Thread: Looking for a good paint shop in the GTA

Looking for a good paint shop in the GTA

I got two quotes today for paint one from a high end shop for $7000 they said they have to strip the car apart and paint it that's the only they work. That's way beyond my budget. The other from Macco for $500-$2700. I don't trust them they could offer me the $2700 package of "good paint" and use the $500 paint.

The car has no rust, few very minor dents. I painted my old CV for $400 and it looked great for 6 months then the paint started falling apart. I don't want that to happen again. Can anyone recommend a good place in Toronto or near the GTA.
    Last edited by tdotcv; 03-31-2015 at 08:01 PM.

$7000 WOOW that's a car price! good luck, what's the color anyway?
    EATON SWAP ONGOING LIST !!!!!!!!!

Eaton M112 Supercharger
    Intercooler
    Lower intake plenum
    Coolant Intake Manifold
    TB Intake Plenum
    Throttle Body
    Cobra air intake tube
    Accelerator cable bracket
    Fuel rails
    39lb. injectors
    Cobra heat exchanger
    lower Metco pulley with hub
    Intercooler reservoir
    90mm Lightning MAF
    MAF to filter adapter plate
    Conical air filter
    Custom Bracket for Intercooler Reservoir
    Custom Gortch Brackets
    Heat Exchanger brackets
    Intercooler pump
    Intercooler pump wiring pigtail
    Intercooler pump bracket
    Ribbed idler pulley
    Belt tensioner
    Alternator Pulley
    Fuel Pump
    EGR delete kit
    New accessory belt
    Cooling tube
    IAT sensor

4 miles from insanity and 2ft from broke!
    7K isn't that far off , if you take your car to macco enjoy it until it rains!
    04 MERCURY MARAUDER build date:02/11/04
    ITS ALIVE !!!!!!!!

STAY TUNED!!!!!!!!!!

**WHIPPLE 4.0L CRUSHER!**0000 (FOR NOW) RWHP

VISIT MY GARAGE FOR A FULL LIST OF MODS

Lot's of variables when it comes to painting a car, the harsh reality is, to do the job the way the factory did, where quality products are used thru the entire process, and the car is removed of all trim, and at least 3 coats of High Solids Clear is used, will set you back $6,000.00, to $10,000.00. When I do a complete, the price starts at $7500.00.

Quote Originally Posted by 03blackvegas View Post
    Lot's of variables when it comes to painting a car, the harsh reality is, to do the job the way the factory did, where quality products are used thru the entire process, and the car is removed of all trim, and at least 3 coats of High Solids Clear is used, will set you back $6,000.00, to $10,000.00. When I do a complete, the price starts at $7500.00.

Thats cool and all but my MM is not going to a car show or on the cover of a magazine... if no i would have one for holidays then another MM TO DRIVE ON MY BIRTHDAYS and one for the weekends... Baller on a budget

Forget paint and find a good detailer who will cut and buff it. Prolly cost 300-500
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Thats exactly what the guy who quoted me 7gs said but I'd rather paint it

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry24 View Post
    Thats cool and all but my MM is not going to a car show or on the cover of a magazine... if no i would have one for holidays then another MM TO DRIVE ON MY BIRTHDAYS and one for the weekends... Baller on a budget
    Please re-read my post, I never said anything about a car show paint job, I did however say to do it like the factory did it. If most people knew what the factory has in place to insure a quality paint job, they'd be very impressed. I've never understood why car enthusiasts buy replacement parts that meet or exceed OEM, but when it comes to refinishing the same car will accept a sub factory refinish job.

Someone I know paints buses for a living. He said he can paint my car in my garage. He will strip the paint to metal and then do body work and paint it. He said on a hot day he'll just let it dry inside my garage. This will barely cost me any money. What do you guys think. I'm very skeptical about this. He is saying he will use special chemicals so the paint drys. I'm no expert but will the garage be hot enough for the paint to dry on a hot day. My garage isn't climate controlled. This seems so ghetto to me.

Quote Originally Posted by tdotcv View Post
    Someone I know paints buses for a living. He said he can paint my car in my garage. He will strip the paint to metal and then do body work and paint it. He said on a hot day he'll just let it dry inside my garage. This will barely cost me any money. What do you guys think. I'm very skeptical about this. He is saying he will use special chemicals so the paint drys. I'm no expert but will the garage be hot enough for the paint to dry on a hot day. My garage isn't climate controlled. This seems so ghetto to me.
    Go with your instincts.... If it seems "ghetto" it probably is. Ask to see other work he's done.

I'd find someone that can do paint correction first. It might turn out pretty good.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

A bunch of them showed up in a search for "detailers toronto canada".

This one looked good
    http://www.californiadetailers.ca/

A good detailer will look at your paint and let you know how or if he can "fix" it.

I'd also check some of the local car forums for recommendations.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by 03blackvegas View Post
    Please re-read my post, I never said anything about a car show paint job, I did however say to do it like the factory did it. If most people knew what the factory has in place to insure a quality paint job, they'd be very impressed. I've never understood why car enthusiasts buy replacement parts that meet or exceed OEM, but when it comes to refinishing the same car will accept a sub factory refinish job.
    +1.

This is a 'get what you pay for world'.

I guess it's very rare to find someone who will kill it for you when it comes to total prep work and paint unless they are someone like Chip Foose and have to give it 110% every time no matter what. I want someone like that.

thank your local enviromentalist for paint costs. 7000 isn't really that bad. they will probably have 1,500-2,000 in materials.

1983 Hurst / Olds 2016 OCA Nationals Best in Class winner
    1985 Monte Carlo SS
    1970 Buick GS Stage 1
    2003 300A Car #2053
    14.6941 e/t @ 97.53 mph w/ JLT intake & MartyO tune

Thread Information