Thread: Lighting Module recall

Lighting Module recall

I know there has been some discussion here in the past - could not locate it....
    Anyway - I was at my Ford dealer for some info check-up and I asked about the recall status on the Light Control Module for the Marauder...

Ready for this -----Service/Parts depts tel me they will not have the replacements until March 2017

Does anyone have any better information ????

My recall notice stated that I would be contacted when the part is available. I will be putting mine into storage next month, and it won't come out until April or May, weather dependent.
    Built: 3/16/2004
    Number 9,879 of 11,052 for Total Production
    Number 2,040 of 3,213 for 2004 Model Year
    Number 663 of 980 Dark Toreador Red Produced
    Dark Charcoal Interior - CD Changer - Heated Seats - Trunk Oganizer - Moonroof - Rear Deck Spoiler
    Trilogy S/C kit #224 installed August 2010
    Detroit Tru-Trac 31 spline with 4.10 gearset
    Must - Go - Faster !

Quote Originally Posted by dickmerc View Post

[/B]Does anyone have any better information ????

I took mine in to the dealer not long after I got the letter from Ford. They did the check and said that my LCM qualifies under the program replacement. Said that they would call when the part was available. That was over a year ago ... And no call yet !!
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328
    Dark Blue Pearl with Light Flint interior(1 of 215)

Black Pearl "Aarrrrr Type"
    '12 Taurus SHO 3.5 L Ecoboost V6 24V DOHC DI Twin Turbo
    (365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478
    Tuxedo Black Metallic with Charcoal Black Leather interior (1 of 415)

Member Capital Area Marauders (CAM)
    since April '04

Bluerauder's Garage -- Pics and Other Info

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

They have them in stock but only dole them out as needed.

First there was the extended warranty where they will replace it if it fails and then there is the recall.

My daughter's car started acting up with them not turning on some of the time unless you kick the LCM. So I called up my local dealer and the service writer said they will replace it if the lights go off when driving not if they won't come on. I then said yeah it went off when she was driving and then she said let me see if we have on in stock. She said yes and I said give me your first available appointment.

I dropped it off the night before using the key drop. I called the next afternoon and that service writer said why is your car here we don't have an appointmet for it. Then told me I must have made an appointment with another dealer blah blah blah. Finally said we don't have one but another dealer has two and we will get one tomorrow and put it in.

So yes they are available but not in sufficient quantities to service the recall. So unless you tell them the lights went out while driving down the road they won't replace it.

So for me it is one down and two to go.

Does anyone have the part number for the LCM ??

Quote Originally Posted by dickmerc View Post
    Does anyone have the part number for the LCM ??
    I offer LCM repair. I replace all the internal relays with upgraded relays and a 40A external relay for the headlights. I guaranty it for the life of the vehicle.

PM me if I can help you out.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

I took mine to a dealership and they had the part in two days. They are replacing 4 for me

I agree with repairing the existing one. It seems the failure point is the headlight relay which is an undersized solid-state piece. The addition of a BOSCH or P&B relay will add more then enough capacity for current and be a permanent fix. I don't know if the replacements have different components or if they're the exact same prone-to-fail as OE. Personally, I would not trust our local dealerships with a potato gun let alone digging under my dash (or yours) with many of the aftermarket goodies we all add. It seems like more problems would arise from a small cure.
    '04 Silver Marauder w/ sunroof - HID lighting, JL Audio / Eclipse DVD/NAV/iPod/camera, 4.10's, 2" drop, Progard Bumper Baffle, Delete tips, Billet Pedals, BC4E dead pedal, Lidio Tune, Mach1 chin spoiler, K&N CAI, TCE lines, Super40's, tinted tails, SS Inserts, Heinous Control Arms, Real oil gauge, lighted door handles. Currently installing Eaton M112.

2004 Mercury Marauder
    Born March 2004, adopted October 2005. Sold January 2012, adopted AGAIN January 2016
    2,187 of 3,214
    997 in Silver Birch
    448 with light flint interior
    304 with heated seats
    336 with sunroof

I got the same run around, wait until 2017. It should not take 14 months to complete a recall, shows their interest in " customer service" is lacking. This is on top of a known problem they created 13 years ago. What happened to " Quality is number one" ? No your grandfathers Ford Company anymore.

Recall letter postmarked Jan 26th 2016 - service estimated date March 2017.

300A
    July 25,2002
    CD Player
    Mod: sunroof, SS hose even flow, triple gauge console, all led bulbs, SS brake lines
    2902 of 7839

Another option is to buy the lcm out of your pocket and take it to a shop to replace it. Then take the recipts to ford and they will refund you the part and labor.
    2003 Mercury Grandma on steroids

Thread Information