Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Boxing in rear control arms

Smile

Thanks all. Mac it is good to see you back. I enjoy doing thinks like these. It is not about the money but about doing thinks my self. Believe me I want to make them strong and safe.
    03MM 300A Build date 06/03/02 Production #446Tilogy S/C Kit#4 387RWHP 364RWTQ, Addco front and rear sway bars,Factory Spoiler,Auto,Auto Meter Gauges ,Boost,Air/Fuel,Trans. Temp. Oil and Volt. All are real working gauges now.Badgeless Grill,J Mod
    Metco D/S Loop,Boxed Lower Rear Control Arms
    New Made Upper Rear Control Arms
    Boxed Watts Link,Ford Finned Rear End Cover
    Colex Caps: Oil,Water,Enter Cooler,Power Steering,Master Cylinder and Windshield Washer
    Daniels Coil Covers and Buttons,Nitto 255/45 front
    Widen Rear Wheels with 295/45 Nitto's,Zack's Big Brakes, Rear Drilled a slotted rotors,TCE Braided brake lines,Pro Guard Skid Plate,Summit trans pan, New Exhaust.K&N Cold Air Intake,JLT Catch Can,fastblackmerc door seal plates, pedal covers and Mustang dead pedal.

What Color

I want to paint them Red but what do you all think?
    03MM 300A Build date 06/03/02 Production #446Tilogy S/C Kit#4 387RWHP 364RWTQ, Addco front and rear sway bars,Factory Spoiler,Auto,Auto Meter Gauges ,Boost,Air/Fuel,Trans. Temp. Oil and Volt. All are real working gauges now.Badgeless Grill,J Mod
    Colex Caps: Oil,Water,Enter Cooler,Power Steering,Master Cylinder and Windshield Washer
    Widen Rear Wheels with 295/45 Nitto's,Zack's Big Brakes, Rear Drilled a slotted rotors,TCE Braided brake lines,Pro Guard Skid Plate,Summit trans pan, New Exhaust.K&N Cold Air Intake,JLT Catch Can,fastblackmerc door seal plates, pedal covers and Mustang dead pedal.

Town Car Upper's are different, not the lowers.

Red would look good, are your calipers painted?
    2004 Black Marauder: #2237 Born on 4/1/2004

Eaton Swapped and a bunch of other goodies!

Yes they are red and I am going to due a good detail when the weather gets better. I do have shop with a lift. Just need to get warmer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    very nice, anyone know where you can buy the Town car LIMO rear control arms?
    Check with member gDMJoe, he has them on his 03 CV sport and has pics
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

The Marauder has Town Car air springs, the control arms are ordinary panther.
    Lifespeed

2004 Silver Birch Marauder 130K miles
    Wilwood Aero6 F, NMDP R brakes, Penske 7500DA shocks, Hypercoil 600lbs F and Grand Marquis R air springs, Addco tubular sway bars, Metco control & Watts, 31 sp axles, Stainless Works cat-back exhaust, Lidio tune, American Racing AR883 9.3" 50mm F 10" 59mm R 20" wheels, Pirelli P-Zero 265/35-20, 275/40-20 tires

Coming soon: Livernois 5.0L stroker, ADTR/Vortech V2 intercooled SC, Silverfox trans and Circle D converter

I have a question. It looks like the upper have angle to them. Looks like when I set them on my bench and they are level the front end shows 6 degrees and the other is 0. Any input?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Mathis View Post
    ooohhh
    you asked.....
    sent from my rotary phone using Technicolor

2004 SILVER BIRCH/BLACK PAINT
    DARK CHARCOAL NUDO LEATHER
    #400 of 997 (SOLD)

2004 CV LX SPORT
    ALL BLACK, 6 DISC, TUNED MZT (SOLD)

2004 300A MM BLACK
    1 OWNER CAR, NO OPTIONS
    DAILY DRIVER

2013 DAYTONA R/T
    SUPER TRACK PACK
    DAYTONA BLUE PEARL
    #1763 off ~2100
    NOW WITH A 392 & 3.73 posi!

I cut out the middle and boxed them and reused the new rubber bushings. I was thinking of doing it the way you did but thought it would be too wide. Plus I guess I saved some weight. Right. Now I can go .001 of second faster in the quarter. Nice job they look good man

Did someone say CA's http://www.thechicagogarage.com/foru...ou-can-do.html

A great how to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Mathis View Post
    Here is where I am at for now. The Lower control arms I used are 1/8" thick so that made for a good weld. I am going to due the next one then start boxing in the ends with 1/8 flat bar.
    awesome mods! I'm certainly going to do this to mine!

Up Date

Have come to a work stoppage do to the after market upper control arms. They are not the same as are stock ones. It is hard for me to box them in. so right now I am not sure if I want to keep going. I need some stock uppers and not sure if I want to spend any more money.

Quote Originally Posted by Thenwhat85 View Post
    I cut out the middle and boxed them and reused the new rubber bushings. I was thinking of doing it the way you did but thought it would be too wide. Plus I guess I saved some weight. Right. Now I can go .001 of second faster in the quarter. Nice job they look good man

Nice. I've yet to see anyone do the watts link.

Builder Of Badassery
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

I am thinking about doing the watts link next. I think Thenwhat 85 did one.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information