Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Found another in Pensacola.....can somebody run this for me?

Found another in Pensacola.....can somebody run this for me?

I found another MM on a back lot at a dealership here in town. I looked at it and it appears to be a 300A (lack of traction control button) but it does have a space saver spare. I did notice a fuel door release so that leads me to the 300A. It has the disk changer in the trunk along with the trunk organizer. Previous Owner installed an aftermarket stereo and I saw a amp mounted in the trunk. Here is the VIN:

2MEHM75V73X639856

They are asking $22,900 and it has 22,500 miles. I am thinking about offering 19,000 out the door for it. What does everyone think?

Thanks and Semper Fi,
    Kris

Oh and if it doesnt have traction control does that mean that it is always off? That is how I drive my Cobra so I definitly dont want that little feature messing up some good burnouts (not that I would do that anyway )
    Last edited by 97Snake1668; 01-12-2005 at 02:58 PM.

2MEHM75V73X639856

Build date: 9/26/02
    Warranty start date: 9/20/03
    Miles at initial sale: 477
    Service history:
    12/17/04, 22,716 miles, 1 rear shock was replaced for a leak at Orville Beckford Ford-Mercury
    4/19/03, 32 miles, Variable assist power steering solenoid and module replaced at ASTRO LINCOLN-MERCURY, INC.

Thanks alot Carfixer! Seems like is should be a 300B with that late of a build date. I thought that they started the B's after 08/02? Huh? Thats wierd.

Hey Kris,
    That sounds like one of the last 300A's. 19K sounds fair,.. so offer 18K!

wait a sec,.. you said it had 22,500 miles,.. but the OASIS says it had a shock replaced at 22,716? hmm.....

Quote Originally Posted by Petrograde
    Hey Kris,
    That sounds like one of the last 300A's. 19K sounds fair,.. so offer 18K!

wait a sec,.. you said it had 22,500 miles,.. but the OASIS says it had a shock replaced at 22,716? hmm.....
    I wasnt positive of the actual milage. I just know that it was in the 22,XXX area. I thinnk I will call the salesmen and find the actual milage. I think I might throw them an offer of 18 and see what the do from there.

Semper fi,
    Kris

Quote Originally Posted by 97Snake1668
    I found another MM on a back lot at a dealership here in town. I looked at it and it appears to be a 300A (lack of traction control button) but it does have a space saver spare. I did notice a fuel door release so that leads me to the 300A. It has the disk changer in the trunk along with the trunk organizer. Previous Owner installed an aftermarket stereo and I saw a amp mounted in the trunk. Here is the VIN:

2MEHM75V73X639856

They are asking $22,900 and it has 22,500 miles. I am thinking about offering 19,000 out the door for it. What does everyone think?

Thanks and Semper Fi,
    Kris

Oh and if it doesnt have traction control does that mean that it is always off? That is how I drive my Cobra so I definitey dont want that little feature messing up some good burnouts (not that I would do that anyway )
    It may be one of the predecontened 300Bs. If it doesn't have the traction control button, it is not there at all.

Also, could the amp you saw in the trunk be the subwoofer?? It is located to the left of the spare tire beow the package tray.

Bob

383 4-speed w air grabber

I just left a message on the salesmens phone. Hopefully he will be calling me back with the actual milage soon.

It was an aftermarket amp judging by where it was. It was on the left side but it was mounted on the rear seat area and was mostly chrome. Plus the wiring wanst factory looking. Also could someone tell me what "predecontened" means? I have seen this many times referring to the 300B's but I have know idea what it means. Thanks again.

Semper Fi,
    Kris

Just got off the phone with him...actual Milage is 22,872. I told him I would give him 19,000 out the door (taxes, tags, license included). That TTL would save me approx 1500 just on that... We will see.

Thanks!
    Kris

Just got off the phone with him...actual Milage is 22,872. I told him I would give him 19,000 out the door (taxes, tags, license included). That TTL would save me approx 1500 just on that... We will see.

