Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: setina push bar installed!!

Quote Originally Posted by vtwoodsman View Post
    Hmmmmmm...now ya got me thinking about some of those James Bond 30mm machine guns, maybe hidden behind the CiBie's, then pop-out for action !!! Yeah......that would be like....cool !!

That's the ticket!

2003 300B DBP
    Build date: 6/19/03
    Number 7,792 of 7,838 - 326 of 328
    Proud member of the MM "BLUES" Bros.
    Purchased: 11/10/05
    Eaton swap by ImpalaSlayer 11-09-10

Semper et in Aeternum, Mercurius.

In Memory:
    2004 DTR
    Build Date 01/27/04
    Purchased 04/04/04
    Wrecked 10/19/05, R.I.P.

I know this is an old thread, but recent incidents have me investigating various options. First, the background story and fair warning to all who have a Grand Marquis or Crown Vic over 10 years old. I have a 2008 Grand Marquis. I live in an area heavily populated with deer and hit one three months ago. It was about a 20 mph impact and did $3200 in damage. I used to have a 2003 Crown Vic with a push guard. Hit a deer with that one and received zero damage. One month ago, a young girl ran a red light and totaled the Crown. I'm still dealing with the insurance company, but the book value they go by is $2500. That's total value. They total a car out at ~60-70% of overall value. Hitting a deer would have totaled it. I did replace the Crown with another 2008 Merc with 28000 miles. Very lucky to find this deal. However, in about 3 more years, the book value will be so low another deer hit will total it out so I'm looking at push guard options. Now, to the point.

My question is for those who have installed a push guard on their Merc. Did the kit for a Crown Vic fit with no modifications? If there were mods, what were they and how much cost did it add? I'm pretty sure it would fit, but would like to hear from those with personal experience. Please, no haters who say I'm just a cop wannabe. I just don't want to lose another car and get screwed over by the insurance company. Thanks.

Not too many Marauder owners have installed push-bars. Might want to try over at CVN.
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

you want something like this:

Yes from CVN.
    2021 F150 XLT Super Crew short bed - no chrome! - 3.5 Ecoboost 400hp/500tq - 36 Gal tank (600 miles) - 4x4 FX4 Offroad + Max Tow - 3.55 Locker - 10 Speed - Pro Power 2kva - 24mpg @ 80 Ford is still the best.
    03 300A - Number 1727
    - Super Touring - 10k in the best upgrades - 13.8@99 N/A - SOLD
    - STAP was so much fun, loved meeting you all and racing.

i wish i never clicked on this thread but curiosity got the best of me. The mod by itself is bad enough but the amount of people that thought it looked good on a MM is downright frightening!! totally kills the look of the Marauder. i have a hard enough time having the front plate holder on it.

1983 Hurst / Olds 2016 OCA Nationals Best in Class winner
    1985 Monte Carlo SS
    1970 Buick GS Stage 1
    2003 300A Car #2053
    14.6941 e/t @ 97.53 mph w/ JLT intake & MartyO tune

Quote Originally Posted by 88CuttyClassic View Post
    totally kills the look of the Marauder.
    Yeah, but I like the pic babbage posted. Would make a good Zombie Response Unit.
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

WOW!

Who dug up this dead thread?....again!

Looks HORRIBLE on a Marauder.

(and adds 100+ Lbs wayyyyyy out on the front end.)

What's next..... a trunk mounted luggage rack?

......Maybe they make push bars for Ford GTs.....
    Last edited by Joe Walsh; 08-07-2015 at 01:15 PM.
    2020 Ford Ranger STX DFI Turbo 2.3L 10 speed Auto
    2017 Ford Fusion Sport DFI Twin Turbo 2.7L V6 6 speed Auto (14.000 ET bone stock in 82 degree heat)
    1985 Mustang GT 5.0 Hatchback 4bbl 5 speed manual (525 HP 363 Dart block/AFR heads with Magnum 6 speed in the works)
    1984 Mustang GT 2.3 Turbo Convertible FI. 5 speed manual
    1966 427 Cobra (ERA) 468 all Aluminum FE 2x4bbl 5 speed manual

SOLD : 2003 Mercury Marauder FI. 4 speed Auto
    w/Crower Cams & Springs, +1mm SS valves, mild port job on the cylinder heads.
    Extrude honed intake w/PHP spacer.
    Kooks Headers w/2.5" High Flow Cats & X-Pipe, Magnaflow mufflers, OEM tailpipes w/Megs Tips
    B&M Trans cooler w/fan, Level 10 Shift Kit, Art Carr Hughes Deep Sump Trans Pan,
    SVO Rearend Girdle, Redline Gear lube; OEM 3.55s
    'Real Gauges' + matching Trans Temp, Oil Temp, Water Temp, Fuel Pressure, Vacuum/Boost Gauge
    Built: 10/15/02 Bought: 12/16/02 Sold: 10/15/18

No.

