Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Soon to be new owner in Kansas

Soon to be new owner in Kansas

Greetings all. I am from South Central Kansas and I am about to embark on a new adventure owning a 2004 Mercury Marauder Silver Birch with 23,000 miles. I have wanted a Marauder since they were first introduced, but ended up in a 2008 new Bullitt Mustang and later a used 2006 Corvette that I still have. I also have a real nice 2003 Mercury Gran Marquis, 2013 Ford F-150 Lariat 4X4 and the wife drives a 2009 Infinity G37x sedan.

I found the Marauder at CarMax in Memphis, Tn and it is in the process of being transferred to my local CarMax at Wichita, Kansas. I can hardly wait for it to get to Wichita. If the Marauder looks a nice as a 23,000 mile car should, I will buy it on the spot, might even trade my Velocity Yellow Corvette for it.

I am looking forward to the discussions here on mercurymarauder.net. I am an avid do it yourselfer and can repair almost anything so I should fit right in.

Thanks
    Bob
    Last edited by Fastbob; 10-29-2014 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Added Yellow to the Vette description

Good luck Bob!
    You have plenty of cars to compare that Marauder against, should love it.
    I wonder what your driving impression is on your 2006 vette? Harsh ride compared to the 2003 Grand Marquis? Or the Infinity?
    sent from my rotary phone using Technicolor

2004 SILVER BIRCH/BLACK PAINT
    DARK CHARCOAL NUDO LEATHER
    #400 of 997 (SOLD)

2004 CV LX SPORT
    ALL BLACK, 6 DISC, TUNED MZT (SOLD)

2004 300A MM BLACK
    1 OWNER CAR, NO OPTIONS
    DAILY DRIVER

2013 DAYTONA R/T
    SUPER TRACK PACK
    DAYTONA BLUE PEARL
    #1763 off ~2100
    NOW WITH A 392 & 3.73 posi!

Quote Originally Posted by chief455 View Post
    Good luck Bob!
    You have plenty of cars to compare that Marauder against, should love it.
    I wonder what your driving impression is on your 2006 vette? Harsh ride compared to the 2003 Grand Marquis? Or the Infinity?
    The Vette is stock and is very fast. I would say the ride is "sporty" rather than harsh. Me and the wife put 900 miles on it in 2 days and found it to be very comfortable. Certainly her Infiniti would have been nicer to take on the quick business trip, but the Corvette wasn't bad.

My 2003 Mercury is just a big old boat. It floats down the highway, is quiet and the split bench is like sitting on the couch. I call it my "old fart's car". I'm 60 so I might just be an old fart. The Gran Marquis will be sold or traded when I do the deal on the Marauder. I hope that the Marauder has a firmer ride than the Gran Marquis and from some research I have done I believe it will.

Bob

Not only "Firmer", but WAY firmer.

Quote Originally Posted by 03blackvegas View Post
    Way firmer and a little bit of exhaust note will be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastbob View Post
    The Vette is stock and is very fast. I would say the ride is "sporty" rather than harsh. Me and the wife put 900 miles on it in 2 days and found it to be very comfortable. Certainly her Infiniti would have been nicer to take on the quick business trip, but the Corvette wasn't bad.

My 2003 Mercury is just a big old boat. It floats down the highway, is quiet and the split bench is like sitting on the couch. I call it my "old fart's car". I'm 60 so I might just be an old fart. The Gran Marquis will be sold or traded when I do the deal on the Marauder. I hope that the Marauder has a firmer ride than the Gran Marquis and from some research I have done I believe it will.

Bob
    Umm, my brother has an 05 Grand Marquis, non air ride, and my Marauder is not really much 'firmer' or 'harsh'. More that it is tighter handling and sporty feeling, but, mine has all new suspension and upgrades, the GM is all stock.
    Marauder will be more spirited by engine, trans and rear gear - but the highway ride might be 'old man' as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by 03blackvegas View Post
    I stepped out of a beefed 4th gen Trans Am into my Marauder, thinking a C6 vette will ride somewhere inbetween = sporty, firm, but tolerable on full day trips.
    I'm 52 and the T/A was old after 3 hours in the seat. I can drive Marauder for 10 hours without even stopping.

#400 of 997 (SOLD)

2004 CV LX SPORT

2004 300A MM BLACK
    1 OWNER CAR, NO OPTIONS
    DAILY DRIVER

2013 DAYTONA R/T
    SUPER TRACK PACK
    DAYTONA BLUE PEARL
    #1763 off ~2100

Wink

Hey OLD "G'' 60 [Fart] , Remember 'EASY' not ..GREASY.. Welcome to the CLUB MM LORL ..
    Roger that

Assembled 8/25/03. In service 11/5/03.[Safford Lincoln Mercury] . Returned from Service to Dundalk Lincoln Mercury 7/12/11 Adopted and reassigned to Street Duty 7/29/11 .at Car Center [Waldorf Ford] /Waldorf MD. # 27 of 997 silver burch #103 of 3214 Sold Oct 17, 2015. Replaced with 2016 XLT Explorer with 3:66 gear 4WD [ interceptor package] In addition 2015 -V6 Mustang added to the corral April 17,2015 with Roush upgrades .February 2018 upgraded to Explorer Sport , Ford blue ,intake upgrade, intake mod, Unleashed super tune, Governor removed. 1969 Mark III ,Forest Green still in fleet. Carlisle favorite .