Thanks!
    Kris
    I'm not an expert on predecontented, but, things like full spare, separate clock, gas door release, underhood lamp, map pockets at the front of the front seats were deleted in the 300Bs. As they were switching over, some cars still got some of the original 300A features. These were called predecontented cars and I'll bet with a 9-02 build you are looking at one of them.

Bob

Now I get it. Thanks Bob for the info! I am waiting for them to call me back on this. I doubt they will but I know it has been on their lot for over a week and the salesmen gave me the "these things dont last long" speach. Oh well, I guess we wait and see.

Thanks!
    Kris

I know it has been on their lot for over a week and the salesmen gave me the "these things dont last long" speach. Oh well, I guess we wait and see.
    :LOL: These cars are nortorious for spending a lot of 'qaulity time' on the lot. My Marauder sat on the lot for 281 days waiting for me to come pick her up! There was one more MM that sat almost a year!

Quote Originally Posted by 67435animal
    These were called predecontented cars and I'll bet with a 9-02 build you are looking at one of them.
    I must have a pre-predecontented 300A (built 5 Sept 02)

Pre- decontented 300Bs started after 11/15/02.

Just my .02 and then some.
    (#6178 in black per FPIC)
    Call 1-800-FORD-788 and press "1". Have the last 6 of your VIN handy. You will get the numbers for FREE. You'll pay $$$ for the certificate.

MM traded in 8/9/13 @ 128909 miles. It was fun for almost 8 years. I met airmercpun on 1/17/14. He was the new owner of my former ride. -Now gone.

Update: back in the game with a late build 03 GMGS with some MM add ons like Escape audiophile radio w/Sirius sat radio, rear sway bar, catback exhaust, and header panel.

Rest In Peace:
    Alex "Marauderboi" Vachon 3/2/92-8/13/10
    Paula Babineau 1/9/67-8/2/11
    Rex Weinbender
    Peter

See my garage file for part numbers and whatnot.

IMHO, this site- the members that I chat with- and the ones that I now Hang with- are like my 2nd family. There is such an ongoing welcome feeling here that even members who don't or no longer own the MM can feel.

Now I get it. Thanks Bob for the info! I am waiting for them to call me back on this. I doubt they will but I know it has been on their lot for over a week and the salesmen gave me the "these things dont last long" speach. Oh well, I guess we wait and see.

Thanks!
    Kris
    Just call him every couple of days to remind him that the money is waiting for him. He'll counter offer.

Bob

See RoyLPita's post...he knows more about the 300A to B transition than I do.
    Last edited by 67435animal; 01-13-2005 at 06:53 AM.

383 4-speed w air grabber

Quote Originally Posted by RoyLPita
    Pre- decontented 300Bs started after 11/15/02.

Just my .02 and then some.
    Royal, has it been determined when the post- decontented models started, or was it a phase-in as they ran out of the old stuff to put on 'em? (spare tires, seat trim, tracton control) I guess, as more data gets added to the SR# database, we'll know answers to more of these questions. One thing's sure, if WE don't do it, the data's gonna be lost forever.

When I went looking for a Marauder, I found the opposite to be true. I located three (using the web) within an hour or so drive of Orlando. All three had been sold when I called a day later with time to go carlooking. I was specifically looking for used with some factory warranty remaining, not brand new.
    White Lightning Kiarauder:
    2011 Kia Forte EX Minisculus Pimpmobilius Extremus
    Built-in Nav, Bluetooth, USB port, aux/ipod jack, ]2 power ports and Sunroof! six speed auto trans w/ Sportmatic, dead pedal, rear-view camera. Voice cmd for radio, sat, nav, cell phone and MP3.
    Four very muscular, steroid-enhanced, genetically mutated, Mountain Dew injected, wild racing hamsters cavorting under the hood.
    ............................... ...................
    Black Thunder:
    2004 Marauder - Black w/black interior
    Sequence number is 39 of 3213
    Traded in 12/12/10
    --------------------------------------
    2003 Marauder - Dark Blue Pearl
    XCalibrator2/Reinhart tune
    Sequence number is 37 of 327
    10/10/2009 ---- Blue Thunder has gone on to a much better place -----
    Martyo's Garage!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information