Thread: C6 Servo Adjustment

C6 Servo Adjustment

I have little experience with automatics, so thought I'd ask before hand. My C6 was built with stronger internals, and the shop told me I could adjust the servo 3/4 of a trun max to soften the shift. Is this as simple as removing the 4 bolts, and then ??????????? I appreciate the time someone would take to provide a brief description of what is to be done.

You can adjust the shift points by adjusting the vacuum modulator. Follow the vacuum line down to the modulator near the back of the pan on the transmission. Pull off the vacuum line. Use a small allen key wrench through the metal tube where the vacuum line was attached. (I don't remember what size allen key) Turn the screw inside the modulator. Tightening the crew I believe will make the shift later( firmer) and loosening the screw will make the shift earlier (softer). Don't make too big a change - 1/2 turn - at a time and see how the car drives
    03 MM 300A (7/25/02)
    Both options

Thanx Vern

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas C Potter View Post
    the shop told me I could adjust the servo 3/4 of a trun max to soften the shift.
    Hmm... Were they talking about adjusting the vacuum modulator? Or backing out the intermediate
    servo band adjustment bolt?

If you want it to shift earlier and softer overall at part throttle, that would be the modulator. But this
    won't affect WOT shifts. If you're looking for less whack from 2nd gear, particularly at about 2/3 throttle
    or more, backing out the band adjustment a bit might help. I would take small steps though, say 1/4 turn
    at a go, and definitely don't exceed 3/4 turn overall from where you are now.

The intermediate band adjustment is the sqare-headed bolt with locknut that's on the driver's side, just
    above the manual linkage. C6 has only one band. The locknut has a molded seal on it, and it's usually
    recommended to replace the locknut whenever you adjust the band. Most often I'll reuse the nut unless
    the seal is mangled, but be aware if you reuse it, it might leak.

The normal procedure for intermediate band adjustment on a stock C6 is to torque the adjuster screw to
    120 in/lb, then back out exactly 1 turn. But you'll find, depending on the builder and the application, this
    can range from 3/4 turn to 1 1/2 turn. It'd be nice to know what your transmission builder recommends to
    begin with, in case you need to start over, and also for doing periodic band adjustments.
    Cheers,
    Jeff Cook

'03 Marauder 300B, Dark Blue Pearl, Dark Charcoal/Flint interior, Badgeless front and rear, 4.10s and Lidio Tune

yeah the servo cant be adjusted...but the intermediate band can. the servo applies the band.
    former owner...2003 marauder black

vortech air/air reichard 3.4 pulley
    dr exhaust w/ mac stainless mufflers
    baer 14in brakes, stainless hoses
    4.30's
    31spline mosers, auburn pro, tfs girdle
    dynotech shaft
    305 nittos

sold!

Thread Information