Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: i blew another motor, what to buy?

car-part shows an engine eight engines within 250 miles of Woodridge Il.
    It also shows there are five Mach 1 Auto engines within 250 miles and seven Aviator engines within 30 miles and probably 15 within 250 miles.

those searches took about 3 minutes with no pain and suffering endured.

Quote Originally Posted by na svt View Post
    Only go to them if you want pain and suffering
    Quote Originally Posted by na svt View Post
    IMHO, car-part.com takes you nowhere of any use. It's a search engine, comes back with suggestions of where you may locate the part(s) you seek. Be prepared for an intense search query. Talk about pain and suffering...

What are we trying to do here? Help a guy out with ideas and resources, right? Naturally, we will suggest that which was a good experience for us, however, others may not have had a likewise good experience with the suggested resource. I respect that, and I am willing to tolerate those who do not agree with my ideas and suggestions, but be a tad more specific, eh? "Stay away from XXX.com" alone doesn't help. Stay away because they are "slow, stupid, used parts sold as new" and so on. Much better advice, eh?

Truth be known, I have done a considerable amount of business with MMR, and find them to be truely professionals I.E. 1) I mailed them a list of features I wanted in a new long block assembly, they replied with a list of their resources, what manufacturers they work with, vendors if you will. 2) I picked the parts I wanted from their list, and allowed them to shop for parts they do not usually stock. 3) They replied with an estimate for my build, with specifications for the components (cams, head work, oil pump, pan, etc.) I wanted to use. Because of disappointments in my past, I decided to test them. I changed a few specs, and they replied, firmly, "we don't do that, and we suggest you do not follow that route. If you must, then go elsewhere". Good, they got scruples, and they stand behind their work. After all, one bad build is all it takes, eh? Just think about the witch-hunt that follows.

4) Next step was commitment, 50% down, they will begin the build. Done. 5) As assembly proceeded, I received e-mails with test results of specific steps. Bench flow numbers behind the port and polish, finals on cam lift and duration, valve clearance, cylinder wall to piston clearance, balancing, and so on. If I was pleased, or not pleased, my build would be set aside until I e-mailed my approval. I liked the numbers produced by my selections, and approved. They replied with a time frame for completion, and when the other 50% would be due. 6) Upon completion, I paid in full, and a ship date projected. 7) Got that e-mail too. Finished, tested, wrapped up and on the truck. Two weeks later, engine delivered. All testing reports on paper and included in the package. Nice detail to have when selling the car, or, making an insurance claim.

One (1) year warranty on the build, three (3) years available at an extra charge. All they ask for, is to inspect all failed parts before they replace anything. That's fair, they can tell when a build has been abused. I took the 3 year option, thinking it may draw a higher dollar if I choose to sell the car down the road. Note: painting the final product is also an option.

This wasn't cheap. I went through the pain of reliable communications, and now I get to suffer through the cost. 9900 bucks. Not cheap no sir, but I got exactly what I wanted, no short-cuts. Took out a short term loan against the title, and had it all paid for (and paid off) in 6 months. You do what you gotta do. The whole process, from first phone call to my signature on the shipping invoice, 13 weeks. The engine was exactly what I asked for, and performs as promised. I recovered a lot of cash by selling off the undamaged parts I replaced, so my investment was a little less. Worth it?

Can't say,, really. Everyone has a different threshold for pain and suffering. But, I am putting down 725+rwhp and 688+rwtq, on a conservative tune with pump gas and a squirt of methanol. To me, it was worth it.

This is my foundation behind my suggestion, my experience with MMR. Your experience may be different, but that needs to be spelled out, not a whispered indictment. Seek out your own best (remember your worst) experience, and speak from that pulpit. Your brothers here deserve no less.

Look over the MMR website, read about the many good things this company has accomplished. Read their history and note their wins. Records, gents. Hard copy records, not second hand stories from "my best buds cousin".

You decide for yourself where to spend your money, K? But, think about MY "pain and suffering" from dealing with MMR.

Y'all be safe.

PS: Why does my screen look funny now? Everything is so tiny I can't read it. Oh well...
    Last edited by SergntMac; 02-27-2015 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Spelling

Many people have been screwed by MMR's parts, service and assembled engines. As for the info on their site, well any company would tout their greatness.

I know of MMR engines that are running great, and I also know about those that didn't turn out so well and the pain the customers went through in trying to straighten it out.

Most everyone knows about MMR and their reputation and that's where I'm leaving this.

I love car-part.com
    Those were the days.........

DANG THEY'RE CUTE!!!!!!
    Smile and Nod
    I love THIS bar

Car-part.com works fine..it's only a search engine for the junkyards that participate in it..it doesn't list parts from places that are not part of their network which lead to know where. Every place I've used car-part for and bought from, I ask if they get a lot of business that way and they all say yes..
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

yes car-part.com good

They quoted me the wrong engine...so I'm still looking.

Check this out guys.
    http://www.psengines.com/FORD8.htm
    The Mark VIII engine is $2600 and the Marauder engine is $3129, why wouldn't I just buy the Mark motor instead? Or the Lincoln Aviator for $2700? aren't both of those identical except for the intake, which would come off of my old motor anyways?

Mark 8 has different heads.

The Aviator timing cover is different I believe.

2004 Silver Birch
    300B
    Build date:9/29/2003, Adopted on 12/02/05
    Exhaust by Greg
    13.630 @ 100.49 mph (11/21/10)

2015 Ford Focus SE Sport FWD
    2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost AWD (377whp/423tq).
    2010 Ford Fusion Sport FWD
    1989.5 Ford Mustang 5.0 LXsport

All sold out anyways.

2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Quote Originally Posted by RubberCtyRauder View Post
    Thank you for the heads up!!! If that motor is still available I'm buying you a case of beer! I joined the forums and messaged him immediately!

Awesome deal there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Recent new owner of a 2004 SB
    RIP 2003 Black 300A

Looks like I might be buying you that case, I'm PayPal ing him the cash tonight!

How much is shipping? Or are you thinkin of going on a road trip?
    Buying things I don't need, with money I don't have, to impress people I don't know!!!
    Production #1489 of 3213/#516 of 997

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information