Thread: measure o/d light??

measure o/d light??

Could someone with quick access to their car run out and measure the Overdrive light?

I want to make up a decal to cover it up and I want to make it the correct size.

thanks in advance!

Umm... I guess I'll be the first to ask. Why?

PS: I don't have any rulers that are that small to measure with. I have a tape measure, but don't want to scratch the glass (err... umm, plastic). Sorry poke!

when i disable the overdrive the light on the dash indcates it. it's too bright - especially at night. i want to cover it up so i don't get so distracted by it.

Just use the "trial and error" process with electrical tape!!!
    (#6178 in black per FPIC)
    Call 1-800-FORD-788 and press "1". Have the last 6 of your VIN handy. You will get the numbers for FREE. You'll pay $$$ for the certificate.

MM traded in 8/9/13 @ 128909 miles. It was fun for almost 8 years. I met airmercpun on 1/17/14. He was the new owner of my former ride. -Now gone.

Update: back in the game with a late build 03 GMGS with some MM add ons like Escape audiophile radio w/Sirius sat radio, rear sway bar, catback exhaust, and header panel.

Rest In Peace:
    Alex "Marauderboi" Vachon 3/2/92-8/13/10
    Paula Babineau 1/9/67-8/2/11
    Rex Weinbender
    Peter

See my garage file for part numbers and whatnot.

IMHO, this site- the members that I chat with- and the ones that I now Hang with- are like my 2nd family. There is such an ongoing welcome feeling here that even members who don't or no longer own the MM can feel.

Slowpoke is WAY too crafty to use electrical tape! Hints the name "Craftypoke Industries."

Hey Slowpoke,try your local window tinter.
    I got a few scraps of various black pieces and covered mine.
    Works pretty well and you can go as dark as you want.
    I like the lighter shade[35%] because it's almost invisible in the daytime! Just pressed it in place for now[static fit],can remove later if You come up with a half inch square godshead.
    Black 03MM-A Bought 8/26/02 Built 6/ 21/02 -SOLD
    IMOA MV1, MV2

2008 Lincoln Mark LT, loaded

eng1neer Guest
    U could take the cluster out and remove the light. If it bothers U that bad. I can get my dash and cluster out in about 10 mins but Ive done it a whole bunch. ( I used to tear apart crown vics for PD installs) The cluster is pretty easy to get out of the car just take your time and keep all the screws and parts together.

Thread Information