Quote Originally Posted by 71cyclone View Post
    Hey OLD "G'' 60 [Fart] , Remember 'EASY' not ..GREASY.. Welcome to the CLUB MM LORL ..
    That would be Mr. Irritating old Fart to you, thanks for the welcome! Wish I had a 71 Cyclone....

It sounds like a good find. I think you will enjoy the ride. Look forward to seeing you on the site and hearing about your opinions on the ride.
    2004 DTR Marauder, #423 of 9806
    2004 SB Marauder, SOLD
    2003 Black Marauder, #3029 of 7093
    2003 Black Supercharged Marauder, #1940 of 7093
    2003 DBP Marauder, #225 of 328, SOLD
    2007 Black Shelby GT Terlingua
    2017 Grabber Blue Mustang GT 5.0
    2018 Platinum White King Ranch F150 FX4

Zero Marauders are currently listed on Carmax site......do you own it?

#400 of 997 (SOLD)

2004 CV LX SPORT

2004 300A MM BLACK
    1 OWNER CAR, NO OPTIONS
    DAILY DRIVER

2013 DAYTONA R/T
    SUPER TRACK PACK
    DAYTONA BLUE PEARL
    #1763 off ~2100

Quote Originally Posted by chief455 View Post
    Zero Marauders are currently listed on Carmax site......do you own it?
    No, it should be parked at the Memphis, Tn CarMax lot (out back) waiting for the auto transport to haul it to Wichita. Could take up to 3 weeks to get it. One of the neat things about CarMax is they do a great job keeping up with their website and when a car is sold or put on hold they immediately remove it from the site.

I hope this one goes better than the last encounter I had with them....several months ago they had a 2004 MM SB at the San Antonio, Tx store and I grabbed it to transfer to Wichita and the dirt bags in San Antonio sold it out from under me. That one had 46K on it. The salesman and manager in Wichita were furious and told me they owed me a free transfer from anywhere. The latest MM turned up on a search I had setup on their website. It was only listed for a day before I snapped it up. I am only obligated to go look at it when it arrives.

http://view.exacttarget.com/?j=fe591...77640775771377

Bob
    Last edited by Fastbob; 10-31-2014 at 04:43 AM.

I hope the car turns out to be what you are looking for. Low mile cars are getting tough to find. I bought my blue sight unseen with 30K miles on it and unfortunately have about 80 to 100 hours in paint cleanup/touchup/buffing/polishing, etc. It was worth the trouble though.

Welcome fellow Kansan!!! Keep us updated. You are going to love these cars. I have put 20K miles on mine in less than 2 years which is unheard of for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastbob View Post
    No, it should be parked at the Memphis, Tn CarMax lot (out back) waiting for the auto transport to haul it to Wichita. Could take up to 3 weeks to get it. One of the neat things about CarMax is they do a great job keeping up with their website and when a car is sold or put on hold they immediately remove it from the site.

I hope this one goes better than the last encounter I had with them....several months ago they had a 2004 MM SB at the San Antonio, Tx store and I grabbed it to transfer to Wichita and the dirt bags in San Antonio sold it out from under me. That one had 46K on it. The salesman and manager in Wichita were furious and told me they owed me a free transfer from anywhere. The latest MM turned up on a search I had setup on their website. It was only listed for a day before I snapped it up. I am only obligated to go look at it when it arrives.

http://view.exacttarget.com/?j=fe591...77640775771377

Bob
    they took it from viewing and are transporting it and you have not paid anything? who pays the transfer fee if YOU reject the car upon delivery?
    just thinking about using them one day...good luck with it - you'll love a Marauder!

#400 of 997 (SOLD)

2004 CV LX SPORT

2004 300A MM BLACK
    1 OWNER CAR, NO OPTIONS
    DAILY DRIVER

2013 DAYTONA R/T
    SUPER TRACK PACK
    DAYTONA BLUE PEARL
    #1763 off ~2100

Quote Originally Posted by 8UWITH6 View Post
    I hope the car turns out to be what you are looking for. Low mile cars are getting tough to find. I bought my blue sight unseen with 30K miles on it and unfortunately have about 80 to 100 hours in paint cleanup/touchup/buffing/polishing, etc. It was worth the trouble though.

Welcome fellow Kansan!!! Keep us updated. You are going to love these cars. I have put 20K miles on mine in less than 2 years which is unheard of for me.
    Thanks for the welcome. My main concern is paying 18 Grand for a 10 year old car and its condition. I think the money is on the high side of what it's worth. When it arrives it will get a very close inspection. I would sometime like to see your blue MM.

Bob

Anytime in your in Kansas City feel free. What color interior on the Silver Birch?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information