Thread: 03 300A for sale/trade 157K miles $8000

03 300A for sale/trade 157K miles $8000

Hi Folks. Sorry to have been absent for many months but was dealing with family health issues which just didn't go the way I prayed they would and now I have funeral expenses to deal with.

I bought the car from the original owner in California who is a trusted long time friend. He bought her new as his company car and I purchased it after he rolled up 100K on it. He is the quality director for the company and is a car nut so it was perfectly maintained and stock up until then. The mods I have listed were built to add a little performance but also to make it reliable and bullet proof (after some wise counseling from Dennis).

The car has never been wrecked or damaged in any way other than me busting the thin part of the lower valance on a wooden garden retaining thingy when I backed out of my driveway. I have it held together with 2 large washers and a small black nut and bolt which you cant see but it can easily be mended by someone at a body shop, cheaply I would think.

The car has no major dings and a bit of the paint blister/chipping in the hood and trunk but over the time I've owned the car I've used a dab of touch up paint here and there on them. One scratch on the rear driver's door also has touch up paint on it. The car isn't a show car but the paint is very very nice overall.

Interior leather has one small poke hole (pencil sized) right where a pencil in your back pocket would poke it. Not noticeable to anyone but the idiot that did it (me). The Marauder carpets are there but worn from 150K of driving.

Car has never been abused but has been drag raced about 25 passes worth and has toasted a few cars light to light. It was professionally dyno-tuned at HPP in Dallas after the mods and I have the printouts showing what was done and the increased HP and torque. I auto-crossed it once here and had a blast but didn't harm it. The car does not ever go out of the garage here in the winter months so there are no rust or salt corrosion issues.

I have the original air box as well as the original springs. I also have 2 of the unpolished MM rims with worn Nittos that I kept for playtime. The front tires are the stock Goodriches that have good tread but worn a bit more at the inside and the rears are Eagle F1 255/55ZR's with enough rubber for another season or two. I have new in the box FPP 3.55 gears and also new in box FPP 2.73's (was pondering land speed runs at one point when I lived in cali)). I also have the underdrive pulleys still in the box waiting for installation. The tranny was overhauled last year and the synchro ring that was rated at 5600 rpm was replaced with the higher rpm performance piece (7k rpm I think) to handle the 6500 rpm shifts at WOT. I replaced the side markers with rock auto replacements that look great and I've polished the headlight covers a couple times with Meguiars "PlastX" although they could stand to be replaced at some point. Everything else in the car works well and the car is a reliable daily driver.

I may be open to an interesting partial trade car worth about 3K plus 5K cash (otherwise the $8K for the car with no trade). I live in Fargo (yeah...ick) and any trade would end up being a driver for me or wife. Not interested in a trade car with a V8.

I will get around to posting pics if requested or emailing them to anyone interested but it is a black Marauder that is lowered about 2 inches on Eibach springs and looks pretty much like the other lowered front MM's here. I can work with anyone interested in meeting somewhere mutually convenient but I prefer Chicago as I have family there and need to revisit there soon anyway.

I am not trying to nit pick the car but I am being totally open about any problems that I know of. The Marauder is my favorite car to own and drive and when things are back on track in my life I will be back here to get another. Any feedback as far as my asking price is welcomed also.

You can reply here if you like or call me on my cell phone in the evenings up til about 10PM Central time

Thanks
    John (512) 470-4033
    Last edited by 03calitejas; 03-08-2012 at 01:48 AM. Reason: added the underdrive pulleys in the box
    5062 of 7839 300A's
    SCT tuner 030108 - Gratzi to Donnie SLK Merc
    JLT CAI 030808 - TY to Steve in FLA
    Eibach springs 032408 - KB shocks
    Dark tint
    Manny at HPP dyno tuned- 110808- holy moley!
    31 spline axles and 4.10 gears
    Upgraded driveshaft and loop
    277 HP and 308 ft lbs so far

Steeda underdrive pulleys still waiting to go in.

I think I have the only MM in Fargo and maybe the only one in ND

a bit more info

Yes the car has a clean title. It's best time at the quarter was 14.25 I think and that was on the worn Nitto's on stock 18" rims. Should go 13's with smaller diameter tires I'm told. The car will easily bury the 140MPH speedometer with lots left. I did it once and only once.

Lastly, I have a favor to ask. If one of you frequents the other MM website would you please copy and paste the for sale post? I have nothing against the other website but I had so much fun here and it was such a good source of information, I just never felt the urge or need to go there. Not much of a computer person I suppose.

