Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anybody get a cam sensor code after swapping to the eaton brackets?

Turn the code off in the tune. Problem solved

Have thought about that also.

Iirc the cam sensor is only looked at during starting. If it starts fine just turn the cel off. The sensor will still function

Gotcha. Its started fine everytime with the code and idled and revved fine. The dl's have looked good also.

I really don't wanna turn that code off in the tune incase I actually needed to know if that code meant something at some point. I tried actually wrapping the sensor in tin foil a little better tonight along with having rubber tape under the tin foil. Code flashed on for me. So alt present I get a code with the alt being in that position in relation to the cam sensor. Without the alt present I never got a code. So I'm going to the 03-04 setup cause Ive worked on this long enough and spent money not needed on another alt that didnt fix it. Another guy suggested to me to try a reman ford alt and my dealer couldn't find one for my car or even a Mach1, not saying a larger dealer up north wouldn't have one but honestly to me that's throwing another 2 some odd bills at trying another one so I didn't check anymore with a larger dealer. I'm done with the brackets and yeah I like the idea of them a lot for not having to swap covers and not having the alt on the blower belt but for me the brackets just didnt work out. My bud with the cobra said he knew somebody that might want my brackets and if that falls through then ill either be listing the brackets for sale on here or if somebody is reading this they can pm me cause they'll be for sale shortly. My set is Terry's heavy duty set with the aux idler. Thanks again for all the suggestions.

Jamie R.

You are making a huge mistake.
    It has to be something simple

Simple or difficult problem has the same outcome as in nothing has worked for me on this. The only difference in the other cobra and mine is he has a shade more clearance on the same sensor I have and he has a new ford alt. My original alt is a oem ford and I got the code, got a reman parts store alt to try and I got the code, have had a new ford sensor and a cheapy sensor and have had the code. I've clearanced my sensor just as the other cobra owners is clearanced and have the code. If I take either alt out of the car I don't get the code. I feel like in my case its the close proximity of the alt to the sensor and I don't see any way around that. I could grind the alt bracket some to gain a little more clearance but as you know the alt bracket isn't very wide so I wouldn't gain much if any clearance doing that because there isn't a lot to be had from that. I do like the brackets but for me its time to move on, especially after taking the alt out the car and not getting the code because that let me know my wiring is ok as I suspected because I've never had this code until sticking the alt right basically in front of the sensor. I actually had the term setup sitting on the shelf before ever buying the brackets and wanted to use the brackets instead because I really liked the idea behind them. For me the alt deal just didnt work out. If I knew that yes indeed another ford alt would solve this I'd search until I found one but I honestly don't think another alt will help because I've went through two already. Ill be dusting off the term setup now and another bud of mine is already lining up his violin to sing the I told ya so song because he said to use the term setup. I do wish this had worked out but after a little over a week of seeing this code I'm ready to move on. Thanks again for all the idea to try.

Jamie, just come up and visit some time. We can figure it out and then send you back to the gnats!

I hear ya on the gnats lol. I do appreciate the offer and if I thought this could be resolved I'd drop it off somewhere. I just don't see how this can work unless maybe a reman ford or new ford alt will make it work. At this point after all I've tried I just don't care to throw more money at something maybe working. The term setup is going in first of next week or by this week and the car will be driving again and that's what I'm after. Thanks again.

Jamie R.

You are going to realize that this was a simple fix and be kicking yourself later.

A Termi setup absolutely SUCKS in comparison to the brackets, in both looks and complexity of installation.

Have you verified that you extended the alternator wires correctly?

Have you ran the car with the alternator in place, belt on but all wiring disconnected?

Its something simple man...... hundreds of other people have done the exact same setup as you, with no report of this.

You are going about the solution ALL WRONG.

I don't have to extend my alt wires with my car. No I haven't ran the car with the alt on with the belt and the wiring disconnected. Well let me take that back because last night I started the car three times and my batt light was on but I didn't see the code, hooked the belt up because I had forgotten to put the belt back on the pulley on the pass side and first start up I got the code. The code is no doubt from the both alt and as I have stated I feel like its the close proximity to the sensor in my situation. I'm glad nobody else has had this issue and if they do I feel for them cause its pretty frustrating to be so close to being finished but yet so far away. Simple solution or not the fact remains as long as I have that alt right at the sensor with the alt spinning then I get the code, but no alt spinning then I get no code, well not totally verified on the no spinning part but for sure with it out then I get no code. Looks on the term setup is a moot point and more a personal thing, I'm just after a working solution with no code and that setup get the alt away from the sensor so it should be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie R. View Post
    I don't have to extend my alt wires with my car. No I haven't ran the car with the alt on with the belt and the wiring disconnected. Well let me take that back because last night I started the car three times and my batt light was on but I didn't see the code, hooked the belt up because I had forgotten to put the belt back on the pulley on the pass side and first start up I got the code. The code is no doubt from the both alt and as I have stated I feel like its the close proximity to the sensor in my situation. I'm glad nobody else has had this issue and if they do I feel for them cause its pretty frustrating to be so close to being finished but yet so far away. Simple solution or not the fact remains as long as I have that alt right at the sensor with the alt spinning then I get the code, but no alt spinning then I get no code, well not totally verified on the no spinning part but for sure with it out then I get no code. Looks on the term setup is a moot point and more a personal thing, I'm just after a working solution with no code and that setup get the alt away from the sensor so it should be good.
    Your car is done with a CEL on. Its not a big deal, welcome to the world of modding.
    It starts fine, runs fine and the light can be tuned out.

The alternator in close proximity is not the problem because hundreds of others have done the exact same project.
    Just take your time, find the solution and settle down!

Removing cam covers on a mustang is reason enough not to do the termi setup.

Here are some helpful threads.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...rror-code.html
    http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...ring-help.html
    http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-foru...-fault.721665/
    http://www.newyorkmustangs.com/forum...st-t24591.html

Check Crank Sensor, wiring, and BATTERY.

Seems these mustang guys have excessive AC ripple which throws the code.

Cam covers just have to be lifted slighty and they don't have to come off thankfully. These brackets are coming off cause I'm done with them. If I hear a solution ill try it before pulling the brackets but in my mind I'm out on them. I realize a lot of other people have used the brackets with success, but nothing is perfect and there will always be kink, well I guess that's me. Here's the thing, I've spent maybe a little over 3 bills in just trying parts for this code, if I get another alt to try then ill be a little over 5 bills in just trying to get the brackets to work without a code. Yes I know modding has cels and other things. This isn't my first go around with a stang. This is one code I don't care to delete and sorry but that's just me.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information