Just....no.

1. Black Sunshine (2003A F.I.T #3) (SOLD!)
    2. 2004 SAP P71 (Gone)
    3. The 2001 P71 (Flying Snow). (Sold)
    4. The 1998 P71 Jinbei. (Sold)
    5. 1990 5.7L IROC-Z (Sold)

Keeping a black car clean is not a hobby. It's a part-time job.

Support the troops.

Wow. Exactly what I didn't ask for. Mods can go ahead and delete my account. There is absolutely no point if people are just going to bash and spout personal opinions without even reading my post.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
    Wow. Exactly what I didn't ask for. Mods can go ahead and delete my account. There is absolutely no point if people are just going to bash and spout personal opinions without even reading my post.

If you knew this would happen, why post?
    Former owner of a 2004 DTR MM

4 miles from insanity and 2ft from broke!

Thumbs down

Don't let the door knob hit you!
    04 MERCURY MARAUDER build date:02/11/04
    ITS ALIVE !!!!!!!!

STAY TUNED!!!!!!!!!!

**WHIPPLE 4.0L CRUSHER!**0000 (FOR NOW) RWHP

VISIT MY GARAGE FOR A FULL LIST OF MODS

I know this is an old thread, but recent incidents have me investigating various options. First, the background story and fair warning to all who have a Grand Marquis or Crown Vic over 10 years old. I have a 2008 Grand Marquis. I live in an area heavily populated with deer and hit one three months ago. It was about a 20 mph impact and did $3200 in damage. I used to have a 2003 Crown Vic with a push guard. Hit a deer with that one and received zero damage. One month ago, a young girl ran a red light and totaled the Crown. I'm still dealing with the insurance company, but the book value they go by is $2500. That's total value. They total a car out at ~60-70% of overall value. Hitting a deer would have totaled it. I did replace the Crown with another 2008 Merc with 28000 miles. Very lucky to find this deal. However, in about 3 more years, the book value will be so low another deer hit will total it out so I'm looking at push guard options. Now, to the point.

My question is for those who have installed a push guard on their Merc. Did the kit for a Crown Vic fit with no modifications? If there were mods, what were they and how much cost did it add? I'm pretty sure it would fit, but would like to hear from those with personal experience. Please, no haters who say I'm just a cop wannabe. I just don't want to lose another car and get screwed over by the insurance company. Thanks.
    First of all, if you're getting screwed over by the insurance company, you need a new insurance company.

Second, most of these pushbars require cutting the front bumper, regardless if crown vic or not.

Third, if you get into a more serious accident, the frame may bend from the bar, causing the car to be totaled instead of just swapping front end parts.

If you can't stop hitting deer, get better headlamps, some HID projector retrofits to help you see the sides of the road better, or just plain drive slower in deer prone areas.

It's ultimately up to you obviously, but I think looks hideous and irreversible. Not to mention adds another 150 lbs of weight to an already pig of a car.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'04 Marauder #357 of 3213 - Built and Eaton swapped - "MERCD"
    '21 F150 XLT 5.0 Sport
    '18 Chevy Malibu Redline
    '15 Mustang GT, performance package
    '01 BMW 740i M-Sport, manual swapped
    '97 Lincoln Town Car (black on black)
    '10 Harley Ultra Limited
    '08 Kawasaki ZX6R
    '03 Grand Marquis(sold)

Bye bye now!

Builder Of Badassery
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

I had one on a crown Vic at one time and it does require cutting into the bumper to mount it. I still have it with all the mounting hardware if you're interested. Pay the shipping and it's yours.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownMaraud3r View Post
    First of all, if you're getting screwed over by the insurance company, you need a new insurance company.

Second, most of these pushbars require cutting the front bumper, regardless if crown vic or not.

Third, if you get into a more serious accident, the frame may bend from the bar, causing the car to be totaled instead of just swapping front end parts.

If you can't stop hitting deer, get better headlamps, some HID projector retrofits to help you see the sides of the road better, or just plain drive slower in deer prone areas.

It's ultimately up to you obviously, but I think looks hideous and irreversible. Not to mention adds another 150 lbs of weight to an already pig of a car.
    Well said!!!!
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information