Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lidio going to Fla.....

Lidio going to Fla.....

Hey CAM'ers,
    I read that Lidio may be going to Florida to tune some of the Sunshine State guys cars. What do you all think of trying to put together the same sort of a deal with Lidio to come to the DC Metro area. We have a lot of MM's in this area I am sure we could make it worth his while. Also I MAY have a guy who will let us use his dyno if Lidio is comfortable with using someone else's equipment. I wont try and work that out for sure until I see if anyone is interested in trying to put this whole thing together. The Florida guys are doing the tunes on the street and stating the 3-5 folks can get tuned at 500 a car taking somewhere around 4 or 5 hours per MM, running Friday (arrive in town), Saturday (Tune cars) and Sunday (fly Home). If it is done on a dyno the time may be shorter so possibly more cars... We pay to fly, house and feed Lidio while he is here for the weekend. By building the cost into the tunes.... I know I would pay 500 for a custom Lidio tune especially if it was done here locally..

What do you guys say can we put a "Lidio Dyno Weekend" together for CAM or what?

Post up and let see what we can do....
    regards,
    ~mike

2K4 DTR
    Trilogy #160
    some other lil' stuff.....

You've peaked my interest.

I would love to have Lidio come down and tune my car.

James Brown #140 "Say It Loud" Except in Bristol
    Merc's Garage
    MagnaFuel ProTuner Series 750 MP-1403
    Stainless Steel Works full exhaust
    SCT Advantage III Ford Pro Racer Software
    600.59 rwhp 559.91 Torque @ 20 lbs Boost
    2.3 Whipple Intercooled Supercharger
    BC Automotive Stage4 transmission
    03 Terminator built by Chris Vining

Im getting my TRILOGY kit in april. Im driving 10hrs. up to michigan just to have him do my install and tune. Having him come down here would be cool but i doubt it would be in april.

Count me in for sure. It just needs to be the "right" weekend, meaning not one that I am away on vacation in August.

What a great idea. Let's get it going.
    No Matter Where You Go, There You Are.

I may be interested as well
    Trilogy #112 (self installed)

- Trilogy S/C (Stock pulley/tune) - 4.10's - JLT - SS Inserts - 4" Megs -

12.99@106.2mph (for now)

I would do it in a heartbeat! Lidio, please come to DC Metro!

Jon
    2004 Mercury Marauder, dark toreador red/dark charcoal interior
    Born On Tuesday, May 18, 2004
    Sequence Nos.: 2,991 of 3,214 ('04), 10,829 of 11,052 (total) & 926 of 980 (DTRs) & 1 of 2,000 '04s without moonroof
    Purchased On Friday, October 22, 2004
    Sold On Wednesday, February 29, 2012
    Final Miles = 099871
    6 CD Trunk Changer, Heated Seats, Alternative Auto Performance Tune, Borla mufflers (#40652),
    "Powered By Ford" 2005 Ford GT Coil Covers, Aeroforce OBD2 Scan Gauge, Replacement Autometer Oil Pressure Gauge,
    McGard Wheel Locks (#24130), 2005 oil filter drip deflector

yes!......yes!!!!........yes!!!!!

I want to have Lidio tune my Marauder after the Procharger install, but I would have to take it to Jason @ JPC Racing in Glen Burnie have him tune it to get it running well.....
    THEN drive it out to Detroit for a custom Lidio tune.

To make that scenario even MORE costly, Jason supports Diablo tuners, while Lidio supports SCT.

I don't want to buy TWO different tuners and pay for TWO custom dyno tunes....

Nothing against Jason, as he really knows his Mustang/Modular stuff...but Lidio knows S/C Marauders like no one else!

Lidio, PLEASE come out to our area and I WILL FINALLY INSTALL MY PROCHARGER!!!
    2020 Ford Ranger STX DFI Turbo 2.3L 10 speed Auto
    2017 Ford Fusion Sport DFI Twin Turbo 2.7L V6 6 speed Auto (14.000 ET bone stock in 82 degree heat)
    1985 Mustang GT 5.0 Hatchback 4bbl 5 speed manual (525 HP 363 Dart block/AFR heads with Magnum 6 speed in the works)
    1984 Mustang GT 2.3 Turbo Convertible FI. 5 speed manual
    1966 427 Cobra (ERA) 468 all Aluminum FE 2x4bbl 5 speed manual

SOLD : 2003 Mercury Marauder FI. 4 speed Auto
    w/Crower Cams & Springs, +1mm SS valves, mild port job on the cylinder heads.
    Extrude honed intake w/PHP spacer.
    Kooks Headers w/2.5" High Flow Cats & X-Pipe, Magnaflow mufflers, OEM tailpipes w/Megs Tips
    B&M Trans cooler w/fan, Level 10 Shift Kit, Art Carr Hughes Deep Sump Trans Pan,
    SVO Rearend Girdle, Redline Gear lube; OEM 3.55s
    'Real Gauges' + matching Trans Temp, Oil Temp, Water Temp, Fuel Pressure, Vacuum/Boost Gauge
    Built: 10/15/02 Bought: 12/16/02 Sold: 10/15/18

I`m interested as well,need to find a motor first.

Ok so here is the definite list so far. How many are we looking for? In a weekends/few days time how many tunes can Lidio realistically do?

In reply order:
    1.Shami02
    2.Merc
    3.Dr.Doom
    4.Sweetair
    5.Jonroe
    6.Joe Walsh

That is 3 a day for two days, approx. 3 hrs a car.

$500/tune= $3000.00 for tune, airfare and room and board for Lidio.

