauder road block, 2003 vs 2004 who might have won?

Rolling in for dinner at Miss Peppers again late at night. After dinner it was time to say goodbye to Dereck as he was staying in a different hotel and was heading off early in the morning on the next day.

Euro Marauderville 2016

Great pics of your get together. Thanks for posting. Wow ... Representation from Germany, Switzerland, England .... And Berlin too !! Love the road and Autobahn pics. Memories for me.

Seems like MaRauder2 took the round-about way up from Switzerland through France to end up on the A6 near Kaiserslautern. I lived near there in the 70s and again in the 80s. Maybe the Autobahn from Basel north is too congested now. That used to be a nice trip.

Too bad that he couldn't get his car looked at in Kaiserslautern. If I had to break down or have a problem in an American car, that would be the perfect location since that entire area is a major US presence with Vogelweh, Landstuhl, and Ramstein Air Base.
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328
    Dark Blue Pearl with Light Flint interior(1 of 215)

Black Pearl "Aarrrrr Type"
    '12 Taurus SHO 3.5 L Ecoboost V6 24V DOHC DI Twin Turbo
    (365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478
    Tuxedo Black Metallic with Charcoal Black Leather interior (1 of 415)

Member Capital Area Marauders (CAM)
    since April '04

Bluerauder's Garage -- Pics and Other Info

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

From our hotel window the next morning, can you find the Marauders?

Oh, there they are! Last group photo before it was time to say goodbye and hopefully until next year.

On my way home I was following Esilar for half of his way to Berlin so pretty much until my doorstep I still had the great sight of a Marauder rear end ahead of me which was fantastic! My last photo shows his Silver Birch with the Cologne skyline in the background.

Euro-Marauderville Statistics:

Marauders in attendence: 6 + 1 Grand Marquis. That's 30% of the entire Marauder population in Europe based on my 20 car estimate.
    Nationalities in attendence: 3 - Germany, England, Switzerland. That's 43% of European countries that to our knowledge have Marauders registered in them.
    Colors in attendence: 2 - Black, Silver and that's the best we can do since we don't know of either a Blue or a Red Marauder in Europe. Of course that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
    Years in attendence: 2 - 2003, 2004 yes that's a 100% here!
    Miles travelled: 1730 and that's 2780 kilometers for us metric folks.

• Dereck - 03' BLK - Somerset, England - 500 travelled miles that's his second longest distance award in a row!
    • Esilar - 04' SB - Berlin, Germany - 360 travelled miles
    • MaRauder2 - 04' BLK - Aargau, Switzerland - 340 travelled miles
    • MEC_MAR - 03' BLK - Münster, Germany - 90 travelled miles
    • Merchil - 03' SB - Ingolstadt, Germany - 320 travelled miles
    • MGDriver - 03' BLK - Paderborn, Germany - 120 travelled miles

Euro-Marauderville 2017:

Yes there will be a third one, hopefully less chaotic then this time. Planning will start concurrenctly with Marauderville MVXV in the States and we will probably choose the same date as them again in the hopes that next time a group conference may acually work.
    Thus far possible locations have included the tiny country of Luxembourg and the German cities of Frankfurt and Stuttgart as well as my hometown of Paderborn which as I have found out actually lies close to the midpoint of all of those that have attended this year.

Should do Frankfurt next year and meet up at chipotle or hooters for food haha

By far hands down one of the coolest posts on MM.net

Way to represent

Hi Marvin:
    Thanks for the update and the pictures. We are in the planning stages right now for our Carlisle Pennsylvania, Marauder weekend, in June. This is a car show that blows your mind...thousands of Ford products, and around 50 are Marauders.

On a side note: Joanne and I are making plans to visit Austria and Switzerland this year. Can you tell that we like mountains. Two years ago, we toured all of Germany, from the north to the south, and then back north again. This past summer, we crossed Canada by train, and then took a cruise ship up to Alaska. The Rockies were our target.
    Next summer, it is the Alps again.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information