Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tune question?

Quote Originally Posted by NavySeabee View Post
    I've tried passing with a tune installed when I first got the car. Doesn't pass here in RI.
    Probably to many monitors turned off. PM Marty at Mo's, he can probably help you out. You will need your PCM code which is located on the drivers side door opening near the hinges. It's a four digit code. White sticker.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Man View Post
    Probably to many monitors turned off. PM Marty at Mo's, he can probably help you out. You will need your PCM code which is located on the drivers side door opening near the hinges. It's a four digit code. White sticker.
    I don't have anything turned off in my tune and it passed from '05 to "13 or '14 here in NY. The problem wasn't a failure for any codes found in the computer. The problem in NY is the NY software won't even recognize that the computer exists w/aftermarket tune installed! The tech spent 30 minutes trying to figure out which fuse was blown. I told him the car wouldn't be running if that was the case (I only let this guy do the inspections!). Returned to stock and reset all the sensors/drive cycle and problem fixed - same tech and equipment could now see the computer in my car! Had to do it every year since.
    SOLD '03 300A Black - "805" of 7838
    Plate - "EVILMERC"

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Gillom Rogers: [Books is giving Gillom a shooting lesson] Mr. Books, How is it you've killed so many men? My spread wasn't much bigger than yours.
    John Bernard Books: First of all,friend, there's no one up there shooting back at you. Second, I found most men aren't willing, they bat an eye, or draw a breath before they shoot. I won't.

I passed emissions here with the Lido tune that came with the car, only monitors are F and CC all others are off. The tune is a bit on the fat side, in the near future I'll be reaching out to Marty to get a tuner and one of his tunes. I'll likely ask to keep all the monitors off except F and CC.
    1987 GN running 10's. 2003 MM Blue Sold and dearly missed!
    2003 Black 300B
    Procharger P1sc with air to air intercooler
    3,000 PI converter
    4.10 Eaton posi 31 spline carrier
    Moser 31 spline axles
    Koos headers, with custom stainless exhaust, Megs tips
    Carbon fiber drive shaft
    Metco control arms
    Every autometer procomp gauge in the catalogue

Took mine in to be inspected this morning. FLUNKED! I only put 40 miles on it using the stock tune. I'll take a nice ride this weekend and the computer should be ready for another try on Monday. Good thing they give you 2 tries $55.00.

Also something I didn't think about. It would have failed without my front plate anyway. Need to get that on this weekend also. Fn' RI!
    2004 DTR
    Born 9/25/2003 Adopted Aug 11, 2010
    #175 of 980 DTR, #537 of 3,214 2004

Lidio Tune, K&N CAI, 4.10s, FlowMaster40s, SS Braided brake lines, SS Bumper Inserts, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler, Lip Spoiler, Grill & Trunk Badges by Daniel, Audiophile 6L8T18C815FD.

Quote Originally Posted by NavySeabee View Post
    Took mine in to be inspected this morning. FLUNKED! I only put 40 miles on it using the stock tune. I'll take a nice ride this weekend and the computer should be ready for another try on Monday. Good thing they give you 2 tries $55.00.

Also something I didn't think about. It would have failed without my front plate anyway. Need to get that on this weekend also. Fn' RI!
    Make sure it sits for 8hrs OFF after your Sunday cruise. Can't remember exactly what needs all that time but it's computer related. Overnight should be sufficient.

After using "The Car Chip" I can detect when my car is ready for inspection in the environmentalist State of Massachusetts. You can Google the product.

Quote Originally Posted by Krytin View Post
    I don't have anything turned off in my tune and it passed from '05 to "13 or '14 here in NY. The problem wasn't a failure for any codes found in the computer. The problem in NY is the NY software won't even recognize that the computer exists w/aftermarket tune installed! The tech spent 30 minutes trying to figure out which fuse was blown. I told him the car wouldn't be running if that was the case (I only let this guy do the inspections!). Returned to stock and reset all the sensors/drive cycle and problem fixed - same tech and equipment could now see the computer in my car! Had to do it every year since.
    This is what I'm afraid of. They start turning away any car with modified PCMs. How are supercharged guys doing emisisons in NY?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'04 Marauder #357 of 3213 - Built and Eaton swapped - "MERCD"
    '21 F150 XLT 5.0 Sport
    '18 Chevy Malibu Redline
    '15 Mustang GT, performance package
    '01 BMW 740i M-Sport, manual swapped
    '97 Lincoln Town Car (black on black)
    '10 Harley Ultra Limited
    '08 Kawasaki ZX6R
    '03 Grand Marquis(sold)

I will never understand anyone with a modded car who doesn't possess the most basic scanner that shows if you will pass or not pass an emission test.

