Thread: HRDW 2016

HRDW 2016

I survived Hot Rod Drag Week 2016!!!
    Competed in an 03 MM with 170K on it.
    Had a great time, but it was one of the hardest things I have ever done.
    Being a first timer at my age and competing solo ranks it right up there with the STUPIDEST things I have ever done.
    Before I left to compete I thought-- how hard can it be to drive 1300 miles to get to Hebron OH, drive 250 miles each day to another track for 4 days and drive 1300 miles home.....
    The tracks weren't 250 miles apart so they gave us directions ( sometimes vague )that ran us on back roads, with check points to make sure we stayed on course.
    The next mourning it was go to the track, unload the car,change tires. make a pass,change tires load the car and head for the next track--repeat-repeat.
    MM averaged 15.53 for the 5 days

I saw you a couple times on the live feed. Was wondering if you were on here. We wanted to go to Marauderville then hit up Hebron since it was close to see if we could get in, which we could have, but work got in the way.
    ~Chris

Congrats! I too watched you on the feed. I was registered but the Marauder was not done and I didn't want to race the Mustang for the third year in a row so I bowed out. Will you go next year?

Next year?????? It took me 10 years to make it to this one.I put together the 86 T-Bird that son Beep drove in SSBBNA.He and son Jim finished the car for me and I told them to do whatever they wanted with it.Jim was trunk monkey on Grandson's 68 Torino. Son Jason was to come with me but merger problems at work prevented that. When I mention next year, the wife just rolls her eyes and walks away. I would like to have something that would be competitive in some class, but I think the MM is the safest (fastest) car I should drive.

Thread Information