Will this work? I'm not trying to push this along, am I?
    Last edited by sweetair; 03-27-2008 at 07:47 AM. Reason: correcting reply order
    No Matter Where You Go, There You Are.

I sent an email to Lidio today, I will post up when I hear from him....

Cross your fingers....
    regards,
    ~mike

2K4 DTR
    Trilogy #160

Talking Lidio answered my email....

OK guys,
    Please See below the email Lidio sent in response to my questions about a tuning trip to our area... We need real commitments, and money up front, as well as some preparation to/for the tuned cars (I'll get details and send them out when I get them from Lidio). Someone needs to coordinate this and deal with collecting the money, paying Lidio, making travel arrangements and whatever else Lidio would require for this adventure. I started this thread so I will volunteer to be the point person on this, unless someone else has a desire to handle logistics for this endeavor. Let me know your thoughts on a coordinator type person. Well that's all I have for now.. Here is Lidios response to my email...

"As a rule I generally try not to do much out of town traveling and tuning once it gets to be later then mid March, and then I’ll get back into it usually in mid to late November. I’m interested for sure… but it’s just not looking good for me for the next several weekends. The reason I’m going to Florida when I usually wouldn’t travel for this type of thing is because of some special circumstances with the new twin-screw from Trilogy, and an issue with a F-150 with one of Jerry’s blower kits.
    If I had to say what weekend would be my first available, it would have to be the weekend of May 3rd.
    Generally I get to where I’m going early on Friday and then try to be on a plane headed for home by some time Sunday night. I try to start tuning by mid day on Friday and all of Saturday. I really can only handle about 5-6 tunes of this nature unless they are all mostly predictable tunes that haven’t deviated to far from the norm that I’m used to seeing, then I night be able to handle more. But I’m very thourall, and do lots of street driving to handle trans related tuning too. I’m not limited to just the dyno (if we dyno most or all of these).
    I’m very picky on how I set up automatic shift stuff, and the owner of the car can go with me to potentially tweak any other things to suite his trans shifting related needs.
    If this becomes a reality, we’ll need to get some commitments, and prepare the cars for a wide band provision for the A/F device I bring. And make sure other aspects of these cars are ready for the other upgrades that may be done to them in lieu of my visit. Things like better fuel pumps and MAFs etc. "
    So folks it looks like we may be able to get "the man" down here for a tune weekend possibly the 3rd of May if we hurry. So post up and let get this thing put together.

Have a good weekend folks,
    regards,
    ~mike

2K4 DTR
    Trilogy #160

I'm still in. I hope I qualify. I'm stock using Lidio's remote tune right now. I'm not sure what he means by preparing the car ahead of time. I need to know what that means in my case. Jon
    2004 Mercury Marauder, dark toreador red/dark charcoal interior
    Born On Tuesday, May 18, 2004
    Sequence Nos.: 2,991 of 3,214 ('04), 10,829 of 11,052 (total) & 926 of 980 (DTRs) & 1 of 2,000 '04s without moonroof
    Purchased On Friday, October 22, 2004
    Sold On Wednesday, February 29, 2012
    Final Miles = 099871
    6 CD Trunk Changer, Heated Seats, Alternative Auto Performance Tune, Borla mufflers (#40652),
    "Powered By Ford" 2005 Ford GT Coil Covers, Aeroforce OBD2 Scan Gauge, Replacement Autometer Oil Pressure Gauge,
    McGard Wheel Locks (#24130), 2005 oil filter drip deflector

Exclamation The Local Tune-In Weekend Is Definite Pay Up ASAP

Ok guys,

Lidio is coming the weekend of the 3rd of May. I will be making his travel plans later this week and will notify everyone of the details. The basic loose schedule is; Arrive early Friday morning (5/2/08) and start tuning around lunch time. Tune throughout Saturday day (5/3/08) and wrap up any outstanding troubles, hassles or whatever on Sunday (5/04/08) morning and depart early afternoon Sunday. He would prefer to do only 5 cars but we have 6 commitments so he will try and do the 6 of us if there are no real issues it should be possible.

The real requirement is I need $500.00 from each committed tune candidate ASAP. This money will cover Lidios travel, lodging and food as well as the tunes themselves. (BTW you each will need an SCT or similar device to load the tune…)

The first six names (listed below) committed early and get first chance at a slot. If I have your money by the end of the week you are in, otherwise your slot is up for grabs…. First one with the money gets the slots. The only real preparation requirement for your car is it has to have an O2 sensor bung welded into the exhaust ahead of the cats.

I will discuss all of the other logistic details, data about your ride and other pertinent information with the participants off of the board either via a conference call or email or something...

The bottom line is time is short and travel arrangement need to be made ASAP so if you are interested contact to me some how very very soon about making your payment so we can get this trip finalized. PM or email me with payment info ASAP.
    Those who will be tuned by the Lidio 5/2/-5/4/2008
    Shami02
    Merc
    Dr.Doom
    Sweetair
    Jonroe
    Joe Walsh
    regards,
    ~mike

2K4 DTR
    Trilogy #160

One down....

One down a misunderstanding, in communication eliminates Dr. Doom form the list he will be going to MotorCity for his tune... We are down to 5 verbally confirmed... I need to hear from you guys soon....

Those who will be tuned by the Lidio 5/2/-5/4/2008
    Shami02
    Merc
    XXX out of playDr.Doom XXX will not be attending the tune-in
    Sweetair
    Jonroe
    Joe Walsh
    regards,
    ~mike

2K4 DTR
    Trilogy #160