They even make ones so simplistic with a green or red light for people who don't understand the tough language of monitors! Like N/A, INC/not ready, and ready..

Sent from my iThrone using Tapatalk
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    I will never understand anyone who owns a Marauder that doesn't apply the most basic approach to resolving the issue.

Fixed it fur ya
    The twins2.3 whipple/aluminatorVortech V-2 lots of goodies

Current marauders
    04 DTR totaled JUST NOW starting to part out 7-21-2021 https://youtu.be/REUxjP1BVpg

04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop Whipple Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop V2 Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Converted
    03 DBP Light Flint #122
    03 DBP Dark Charcoal #232
    03 Silver Birch 300b Light Flint Going to fix er up
    03 Black 300a
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal moonroof in the works

04 Heaton Swapped DTR
    Joe's Wrecked DTR rebuild thread

Come online and ask questions? What did I win?

SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

I will never understand anyone with a modded car who doesn't possess the most basic scanner that shows if you will pass or not pass an emission test.

You're right, Bob. Talked to FORDFRK (Jack) at Carlisle about the one he recently picked up and will be picking up same shortly....no more ridiculous guessing games.
    2004 Silver Birch

Silver Birch Society

"I hear and I Forget
    I see and I Remember
    I do and I Understand"

Wait a second....am I understanding correctly? If you unhook the battery, you need to reload the tune?

Quote Originally Posted by Davco View Post
    Wait a second....am I understanding correctly? If you unhook the battery, you need to reload the tune?

No.

It just starts the learning cycle over for the tune that is loaded.

WLB
    BB#1) 1996 ImpalaSS - 16,500 miles - 100% stock
    ______________________________ ___________

BB#2) 2003 Marauder (300a) - 34k miles - Daily Driver
    #2912 of 7093
    Conceived 8/6/2002
    Delivered 9/19/2002
    Adopted 8/10/2011
    Trilogy 242 - Self Installed 9/9/12 (0-60 5.5 sec)
    Pioneer 6x8 Front
    Legacy 600w 6x9 Rears
    JL 6.5 SubWoofer
    K&N CAI
    Window tint 50% rear/35% front
    FBM CHMSL with Strobe mod 7/1/12
    DR Deep Aluminum Trans Pan
    Sparta FOMOCO Racing 8.8 Girdle
    Mo's Dyno Tune
    Gorilla Nuts - The System
    Ford Racing 4.10s, 31 spline Cobra carrier & axles 7/1/12
    Powder Coat Axle Housing 7/1/12
    CME HP Rear Control Arms & Watts Link 7/1/12
    ______________________________ ________________

Rex "SC Cheesehead" Weinbender 11-14-13
    Ed "Baaad GN" Linthicum 8-6-2014

They even make ones so simplistic with a green or red light for people who don't understand the tough language of monitors! Like N/A, INC/not ready, and ready..

The more I look into it, the more I think I will have to swap injectors, plugs, and stock tune while removing the blower belt to pass emissions...
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'04 Marauder #357 of 3213 - Built and Eaton swapped - "MERCD"
    '21 F150 XLT 5.0 Sport
    '18 Chevy Malibu Redline
    '15 Mustang GT, performance package
    '01 BMW 740i M-Sport, manual swapped
    '97 Lincoln Town Car (black on black)
    '10 Harley Ultra Limited
    '08 Kawasaki ZX6R
    '03 Grand Marquis(sold)

I wish I had the money for a supercharger, but I'm just happy I don't have to worry about stupid inspections in my area.

Nice to live in a small town in a (somewhat) free state. No vehicle inspections, I carry a gun every day, the school still says the Pledge of Allegiance every morning, don't have to lock up the house to run to the store, no riots when the cops shoot a criminal...
    2003 Marauder... the gentleman's hot rod.

You know what I like best about most people? Their dogs.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information