Thread: BFGoodrich G-Force KDWS $89 TireRack

BFGoodrich G-Force KDWS $89 TireRack

Tire rack says they have a special on the BFGoodrich G-Force KDWS 235/50ZR18 for $89. Is this really a good deal???

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....AKDWS&i1_Qty=2

I've seen them as low as $74, but with the price of petroleum products going up, you better buy them now if you need them. I'll need fronts by winter. I'm tempted to buy two and store them in my rafters of my garage until fall.

What about the rears, is 152 a regular price or is it often lower ?
    6621 of 7839.
    R.I.P

I do not recommend these tires. The fronts are H rated and the rears are V rated, meaning they will have softer sidewalls and poorer performance characteristics compared to stock. With a treadwear of 520, the compound is going to be very hard and consequently have less grip. These are considered All-Season Highway tires, not performance tires. The Tire Rack ratings for these tires were only moderate in comparison to most performance tires used on our cars.

Im going to need tires very soon thanks to my new trilogy. Im thinking about doing the eagle F1-GS- D3's. I really like the way they look on the car.

Don't forget to use the Tire Rack link on the home page. TYIA
    MOK

|Administrator, MM.Net | International Director of Membership|

--------------------------

I don't brake for curves!

The eyes may be the doorway to the soul,

but the voice is the chariot to the heavens

Blog Entries
    I wouldn't buy the BF Goodrich if my life depended on it. I hated the originals and the KDW2s even more. The tires you are referring too are the noisiest darn tire I ever owned in my life. The more I drove the louder they got and the car actually vibrated from them. My mirrors actually vibrated while I was driving. $ 89 is a good deal since I paid in the high hundreds a few years ago when I bought them. The tire noise got so bad after 44 K I said I can't take it any more. SO I spent $ 190 for the Goodyear Eagle F1 P 235 and I think $ 194 for the same tire for the rear in a P 255 and they are the quietess tires I ever owned. Only problem is they are a no go in snow and ice. They are not all season but we get little snow and ice where I am. I would never buy a BF Goodrich again. Two sets and two disappointments. Go Go Go Goodyear! And be sure to get road force balancing when you do. And Consumer Reports had an edition a few months back where they rated performance tires and they gave the BF Goodrich a black circle for tire noise. Man are those things loud. With the Goodyear Eagles I can actually hear the rumble of my Magnaflows and when accelerating I can hear them even better. The BF Goodrich tires wouldn't allow me to hear anything! I wouldn't take the BF Goodrich if someone gave them to me for free!

Blog Entries
    Me Too Dr. Doom. Forgot to add in my earlier reply how great they look on the car!

Thread Information