Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Powder Coat Factory Rims

Powder Coat Factory Rims

I just bought this '03 MM 300A this week on the cheap. Factory rims were powder coated "flat black?". The guy says they are flat black but in the sun they look dark grey. I can get them powder coated another color for $250, not sure what to do. Matte Black, Gloss Black, Hyper Silver. I do like the factory polished look, but kinda like the black look. The rims are ruined anyways.

Sorry it's dirty, Rained a little on the way to work.

Look black when not in direct sunlight

Center Caps are Plasti Dipped, for color comparison.

Anyone else have powder coated rims?
    Last edited by rauder88; 10-30-2014 at 08:33 PM.

pics don't work for me
    Here
    Attached Images Attached Images

I would just plasti dip over them and save yourself the money. Black dip with glossifier.

This is Anthracite on my car. I have done this the last two winters with no issues.

Last edited by 8UWITH6; 10-31-2014 at 07:38 AM. Reason: different picture

Chrome them. The Radial T/A's aren't the best tire for the Marauder either.

Quote Originally Posted by 8UWITH6 View Post
    I would just plasti dip over them and save yourself the money. Black dip with glossifier.

This is Anthracite on my car. I have done this the last two winters with no issues.
    I saw your car yesterday, looks great! I was going to try that if nothing else. Thanks. Shouldn't have gotten rid of my first one

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Man View Post
    Chrome them. The Radial T/A's aren't the best tire for the Marauder either.
    If I didn't have to fix the A/C head unit, VAPS module, Rear axles, Radio, and drivers seat belt, I would have them sent out for chrome. I also need a second set of wheels while that happens. Still searching for a set of P71 rims, may have to go to the junkyard... just hoping for a better deal then $65 each then have to get tires on top of that.

Yes the Radial T/A's suck but they are like new. The fronts are Primewell though, they need to go...

PZ900's ugh. I have the Firestone Firehawk Wide Oval AS's on mine. And I also would recommend the Nitto Motivo AS as well.

Maybe see what kinda "chrome" color they can do for you with the powdercoat. I saw some pretty amazing colors including a chrome color when I had my mustang intake and valve covers coated. I think the chrome color looks the best, especially on black cars. My

"RescuRauder", Born on 09/02/2003 & rescued on 04/05/2013. #236 of 3214 and #62 of 1237 in Black. CAI, Some kind of tune, Kooks Headers, X-pipe w/Hi-Flow cats, Magnaflow mufflers, Resonators removed, 4.10's, Metco U&L CA and Watts link, Drilled & slotted rotors, now BOOSTED!! Eaton Swapped 12/29/19!!
    Sold! 1986 Mustang GT Vert, Black, 5spd, new short block, Powerheads, Crower 15511, gears, exhaust etc.

1968 Ford (Galaxie) XL fastback, 390, factory buckets & auto on floor
    2011 Shelby GT500, Kona Blue with SVT Performance Pkg & Navigation, VMP tuned ~550rwhp/550rwtq. Finally Blown!

You could have them blasted, polished and re-cleared for the factory look agian, although it would likly be cheaper to aquire a new set of wheels.

I love my gloss black powdercoat, but they get dirty quick and start looking flat with brake dust.
    I eat apples until my stomach feels much more full than its normal.

Still weighing my options. I may just use these as winter wheels, the powdercoating is very thick and tough, it was done very well. I think I want to put 20" rims on it and lower it. I think that looks really good on our cars. I like the blacked out look, so not sure on what wheel finish I am looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Logizyme View Post
    You could have them blasted, polished and re-cleared for the factory look agian, although it would likly be cheaper to aquire a new set of wheels.

I love my gloss black powdercoat, but they get dirty quick and start looking flat with brake dust.
    Gloss black does seem to get dirty very fast. I had some on my Mustang, you could tell very fast. It was ridiculous when I had Hawk HPS pads on there.

Quote Originally Posted by 8UWITH6 View Post

Ugh....that 86 GN
    What a beaut. So jealous, you got a blue marauder AND a Grand National....some people 😤 lol

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

The BFG handle better than Firestone. I have driven both on upgraded suspension.
    Lifespeed

2004 Silver Birch Marauder 130K miles
    Wilwood Aero6 F, NMDP R brakes, Penske 7500DA shocks, Hypercoil 600lbs F and Grand Marquis R air springs, Addco tubular sway bars, Metco control & Watts, 31 sp axles, Stainless Works cat-back exhaust, Lidio tune, American Racing AR883 9.3" 50mm F 10" 59mm R 20" wheels, Pirelli P-Zero 265/35-20, 275/40-20 tires

Coming soon: Livernois 5.0L stroker, ADTR/Vortech V2 intercooled SC, Silverfox trans and Circle D converter

Quote Originally Posted by lifespeed View Post
    The BFG handle better than Firestone. I have driven both on upgraded suspension.
    I have road raced with both, my own experience is the Firestone's stick/handle way better - dry and wet
    Steven

2004 Marauder Black, loaded
    Vortec S/C
    4.10s
    3500 PI Stall
    Kook's headers
    476.9 rwhp 385 lbs/tq
    KVR's, QA1's, M&Z control arms, rear sway bar
    Lidio tune
    2004 Suburban Dark Charcoal
    1970 W-30 442 convertible twilight Blue

Congrats on the purchase. Tell us more about your car.

Your rims look ok. Save your money for other upgrades plastidip for fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Recent new owner of a 2004 SB
    RIP 2003 Black 300A

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information