Thanks again
    John
    5062 of 7839 300A's
    Dark tint

Sorry to hear of your misfortunes.

~But, it makes it a lot easier when he is manscaped.~ Haggis
    ~Cool, I can have one of those strangulation orgasms without the strangle.
    WIN WIN!~ Zack
    ~Who needs to stop? I just wanna gooooooooooo ~ -Matt-

Thanks CBT... yeah, life can be a major pain sometimes. Any feed back on the asking price? Am I in the ball park at $8000? I have never sold anything on E-Bay so I don't think I'll go that route. Will be putting it up on the regional craigs lists this weekend.
    5062 of 7839 300A's
    Dark tint

Pics?
    1993 Miata
    2006 MAZDASPEED6 GT

2007 Corvette Z06 - FOR SALE

Just took her out of the garage and washed her today. Pics coming tomorrow after work...
    5062 of 7839 300A's
    Dark tint

pictures from 3/11/12 + one from el mirage

5062 of 7839 300A's
    Dark tint

more pictures

Ok I think I have the pictures sorted out now. Please take a minute and give me some feedback on the $8K asking price for this MM with 157K miles. Thanks a bunch!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    5062 of 7839 300A's
    Dark tint

The first batch is micro sized.
    1993 Miata
    2006 MAZDASPEED6 GT

2007 Corvette Z06 - FOR SALE

yeah, I didnt resize the first ones to the 100K jpeg file size. I don't know how to get the larger high quality ones posted that a lot of other people manage. If you want more pics of particular areas or want me to email the full resolution originals, just PM me an email.
    Car is now on the local craigs list and will be posting in others later tonight if I find time.
    Thanks
    John
    5062 of 7839 300A's
    Dark tint

pondering a sale/trade for an 03 gran marquis or possibly a 2000 Saab 9-3 turbo (the saab would be for the wife to use as DD). Anyone have experience with the Saab 2.0 turbos?
    5062 of 7839 300A's
    Dark tint

couldn't part with her and found another way to finance the funeral. Thinking I will get vanity plates to remember him by and do some custom artwork on the car now. Had some very interesting offers but am so happy to not worry about someone driving off in my car
    5062 of 7839 300A's
    Dark tint

Quote Originally Posted by 03calitejas View Post
    couldn't part with her and found another way to finance the funeral. Thinking I will get vanity plates to remember him by and do some custom artwork on the car now. Had some very interesting offers but am so happy to not worry about someone driving off in my car
    I think that defines "bitter-sweet". Glad to hear someone who loves his car so much doesn't have to part with it. Good luck!

'03 Marauder - "The Backup" -----> SOLD! Now Marauderless
    Adopted June '09
    K&N FIPK, Magnaflows, SCT Tune, Steeda Underdrive pulley, EMP/Stewart high volume water pump, intake spacer, Autolite XP104's
    4/9/11 Remanufactured Marauder engine installed @ 64,400 miles by GNB Auto Repair, Astoria, NY
    Learn from my ignorance....CHECK YOUR OIL!!!

'72 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme - "The Hulk"...gone to the great junkyard in the sky
    '70 Oldsmobile 442 - "The Keeper"...now alive and kicking

I'm glad it worked out for you. Nice car!
    2003 MM 300A VIN#612384 #950 of 1093. 111k miles. Born 6/10/02.

Sold my Maruader

Just sold the Marauder yesterday to a younger guy here in town that has been driving crown vics and been looking for a Marauder. Hadnt driven her much at all and took her out for a quick wash and over to local Goodyear to have a look under the front end. Parked it out front with the for sale sign and took wifey to the Toppers car show in Fargo...had a lot of fun and was enjoying an after-car-show ribeye with my sweetie when the buyers uncle calls me and wants to know if my car is the "hidden power" Marauder, HDN PWR was the vanity plates I ran last year. Nice to know people appreciatte and remember fine rolling steel. Anyways, his nephew had gone all the way to Minneapolis to look at a MM last weekend and sounded like a dealer car that wasnt what it was billed as...Met with the nephew and took him for a little joyride and 30 minutes later we came to terms and he's now a very happy Marauder owner. His name is Gabriel and he has been reading up on MM.net for awhile. I told him what a great group you folks were so welcome him if he pops in.
    Thanks to all who runs this site and to those who participate in making it so fun.
    Living in Fargo and garaging the MM for more than half the year was just too impractical for me. If we do move back to a warmer climate in the future, I will be back and will be on the hunt for another
    Be well
    5062 of 7839 300A's
    Dark tint

Thread Information