Thread: Marauder Project (needs engine) $2900 obo

Marauder Project (needs engine) $2900 obo

Folks, up for sale is my Marauder. 300A with the rare sunroof option. This is my second Marauder after I sold the first a few years ago as I wanted to get back into these cars again. Unfortunately that won't happen.

Bought it from a seller in Tennessee, and after driving it for some months the engine started developing a knock on the back side (close to the firewall) and don't have the means to fix it or know how to repair it myself. I'd love to have a kind soul giving me a hand in installing a new engine, but otherwise the car is for sale. Car has a clean title.

I believe the knock is a spun bearing but I don't know for certain. I have the valve covers removed and was working on getting the head removed to find out what was the cause of the knocking. I have all the parts taken off the engine in the trunk (intake, throttle body, valve cover, cams, cam chains, rockers etc). This is what I did find though: there were scratches and grooves on the cam's guides and bearings which didn't look good at all. Suffice it to say, I do know this, the engine will need serious work.

Don't mean to insult new members, but I will only sell it to established long time members (or who are pretty active in the community) and not to car flippers (curbstones) due to the title washing problems we all know about. Nothing wrong in making a profit fixing up and re-selling the car, I just don't like it when someone sells the car still under my name.

I have the car listed on eBay, and below is the link if you want to check the car's VIN history via (autocheck eBay). I'm asking $3900 on eBay, but for members here $2900, or best reasonable offer.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321776372900...84.m1555.l2649

Here are the pros and cons.

Pros:

• Body in good shape (with dents and dings throughout the body)
    • Transmission in great working condition (shifted smoothly and firmly before the engine went bad)
    • Sunroof (works great, just needs the water passages to be cleaned as it leaks when it rains, seals are good though)
    • Marauder spoiler (only good for looks, of course)
    • Good interior and seats. No mayor rips, I would give the interior a 8/10. (will take more pics later)
    • AC/Heat worked fine before the engine problem
    • Original stock emergency Marauder rim/tire (rim is damaged though)
    • No rust
    • Been sitting on my lot for a couple months
    • Radio and CD work great
    • Quite a few maintenance receipts from previous owners with some having major service. Will post pics on the service records.

Cons:
    • Engine will need to be re-assembled/rebuilt.
    • Hood will need to be re-painted (clear coat it's gone)
    • Headliner sagging a bit in the middle due to water leakage, but it's otherwise in good condition.
    • Three tires will need to be replaced. They hold air but are bald.
    • There are some scratches and a few dents on the fender, and in some parts of the body, but overall I would give it a 7/10 rate.
    • Emergency tire has a tear on the wall.
    • Cracked windshield (my fault, the corner of the hood hit the glass when I was lifting up the hood when working on the engine)
    • May need new alternator, but I'm not entirely sure about this.

At this point I'm not interested in trades, nor will I part out. Will prefer to work with interested parties locally, but if you are serious but are out of state you are welcome to check it out. Please understand that the car will be available on a first come first serve basis, but if you tell me you are on your wayI will not sell it under you!

I will be taking more pics of the interior as well as the exterior as I didn't have much light to work with when I took the original ones.

Feel free to contact me at 1205-547-6120 or through here via PM.

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mr.MRder; 06-09-2015 at 08:28 PM. Reason: added info

Blog Entries
    Please clarify.

If a new member wants to buy it they only can thru eBay?

"..but I will only sell it to established long time members (or who are pretty active in the community) and not to car flippers (curbstones) due to the title washing problems we all know about. Nothing wrong in making a profit fixing up and re-selling the car, I just don't like it when someone sells the car still under my name.

I have the car listed on eBay,.."
    1/4 Mile Time 11.542 @ 121.19 MPH
    195,000 Miles & 275+ Runs Down the 1,320’
    541.57 RWHP & 476.64 RWTQ on DynoJet
    Tuned by Aric at Injected Engineering
    Vortech Super Charger V-2 “T” Trim, 19 PSI
    8 Rib Belt, Innovators West 10% Overdrive Dampner
    Air to Air Intercooler, Mini-race Bypass
    Ford Cobra Remanufactured Long Block
    Snow Performance Water-Methanol Injection
    Kooks Headers & X Pipe
    GT MAF, 60lb injectors, Dash 8, Aero Rails, Twin Ford GT Pumps,
    Kinsler Fuel Filter, Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump
    Monroe Sensatrac, Metco Control Arms, Addco Rear Sway Bar
    31 Ford Spline Axles & Detroit Truetrac, 4:10 Ford Racing Gears
    Dynotech MMC Driveshaft
    A-1 Performance Trans, Forced Tailshaft Lube, Carbon Clutches
    3,500 RPM Stall Precision Industries Torque Converter
    B&M Deep Finned Trans Pan
    AeroForce Scan Gauges , Auto Meter Oil, Fuel & Boost Gauges
    Kenny Brown Dead Pedal, 35% Tint, Silver Star Head Lights
    AutoPage Alarm RS-727LCD, Boston Acoustic NX87

sailsmen,

The car is listed on eBay but I'm posting it here for members of the community as well.

Hi can i get some pics of inside plz

Here are some more pics of the outside and interior. I have a lot more but will work on getting the links, or I can also send them to your email.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Still available folks. I have the spare tire if anyone is interested in it, in almost like new condition minus the tire which has a tear on the wall.

Just so you know. It's not a factory moonroof. And if you were not hours away from me I would buy it.
    Nitrous, a TURBO, 4.10's, are like a hot blonde with a STD, you really want to hit it but you are just afraid of the consequences.

Best e/t 12.7 @108mph with a 1.9 60' on eagle f1.
    best on e/t streets 12.40 @108 with a 1.6 60'<---- finally NOT faster then justbob.

Thanks for the heads up. I didn't know that. I had my suspicion about that as it didn't look too "stock" compared to the rest of the interior. Will change that for future reference.

I have had several folks from IL contacting me about the car. I was surprised to see that many ppl interested in it seeing how far they would have to drive to come to get it.

Must be a popular car up there.

Thread Information